• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Praise God When He's The One Who Brought Coronavirus To Us?

SeekingAllTruth

It is a lot like saying: " We shall ignore the truths God has revealed about himself and proceed down our own path recreating a new god one who adjusts to our way of thinking." The truth that cannot be denied about the God of Abraham, Issac and Jacob is that he revealed himself to them, The sacrifice of Issac we see it had to be met not with Issac but with a sacrifice God provided, The OT makes it clear that God is not a liar all belief must start with what God has revealed about himself and mankind.Satan according to the statement above has already moved you from truth according to the OT. He has you believing that he is not a real person and that the OT about God which according to the bible was given to man by the Holy Spirit is somehow irrelevant. For those born of Spirit and Truth is has been fulfilled about the Messiah. Then Acts seven tells how Stephen full of the Holy Spirit spoke the word to those present and it cost him his life. But revelation to the disciples show that he looked up and saw heaven open and Christ sat at the right hand of God, Were the disciples liars?

The belief above us not unique to yourself. However it is not biblical but God is honest and Christ was clear that King James Bible
For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
7Where can I go to escape Your Spirit?

Where can I flee from Your presence? 8If I ascend to the heavens, You are there;

if I make my bed in Sheol, You are there.

God is in all places he is omnipresent and has told the end from the beginning according to the bible.. A persons days numbered before they began. If everyone is going to be saved and hell doesn't exist what was the point of Christ being the sacrifice? To take your stance would make a mockery of your beliefs. It would show there is no foundation in the truth about God himself and what he has taught. Your take on belief would give belief in a manmade god. Which is interesting but has no basis in truth of any religion outside the Abrahamic God.

Jesus Christ, alive and seated at the right hand of God, Where is Baha'u'llah did he rise from the dead?
Joseph Smith received the Gold bars he translated from an angel. One thing which is constant through the OT and the NT is that God spoke to men through the Spirit, The religious beliefs of Baha'u'llah are his chosen beliefs. Anything not built on Spirit and Truth in Abrahamic faith is not from God which they believe in. OT tells us that God has covenants with his vhosen people in Spirit and Truth. The one last Covenant Christ fulfilled was foretold. Every Covenant has it's place in truth of God given to man so there is no excuse for belief in any other. The books have a great deal to do with the judgement according to the bible.

What secular proof do you have for anything you've written about Jesus? None. It all comes from the Bible, a flawed holy book riddled with at least 50,000 errors and contradictions. Even Jewish Bible scholars concede Abraham, Jacob and Isaac are legendary, not real.

What secular proof do you have for anything you've written about Jesus? None. It all comes from the Bible, a flawed holy book riddled with at least 50,000 errors and contradictions. Even Jewish Bible scholars concede Abraham, Jacob and Isaac are legendary, not real.

What truth did you have when you first believed?
So far nothing in your post reflects a history of having read the bible during your years of belief,
When you can prove anything of your belief or even why you disbelieve having believed then you can actually be in a place
to question my beliefs.

SeekingAllTruth

What truth did you have when you first believed?
So far nothing in your post reflects a history of having read the bible during your years of belief,
When you can prove anything of your belief or even why you disbelieve having believed then you can actually be in a place
to question my beliefs.
None. I was a sap. I was a wet-behind-the-ears 16 year old when I accepted Jesus back circa 1968. I learned 10 years ago at the age of 60 using the Internet that there was no history of a Jesus plus a bunch of other nefarious stuff about Christianity's rise. When you can't locate historical facts about a person 2000 years ago you have to assume it was myth-making. I dropped Christianity like a hot potato. My life has been immensely better since.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I'm not sure which god your talking about, but the God of the Bible never changes. He loves and hates the same as He always has. He said, "I am the same today, yesterday and forevermore, I change not" Now I need to make a choice to either believe you or God, I'll have to give it some thought before I decide :(
Of course the nature of God never changes, but God can change the laws that he reveals to humans, because humans and the world they live in change over time and thus humans need new laws from God in every new age.
Thus some of the laws that were revealed in the Old Testament were no longer pertinent after Jesus appeared so Jesus changed some of them to suit the times in which Jesus lived and those laws applied for some time afterwards.

