• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Praise God When He's The One Who Brought Coronavirus To Us?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Eisegesis? If you look up the meaning for yourself you'l probably remember it for longer than you would if I just told you.
What does Eisegesis mean?
: the interpretation of a text (as of the Bible) by reading into it one's own ideas — compare exegesis.

Eisegesis | Definition of Eisegesis by Merriam-Webster

So how do you think that applies to me?

BTW, eisegesisis what I think Christians do so they believe things that are not even IN the Bible.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
No. Attributing human qualities to God (by human authors does not make God human. You're being silly.
Okay, so how does attributing human qualities to God (by human authors) not make God human?
Do you for example believe that God gets jealous of other gods?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
No it doesn't. You are being illogical.
anthropomorphism: the attribution of human characteristics or behavior to a god, animal, or object.

Okay, so if anthropomorphism does not mean that God never really did any of that stuff in the first place, what does it mean to you? Do you believe that God did all that stuff it says He did in the Old Testament?.

SeekingAllTruth

Okay, so how does attributing human qualities to God (by human authors) not make God human?
The Old Testament attributes all sorts of human qualities to God/Yahweh:

jealous, petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.”

samtonga43

jealous, petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.”

Someone asked what the word 'eisegesis' means. See above.

samtonga43

It does not make God human because it is humans who are attributing these qualities to God. Humans are fallible.

Pilgrim Soldier

Your Christian pagan god and my idea of what Higher Intelligence possibly made everything are at opposite ends of the spectrum.

“The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.”
Wow, there's enough blasphemy there to sink the Titanic. Your extremely brave, to show no fear and utter contempt for your God.
What we think doesn't matter, the only thing that matters is the truth because the truth said He would get His way and judge all unbelievers and cast them into a white hot river of lava where they will spend eternity screaming in torment.
God actually proved everything He said when He came into the world in the second Person of the Holy Trinity, so it's not as though we don't have proof. The fear of God's wrath and the lake of fire caused me to repent and believe.
The God of the old testament is still the same today, the only thing that changes was the ceremonial laws. everything else remains the same, He still hates those He always hated and loves His elect as He always has

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
It does not make God human because it is humans who are attributing these qualities to God. Humans are fallible.
Okay, now we are cooking with gas, as the saying goes. :)

If humans are attributing these qualities to God and fallible humans wrote the Old Testament why should we trust what the Old Testament says about God?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member

Yes indeed, the Old Testament turns God into a human being, much unlike the Writings of Baha'u'llah which allow God to be God. ;)

Pilgrim Soldier

New Living Translation
So the LORD changed his mind about the terrible disaster he had threatened to bring on his people.

LOLOL!
That's not God changing His mind, that was written from an observers point of view. God did threaten to punish the Jews, for their idolatry while they roamed the desert for 40 years, but Moses prayed and appealed to Gods promise to bless His chosen people and God relented.
To say He changed His mind is a miss translation, He knew Moses would pray and He knew that He would relent but He still wanted Moses to pray none the less.
Be careful who you trust to interpret God's Word to you, the world is full of false Demonic doctrine leading people into damnation.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Wow, there's enough blasphemy there to sink the Titanic. Your extremely brave, to show no fear and utter contempt for your God.
What we think doesn't matter, the only thing that matters is the truth because the truth said He would get His way and judge all unbelievers and cast them into a white hot river of lava where they will spend eternity screaming in torment.
God actually proved everything He said when He came into the world in the second Person of the Holy Trinity, so it's not as though we don't have proof. The fear of God's wrath and the lake of fire caused me to repent and believe.
The God of the old testament is still the same today, the only thing that changes was the ceremonial laws. everything else remains the same, He still hates those He always hated and loves His elect as He always has
@ SeekingAllTruth was not blaspheming against the one true God, He was referring to the anthropomorphic God that men created in the Old Testament. ;)

The God of the Old Testament does not exist, He is an anthropomorphism. If God was the same yesterday and today, the OT God would not differ so much from the NT God. Why can't Christians let the OT go, as they have the God of the New Testament who is a lot nicer and a lot more like the one true God that Baha'u'llah wrote about.

