• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Only Christians Go To Heaven ?

bhakthi

Why do Christians say only they will be able to go to heaven?
What is the basis of this claim? Heaven is a place where people go and live eternally after their very short life on earth. The other place is hell, a place of eternal torment. God sent His Only Son into the world with a testimony from above. Christ came down from heaven, with a message from God. It is for all people everywhere who are His creation. Christ came as a teacher from God. To teach about heavenly things. The things pertaining to heaven and and eternal life.He taught how to become God’s children and get saved . . Jesus once said like this,“If I have told you earthly things and you do not believe, how will you believe if I tell you heavenly things? No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, that is, the Son of Man who is in heaven.” John;3:12,13 Heaven is a place Christ prepared for His people. Then, without this Christ how can anyone go to heaven? How can God accept a person who rejects his Son?,- The one whom He sent into the world to save the mankind ? Jesus said; ”I am The way , the truth and the life no one comes to the Father ,but by me” John;14:6 Those who receive him and believe on him were called Christians .God gave this opportunity to go to heaven to all who believe in His Son. The Christians who do not obey his teachings will not enter heaven. Heaven is not limited for any particular people or nation. Jesus Christ was sent for the whole mankind. ”For God so loved the world, that he gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” John; 3:16. Those who receive Him and obey His teachings and follow Him, will become His children and can go to heaven, no matter who they are. For More Please visit; http://www.gilead.ws

Bishka

Veteran Member
Funny enough, the LDS Church doesn't believe this. We are Christians, but we believe that there will be Buddhists, Muslims, Hindus, Christians, etc. There. I believe Squirt went over this in a different thread.

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
I believe God bases the next life you achieve on what is in your heart. Atheists as well as Christians, Muslims, etc, etc will make it to heaven, or what ever the next life is, on who and how you are. I don't believe God is a petty God, demanding if we don't believe in certain aspects, that we won't get to play in the next life. He's above all that, including the being jealous bit.

Bishka

Veteran Member
dawny0826 said:
According to the Bible, the only way to the Father is through the Son...Jesus Christ.

Yes, that's true isn't it, but Jesus Christ died for all of us, whether we are Buddhist, Muslim, Atheist or Christian.:D

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
beckysoup61 said:
Yes, that's true isn't it, but Jesus Christ died for all of us, whether we are Buddhist, Muslim, Atheist or Christian.:D

Yes, salvation is extended to us all...but we must EMBRACE it...by embracing Christ.

VEHIX

How childish your claims are like my 4 year old. She does better actually.

What is the point of such a selfish religion.

dawny0826 said:
Yes, salvation is extended to us all...but we must EMBRACE it...by embracing Christ.

Bishka

Veteran Member
VEHIX said:

Hey, hey, hey. There is no reason to be rude. How is Christianity a selfish religion? My particular sect of Christianity I believe is VERY unselfish because we believe EVERYBODY will go to heaven(well except if they committ the worst sins, and that's hardly anybody).

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
VEHIX said:

I don't think anyone is placing a gun to your head...forcing you to believe in God.

What are you searching for...a pat on the back for your disbelief and distaste?

Ody

jeffrey said:
I believe God bases the next life you achieve on what is in your heart. Atheists as well as Christians, Muslims, etc, etc will make it to heaven, or what ever the next life is, on who and how you are. I don't believe God is a petty God, demanding if we don't believe in certain aspects, that we won't get to play in the next life. He's above all that, including the being jealous bit.

Agreed same with my views on G-d as well!

Ezzedean

dawny0826 said:
According to the Bible, the only way to the Father is through the Son...Jesus Christ.

I could understand how Jesus would say something like that, because technically it is true. If you don't believe in Jesus, you don't believe in God, just like if you don't believe in the story of Moses, you don't believe in God. I don't think that its JUST Jesus whom you have to believe in, but it's all of Gods prophets. Mohammed himself told us that if you believe in him, but not in Moses, than you don't believe in his teachings (Mohammeds).

Now, in the end it is taught in Quran, that it is solely up to God who enters paradise and who does not, even a person who you would never think to be one to enter heaven, may quite possibly go to paradise, only God knows, and it's only God's will that will determine your place in the end. It is also taught that eventually, everyone will get a taste of paradise, once man or women pays for the sins which they committed (that were worthy of punishment) they are purified and will go to heaven. We are taught that there are seven levels of heaven, all beautiful and all worthy of working for, certain people will be on certain levels.