In the following passage, the Law of God refers to the divinely revealed religion of God. The spiritual message (spiritual virtues and divine qualities) are the same in all the great world religions:

“the Law of God is divided into two parts. One is the fundamental basis which comprises all spiritual things—that is to say, it refers to the spiritual virtues and divine qualities; this does not change nor alter: it is the Holy of Holies, which is the essence of the Law of Adam, Noah, Abraham, Moses, Christ, Muhammad, the Báb, and Bahá’u’lláh, and which lasts and is established in all the prophetic cycles. It will never be abrogated, for it is spiritual and not material truth; it is faith, knowledge, certitude, justice, piety, righteousness, trustworthiness, love of God, benevolence, purity, detachment, humility, meekness, patience and constancy. It shows mercy to the poor, defends the oppressed, gives to the wretched and uplifts the fallen......

These divine qualities, these eternal commandments, will never be abolished; nay, they will last and remain established for ever and ever. These virtues of humanity will be renewed in each of the different cycles; for at the end of every cycle the spiritual Law of God—that is to say, the human virtues—disappears, and only the form subsists.

The second part of the Religion of God, which refers to the material world, and which comprises fasting, prayer, forms of worship, marriage and divorce, the abolition of slavery, legal processes, transactions, indemnities for murder, violence, theft and injuries—this part of the Law of God, which refers to material things, is modified and altered in each prophetic cycle in accordance with the necessities of the times.” Some Answered Questions, pp. 48

In addition to these two parts of the Religion of God, we have the primary message of each Messenger, which changes from age to age.

Last edited:

samtonga43

None. I was a sap. I was a wet-behind-the-ears 16 year old when I accepted Jesus back circa 1968. I learned 10 years ago at the age of 60 using the Internet that there was no history of a Jesus plus a bunch of other nefarious stuff about Christianity's rise. When you can't locate historical facts about a person 2000 years ago you have to assume it was myth-making. I dropped Christianity like a hot potato. My life has been immensely better since.

Almost the same as me! Except that I was a wet-behind-the-ears atheist who renounced any possible likelihood of there being a "Christian God".

SeekingAllTruth

Almost the same as me! Except that I was a wet-behind-the-ears atheist who renounced any possible likelihood of there being a "Christian God".
And now you believe there is??????
p49esb1adofng.png

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
It is a lot like saying: " We shall ignore the truths God has revealed about himself and proceed down our own path recreating a new god one who adjusts to our way of thinking." The truth that cannot be denied about the God of Abraham, Issac and Jacob is that he revealed himself to them, The sacrifice of Issac we see it had to be met not with Issac but with a sacrifice God provided, The OT makes it clear that God is not a liar all belief must start with what God has revealed about himself and mankind.
I believe in the God of Abraham, Issac and Jacob but who is to say that it was actually God speaking through the men who wrote the Old Testament? Can you prove it was from God? Anyone can write that it was God speaking through those men, but were those men actually speaking for God and did God actually do what they say He did? I am a skeptic in that regard.
Satan according to the statement above has already moved you from truth according to the OT. He has you believing that he is not a real person and that the OT about God which according to the bible was given to man by the Holy Spirit is somehow irrelevant. For those born of Spirit and Truth is has been fulfilled about the Messiah. Then Acts seven tells how Stephen full of the Holy Spirit spoke the word to those present and it cost him his life. But revelation to the disciples show that he looked up and saw heaven open and Christ sat at the right hand of God, Were the disciples liars?
I do not take issue with the New Testament except for the fact that it was not written by the disciples or anyone who knew Jesus, so it is logically impossible for it to contain the exact words Jesus spoke. Nevertheless I believe the important spiritual teachings of Jesus were recorded and preserved. Does the Bible say that Satan is a real entity? If not, it is fully acceptable to interpret Satan as being a metaphor for evil and that which leads us away from God, not a real entity that has existence. There are many metaphors in the Bible. Everything in the Bible was never intended to be interpreted literally, as an event that actually took place.
The belief above us not unique to yourself. However it is not biblical but God is honest and Christ was clear that King James Bible
For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
7Where can I go to escape Your Spirit?