“God witnesseth that there is no God but Him, the Gracious, the Best-Beloved. All grace and bounty are His. To whomsoever He will He giveth whatsoever is His wish. He, verily, is the All-Powerful, the Almighty, the Help in Peril, the Self-Subsisting.”
Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 73

“Regard thou the one true God as One Who is apart from, and immeasurably exalted above, all created things. The whole universe reflecteth His glory, while He is Himself independent of, and transcendeth His creatures. This is the true meaning of Divine unity. He Who is the Eternal Truth is the one Power Who exerciseth undisputed sovereignty over the world of being, Whose image is reflected in the mirror of the entire creation. All existence is dependent upon Him, and from Him is derived the source of the sustenance of all things. This is what is meant by Divine unity; this is its fundamental principle.”
Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 167

Ideally, Christians would accept the God that Baha'u'llah revealed because He is the same God that Jesus revealed, the loving and merciful God. The God of the Old Testament is an anthropomorphic God, not the real God. God did not get jealous of other gods and God did not get angry because two people ate a piece of fruit from a tree and God did not flood the whole earth. :rolleyes:

Genesis flood narrative - Wikipedia

Last edited:

Pilgrim Soldier

@ SeekingAllTruth was not blaspheming against the one true God, He was referring to the anthropomorphic God that men created in the Old Testament. ;)

The God of the Old Testament does not exist, He is an anthropomorphism. If God was the same yesterday and today, the OT God would not differ so much from the NT God. Why can't Christians let the OT go, as they have the God of the New Testament who is a lot nicer and a lot more like the one true God that Baha'u'llah wrote about.

“God witnesseth that there is no God but Him, the Gracious, the Best-Beloved. All grace and bounty are His. To whomsoever He will He giveth whatsoever is His wish. He, verily, is the All-Powerful, the Almighty, the Help in Peril, the Self-Subsisting.”
Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 73

“Regard thou the one true God as One Who is apart from, and immeasurably exalted above, all created things. The whole universe reflecteth His glory, while He is Himself independent of, and transcendeth His creatures. This is the true meaning of Divine unity. He Who is the Eternal Truth is the one Power Who exerciseth undisputed sovereignty over the world of being, Whose image is reflected in the mirror of the entire creation. All existence is dependent upon Him, and from Him is derived the source of the sustenance of all things. This is what is meant by Divine unity; this is its fundamental principle.”
Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 167

Ideally, Christians would accept the God that Baha'u'llah revealed because He is the same God that Jesus revealed, the loving and merciful God. The God of the Old Testament is an anthropomorphic God, not the real God. God did not get jealous of other gods and God did not get angry because two people ate a piece of fruit from a tree and God did not flood the whole earth. :rolleyes:

Genesis flood narrative - Wikipedia
We obviously believe in entirely different Gods, so there's no chance that we will ever agree on anything. Jesus said He is the One and only true Creators of all things God and there's no other besides Me.

He did say there are many gods, but none of them are real persons. They are all Demons posing as deities, but they have no power to do anything good for those who believe in them, all they do is lead people to hell where they are going.

So the choice we all have is, who do we believe. Do we believe what Jesus says or do we believe what others say about Him. I believe in Him because He proved that He is God by demonstrating His power over Demons, People, Nature and death itself. He conquered everything in the universe and He is victorious over everything.

If I find someone who can beat Jesus, I will follow them and believe in them. until that time I will leave the losers behind and follow Christ alone.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
We obviously believe in entirely different Gods, so there's no chance that we will ever agree on anything. Jesus said He is the One and only true Creators of all things God and there's no other besides Me.
Jesus never said He was the One and only true Creators of all things God and there's no other besides Me.
Paul said that Jesus created all things but Paul was wrong, because God created all things.

Jesus said He was the only way to come to the Father, but that only applied to the Christian Dispensation.
Do you know what a dispensation is?

Dispensation
  1. the divine ordering of the affairs of the world.
  2. an appointment, arrangement, or favor, as by God.
  3. a divinely appointed order or age:
e.g. the old Mosaic, or Jewish, dispensation; the new gospel, or Christian, dispensation.

