• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Praise God When He's The One Who Brought Coronavirus To Us?

samtonga43

Okay, now we are cooking with gas, as the saying goes. :)

If humans are attributing these qualities to God and fallible humans wrote the Old Testament why should we trust what the Old Testament says about God?

Because of context, Trailblazer. Context.

And understanding the various genres of the O.T..

And understanding WHY these fallible humans used the language they used.

Do you trust only infallible people?
Are there any infallible people?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Because of context, Trailblazer. Context.

And understanding the various genres of the O.T..

And understanding WHY these fallible humans used the language they used.
I do not understand why these fallible humans used the language they used, do you understand?
If you understand can you explain it to me?
Do you trust only infallible people?
No, I trust some fallible people.
Are there any infallible people?
Yes, I believe that all the Manifestations of God were infallible.
I believe that Baha'u'llah was infallible, so why would I need to refer to a Book that was written by fallible men 3500 years ago, when I have the original Writings of Baha'u'llah to refer to?

SeekingAllTruth

What question?
Shrug.jpg

SeekingAllTruth

you man was hard only but it was most of the parables and it hasn't happened yet because they come at their right time as God says in the parable I speak
what does the parable mean? hadanka? or also a proverb
so if you want to oust someone for something he didn't do then just do it if you don't just be punished
cc133a37b6953aa3e73a9768f226af69.jpg

Pilgrim Soldier

Jesus never said He was the One and only true Creators of all things God and there's no other besides Me.
Paul said that Jesus created all things but Paul was wrong, because God created all things.

Jesus said He was the only way to come to the Father, but that only applied to the Christian Dispensation.
Do you know what a dispensation is?

Dispensation
  1. the divine ordering of the affairs of the world.
  2. an appointment, arrangement, or favor, as by God.
  3. a divinely appointed order or age:
e.g. the old Mosaic, or Jewish, dispensation; the new gospel, or Christian, dispensation.

Definition of dispensation | Dictionary.com

By an arrangement of God the divine ordering of the affairs of the world is only according to one religion at a time. Thus each religion only applies to the age (dispensation) in which it is revealed.

Once a Messenger of God has completed His Mission on earth, what He revealed is pertinent only until the next Messenger of God appears. Moreover, every time God sends a new Messenger, His Revelation abrogates all the Revelations that came before it and the divine ordering of the affairs of the world is according to the religion that He establishes.

The gospel of Jesus has not been abrogated, but the Dispensation of Jesus has been abrogated because Jesus completed His mission on earth 2000 years ago....Abrogation means by an arrangement of God the divine ordering of the affairs of the world is now according to the Revelation of Baha'u'llah, not according to the gospel of Jesus.

Where do you think Jesus said that? Cite the verses and I will tell you what I believe they mean.

You believe what others say about Jesus since that is what the New Testament consists of. It is not the words Jesus actually spoke because the writers of the NT never even knew Jesus.

It might be comfy-cozy to believe that now, but the Truth is what will set you free and get you to heaven, not a fantasy.

You are emotionally attached to the man Jesus as depicted by Christianity, but that does not even represent the real Jesus.

Why does it have to be a contest between Jesus and someone else? Why can't God have more than one Representative? No Baha'i ever gave up Jesus by accepting Baha'u'llah because we are absolutely required to believe in both of them.

“As to the position of Christianity, let it be stated without any hesitation or equivocation that its divine origin is unconditionally acknowledged, that the Sonship and Divinity of Jesus Christ are fearlessly asserted, that the divine inspiration of the Gospel is fully recognized, that the reality of the mystery of the Immaculacy of the Virgin Mary is confessed, and the primacy of Peter, the Prince of the Apostles, is upheld and defended. The Founder of the Christian Faith is designated by Bahá’u’lláh as the “Spirit of God,” is proclaimed as the One Who “appeared out of the breath of the Holy Ghost,” and is even extolled as the “Essence of the Spirit.” His mother is described as “that veiled and immortal, that most beauteous, countenance,” and the station of her Son eulogized as a “station which hath been exalted above the imaginings of all that dwell on earth,” whilst Peter is recognized as one whom God has caused “the mysteries of wisdom and of utterance to flow out of his mouth.”

The Promised Day is Come, pp. 109-110
Jesus is the One True Creator almighty God, He promised to cast everyone who doesn't believe this into the lake of fire. So i can't afford to risk putting my trust in unbelievers like yourself,I've afarid of Jesus. We saw how Hw killed billions of men women and children in the flood and many other punishments.

we see the wrath and hatred of Jesus in our day with things like AIDS, covid wars and natural disasters,drug addiction etc. We can't afford to take Him lightly we need to be parallelised with fear towards Him.

SeekingAllTruth

Jesus is the One True Creator almighty God, He promised to cast everyone who doesn't believe this into the lake of fire. So i can't afford to risk putting my trust in unbelievers like yourself,I've afarid of Jesus. We saw how Hw killed billions of men women and children in the flood and many other punishments.

we see the wrath and hatred of Jesus in our day with things like AIDS, covid wars and natural disasters,drug addiction etc. We can't afford to take Him lightly we need to be parallelised with fear towards Him.
It must be horrible to live in such fear. I am so glad I am done with this religion. :):)

None. I was a sap. I was a wet-behind-the-ears 16 year old when I accepted Jesus back circa 1968. I learned 10 years ago at the age of 60 using the Internet that there was no history of a Jesus plus a bunch of other nefarious stuff about Christianity's rise. When you can't locate historical facts about a person 2000 years ago you have to assume it was myth-making. I dropped Christianity like a hot potato. My life has been immensely better since.