Where can I flee from Your presence? 8If I ascend to the heavens, You are there;

if I make my bed in Sheol, You are there.
The Bible says many, many things, so anyone can find most anything in the Bible to support a given viewpoint or belief. However, the fact that many verses contradict other verses shows that not only one belief is true.
God is in all places he is omnipresent and has told the end from the beginning according to the bible.. A persons days numbered before they began. If everyone is going to be saved and hell doesn't exist what was the point of Christ being the sacrifice? To take your stance would make a mockery of your beliefs. It would show there is no foundation in the truth about God himself and what he has taught. Your take on belief would give belief in a manmade god. Which is interesting but has no basis in truth of any religion outside the Abrahamic God.
I do not believe that everything Christians believe is what Jesus actually taught. I do not believe that Jesus sacrificed Himself to save us from original sin of Adam and Eve, since I do not believe that brought a curse upon all f humanity. It is important to note that Jesus never spoke of any original sin, although Jesus spoke of sin. Jesus sacrificed Himself as a ransom for the sins and iniquities of all the peoples of the earth, not for one sin committed by Adam and Eve.

I never said that hell does not exist; I said that hell is not a geographical location and that God does not send people there. We send ourselves there by our own beliefs or non-beliefs and our own actions or inactions. God gives us His teachings and Laws through His Messengers, so we can gain heaven and avoid hell if we follow them.

“He who shall accept and believe, shall receive his reward; and he who shall turn away, shall receive none other than his own punishment.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 339
Jesus Christ, alive and seated at the right hand of God, Where is Baha'u'llah did he rise from the dead?
Baha’u’llah is with Jesus right now, at the right Hand of God in the spiritual world (heaven). Both are alive in a spiritual body. I do not believe that Jesus rose from the dead in a physical body, nor did Paul believe that. What happened to Jesus is what will happen to all of us when we die. Our physical bodies will be transformed into spiritual bodies that will never die.

1 Corinthians 15:40-54 New Living Translation

40 There are also bodies in the heavens and bodies on the earth. The glory of the heavenly bodies is different from the glory of the earthly bodies.

44 They are buried as natural human bodies, but they will be raised as spiritual bodies. For just as there are natural bodies, there are also spiritual bodies.

50 What I am saying, dear brothers and sisters, is that our physical bodies cannot inherit the Kingdom of God. These dying bodies cannot inherit what will last forever.

51 But let me reveal to you a wonderful secret. We will not all die, but we will all be transformed!

54 Then, when our dying bodies have been transformed into bodies that will never die,[c] this Scripture will be fulfilled: “Death is swallowed up in victory.[d]

I believe that the bodily resurrection was a story that was written about Jesus by men who wrote the gospels from what had been that was passed on by word of mouth over the decades after Jesus lived.
Joseph Smith received the Gold bars he translated from an angel. One thing which is constant through the OT and the NT is that God spoke to men through the Spirit, The religious beliefs of Baha'u'llah are his chosen beliefs.
You are wrong about that because God spoke to Baha’u’llah in the same way that God spoke to Jesus and Moses, through the Holy Spirit, so Baha’u’llah is not choose His beliefs, they were revealed to Him by God.

“O KING! I was but a man like others, asleep upon My couch, when lo, the breezes of the All-Glorious were wafted over Me, and taught Me the knowledge of all that hath been. This thing is not from Me, but from One Who is Almighty and All-Knowing. And He bade Me lift up My voice between earth and heaven, and for this there befell Me what hath caused the tears of every man of understanding to flow.” Proclamation of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 57

“And whenever I chose to hold my peace and be still, lo, the voice of the Holy Ghost, standing on my right hand, aroused me, and the Supreme Spirit appeared before my face, and Gabriel overshadowed me, and the Spirit of Glory stirred within my bosom, bidding me arise and break my silence.Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 103
Anything not built on Spirit and Truth in Abrahamic faith is not from God which they believe in. OT tells us that God has covenants with his chosen people in Spirit and Truth. The one last Covenant Christ fulfilled was foretold. Every Covenant has it's place in truth of God given to man so there is no excuse for belief in any other. The books have a great deal to do with the judgement according to the bible.
God spoke to Muhammad and of Baha’u’llah are just as God spoke to Moses and Jesus and thus the Qur’an and the Writings of Baha’u’llah are holy books just like the Bible. All these faiths are Abrahamic faiths and each had their own Covenants, all of which were under the everlasting Covenant made with the Jews, a Covenant which will last forever.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member

samtonga43

Sorry for the confusion.
Anthropopathism (from Greek ἄνθρωπος anthropos, "human" and πάθος pathos, "suffering") is the attribution of human emotions, or the ascription of human feelings or passions to a non-human being, generally to a deity.
Anthropopathism - Wikipedia
The Old Testament does anthropopathism and it also does anthropomorphism.

It makes God into a human which In consider absolutely absurd.

No. Attributing human qualities to God (by human authors does not make God human. You're being silly.