Definition of dispensation | Dictionary.com

By an arrangement of God the divine ordering of the affairs of the world is only according to one religion at a time. Thus each religion only applies to the age (dispensation) in which it is revealed.

Once a Messenger of God has completed His Mission on earth, what He revealed is pertinent only until the next Messenger of God appears. Moreover, every time God sends a new Messenger, His Revelation abrogates all the Revelations that came before it and the divine ordering of the affairs of the world is according to the religion that He establishes.

The gospel of Jesus has not been abrogated, but the Dispensation of Jesus has been abrogated because Jesus completed His mission on earth 2000 years ago....Abrogation means by an arrangement of God the divine ordering of the affairs of the world is now according to the Revelation of Baha'u'llah, not according to the gospel of Jesus.
He did say there are many gods, but none of them are real persons. They are all Demons posing as deities, but they have no power to do anything good for those who believe in them, all they do is lead people to hell where they are going.
Where do you think Jesus said that? Cite the verses and I will tell you what I believe they mean.
So the choice we all have is, who do we believe. Do we believe what Jesus says or do we believe what others say about Him.
You believe what others say about Jesus since that is what the New Testament consists of. It is not the words Jesus actually spoke because the writers of the NT never even knew Jesus.
I believe in Him because He proved that He is God by demonstrating His power over Demons, People, Nature and death itself. He conquered everything in the universe and He is victorious over everything.
You believe myths and stories that were written about Jesus, not even realizing what could happen to you as a result. You cannot ever know the real Jesus if you believe in a myth.
It might be comfy-cozy to believe that now, but the Truth is what will set you free and get you to heaven, not a fantasy.
If I find someone who can beat Jesus, I will follow them and believe in them. until that time I will leave the losers behind and follow Christ alone.
You are emotionally attached to the man Jesus as depicted by Christianity, but that does not even represent the real Jesus.

Why does it have to be a contest between Jesus and someone else? Why can't God have more than one Representative? No Baha'i ever gave up Jesus by accepting Baha'u'llah because we are absolutely required to believe in both of them.

“As to the position of Christianity, let it be stated without any hesitation or equivocation that its divine origin is unconditionally acknowledged, that the Sonship and Divinity of Jesus Christ are fearlessly asserted, that the divine inspiration of the Gospel is fully recognized, that the reality of the mystery of the Immaculacy of the Virgin Mary is confessed, and the primacy of Peter, the Prince of the Apostles, is upheld and defended. The Founder of the Christian Faith is designated by Bahá’u’lláh as the “Spirit of God,” is proclaimed as the One Who “appeared out of the breath of the Holy Ghost,” and is even extolled as the “Essence of the Spirit.” His mother is described as “that veiled and immortal, that most beauteous, countenance,” and the station of her Son eulogized as a “station which hath been exalted above the imaginings of all that dwell on earth,” whilst Peter is recognized as one whom God has caused “the mysteries of wisdom and of utterance to flow out of his mouth.”

The Promised Day is Come, pp. 109-110

SeekingAllTruth

That's not God changing His mind, that was written from an observers point of view. God did threaten to punish the Jews, for their idolatry while they roamed the desert for 40 years, but Moses prayed and appealed to Gods promise to bless His chosen people and God relented.
To say He changed His mind is a miss translation, He knew Moses would pray and He knew that He would relent but He still wanted Moses to pray none the less.
Be careful who you trust to interpret God's Word to you, the world is full of false Demonic doctrine leading people into damnation.
Well, you know...millions of
The New Living Translation goofed?

SeekingAllTruth

You know, I used to buy all this nonsense when I was a Christian. Not anymore. It's just your word against mine. Far as I'm concerned the Christian god is just another pagan god like Zeus and Osiris.

Your Christian pagan god and my idea of what Higher Intelligence possibly made everything are at opposite ends of the spectrum.

“The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.”

you man was hard only but it was most of the parables and it hasn't happened yet because they come at their right time as God says in the parable I speak
what does the parable mean? hadanka? or also a proverb
so if you want to oust someone for something he didn't do then just do it if you don't just be punished