How has the belief in Christ come so far. The most educated men of our times know better than to deny the fact Christ exists,
When the Roman empire started to fail what did they do? Adopted the Christian Jewish belief in a messiah) faith. Once again by using the faith in Christ tried to rule men by a faith they controlled and making people bow to it's will not Gods will.

The gates of hell and the world cannot prevail against the Kingdom of God is because the Church has always been it's people like the Israelite's who were Gods people by his covenant with them. The kingdom of God is a body of people who worship God not in a place but within the people.

If you are truly seeking all truth you must first understand what truth you are seeking and how to recognize it when you do.

alypius

I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. Isaiah 45:7

Instead of praising God we should be holding Him responsible for all the misery and death Coronavirus is doing to us. He tells us in no uncertain words He's the one who created this monstrous evil we have labeled Coronavirus.

Would it be logical to form one's entire image of God merely on one phrase from the Old Testament?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
You can run now but, remember nobody escapes judgement day
That's true, nobody escapes judgment day, and that includes me and you.

“Know ye that the world and its vanities and its embellishments shall pass away. Nothing will endure except God’s Kingdom which pertaineth to none but Him, the Sovereign Lord of all, the Help in Peril, the All-Glorious, the Almighty. The days of your life shall roll away, and all the things with which ye are occupied and of which ye boast yourselves shall perish, and ye shall, most certainly, be summoned by a company of His angels to appear at the spot where the limbs of the entire creation shall be made to tremble, and the flesh of every oppressor to creep. Ye shall be asked of the things your hands have wrought in this, your vain life, and shall be repaid for your doings. This is the day that shall inevitably come upon you, the hour that none can put back. To this the Tongue of Him that speaketh the truth and is the Knower of all things hath testified.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 125

Pilgrim Soldier

That's true, nobody escapes judgment day, and that includes me and you.

“Know ye that the world and its vanities and its embellishments shall pass away. Nothing will endure except God’s Kingdom which pertaineth to none but Him, the Sovereign Lord of all, the Help in Peril, the All-Glorious, the Almighty. The days of your life shall roll away, and all the things with which ye are occupied and of which ye boast yourselves shall perish, and ye shall, most certainly, be summoned by a company of His angels to appear at the spot where the limbs of the entire creation shall be made to tremble, and the flesh of every oppressor to creep. Ye shall be asked of the things your hands have wrought in this, your vain life, and shall be repaid for your doings. This is the day that shall inevitably come upon you, the hour that none can put back. To this the Tongue of Him that speaketh the truth and is the Knower of all things hath testified.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 125
That does include you but not me, I'm glad to say I'm one of God's elect. we won't be judged as we will inherit eternal paradise, go read the Bible

SeekingAllTruth

That does include you but not me, I'm glad to say I'm one of God's elect. we won't be judged as we will inherit eternal paradise, go read the Bible
Includes me too. I was meditating some time ago and I distinctly heard the voice of God in my mind say, "You are one of my elect."

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
That means more to me than being God's! Oh, He's not going to like that. :)
You are my friend and a kindred spirit because we are both seekers of truth in our own ways, so I want to add something to what I said before.that just came to my mind...

I said:
I don't want to be in God's elect cuz I'm kind of mad at Him right now, again. :mad:
He's not going to like that but I cannot be less than honest about how I feel.

I was going to add that even if God does not like that I am not that worried if He likes that (as some Christians have said I should be worried) because I believe that God knows why I said that and why i feel this way and I don't think there will be any punishment... What these Christians do not understand is that God is not going to hold me accountable for any psychological problems I have, especially since I have battled them my entire life. I am only responsible for spiritual problems that I have, that which is under my control since I can choose good or evil. Just as God would not blame someone who had cancer God is not going to blame me for depression which does distort my perception of Him and makes me believe He is uncaring, unfair, and even out to get me and teach me lessons by torturing me endlessly. :( I do not really believe this is true on a rational thinking level, but I feel it on an emotional level, and as you probably know, emotions often trump rational thoughts.

Unfortunately, we have the scriptures that say that God sends us tests to strengthen us and we should be grateful for those so that really messes up my thinking and then I am right back in the loop with the emotions and I hate God because I consider what He does as cruel and I cannot be grateful for it. And because these scriptures essentially say I am a bad person if I do not feel what I am supposed to feel for God (love) and appreciate His tests and I can't feel that way I end up being more depressed than I was in the first place because I feel guilty that I am not grateful to God and that i don't love God.

I don't know if I am making much sense but maybe if you knew the circumstances my life you could better understand why I feel this way. On top of the circumstances that I cannot change, I have an inherited tendency to depression and there is no cure for that. Maybe this passage will help me explain. I feel like everyone I meet is joyful regardless of their circumstances with Covid-19, etc. and in comparison I feel like a dead being. That is painful, and one reason I isolate most of the time unless I have to deal with people in the real world.

“In this world we are influenced by two sentiments, Joy and Pain.

Joy gives us wings! In times of joy our strength is more vital, our intellect keener, and our understanding less clouded. We seem better able to cope with the world and to find our sphere of usefulness. But when sadness visits us we become weak, our strength leaves us, our comprehension is dim and our intelligence veiled. The actualities of life seem to elude our grasp, the eyes of our spirits fail to discover the sacred mysteries, and we become even as dead beings.” Abdu'l-Baha, Paris Talks

Now I have been crying as I am writing this,:cry: something I do not normally do since I am always strong and I always face what I have to face, I never run away. I cannot believe God expects more of me, I think it is other believers that think He does expect more because they do not really understand their scriptures and what they say about God. I am not only referring to Christians, I am also referring to Baha's. It seems to me that belief overrides compassion for most believers, so that is why I always turn to atheists or deists who don't have a dog in the fight. ;)