So in the end, I think the best route to take would be to follow the teachers of God. The ones who were examples to all of us. For every person who ever doubts that a man can live the way God wants us to live only has to read up on the lives of our prophets, whether it be Mohammed, Noah, Jesus, Moses, David or Abraham, they were all examples for you and me. Be a good person, be good to others, be humble, and constantly strive to make things better in the world, and you shouldn't have to worry about a thing.

Peace guys
Ezzedean Fadel

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
Ezzedean said:
I could understand how Jesus would say something like that, because technically it is true. If you don't believe in Jesus, you don't believe in God, just like if you don't believe in the story of Moses, you don't believe in God. I don't think that its JUST Jesus whom you have to believe in, but it's all of Gods prophets. Mohammed himself told us that if you believe in him, but not in Moses, than you don't believe in his teachings (Mohammeds).

Now, in the end it is taught in Quran, that it is solely up to God who enters paradise and who does not, even a person who you would never think to be one to enter heaven, may quite possibly go to paradise, only God knows, and it's only God's will that will determine your place in the end. It is also taught that eventually, everyone will get a taste of paradise, once man or women pays for the sins which they committed (that were worthy of punishment) they are purified and will go to heaven. We are taught that there are seven levels of heaven, all beautiful and all worthy of working for, certain people will be on certain levels.

So in the end, I think the best route to take would be to follow the teachers of God. The ones who were examples to all of us. For every person who ever doubts that a man can live the way God wants us to live only has to read up on the lives of our prophets, whether it be Mohammed, Noah, Jesus, Moses, David or Abraham, they were all examples for you and me. Be a good person, be good to others, be humble, and constantly strive to make things better in the world, and you shouldn't have to worry about a thing.

Peace guys
Ezzedean Fadel

With all due respect...only Christ died for the sins of the world. It's only through Christ that we are reconciled with God.

Not to discount possible validity in the teachings of other prophets...but Christ Jesus is much more than a mere prophet...

Ezzedean

dawny0826 said:
With all due respect...only Christ died for the sins of the world. It's only through Christ that we are reconciled with God.

Not to discount possible validity in the teachings of other prophets...but Christ Jesus is much more than a mere prophet...

With all due respect, how could you call Moses just a mere prophet? How can you call a man who had direct conversations with God just a mere prophet? Even better, how could you call a man who saved a whole nation and whom paved the way for your very own savior just a mere prophet? Would you say that to his face? A prophet or a messanger is the most important responsibility and duty that any man that sets foot on earth could ever carry. Calling Jesus a prophet of God is not in any way disrespectful, with me saying that Jesus was a prophet of God, I am confirming that he spoke the truth.

Matthew 24
But be not ye called Rabbi, for ONE is your master, even Christ, and all ye are brethren. And call NO MAN your father upon THE EARTH: for ONE is your Father, which is in heaven. Neither be ye called masters, for ONE is your Master, even Christ.
I think this verse is a good one for you to read, since Jesus warns people to not place anyone even near to the level of God, because there is only one God, and he says that even he (Jesus) follows these guidelines, because only God is master and only God is only in heaven and not on earth.

]Every man is accountable for their own sins, it is written in the Holy Bible aswell as in The Quran.

Peace be unto you
Ezzedean

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
Ezzedean said:
With all due respect, how could you call Moses just a mere prophet? How can you call a man who had direct conversations with God just a mere prophet? Even better, how could you call a man who saved a whole nation and whom paved the way for your very own savior just a mere prophet? Would you say that to his face? A prophet or a messanger is the most important responsibility and duty that any man that sets foot on earth could ever carry. Calling Jesus a prophet of God is not in any way disrespectful, with me saying that Jesus was a prophet of God, I am confirming that he spoke the truth.

Matthew 24
But be not ye called Rabbi, for ONE is your master, even Christ, and all ye are brethren. And call NO MAN your father upon THE EARTH: for ONE is your Father, which is in heaven. Neither be ye called masters, for ONE is your Master, even Christ.
I think this verse is a good one for you to read, since Jesus warns people to not place anyone even near to the level of God, because there is only one God, and he says that even he (Jesus) follows these guidelines, because only God is master and only God is only in heaven and not on earth.

]Every man is accountable for their own sins, it is written in the Holy Bible aswell as in The Quran.

Peace be unto you
Ezzedean

You misunderstood.

I'm telling you that my Christ is so much more than a prophet. Christ is Saviour.

I'm not discounting the works of prophets. I'm saying that no prophet holds a candle to what Christ has done for us and what we have in Christ.

And as a Christian...I think our views will clash, regardless of what we say to one another.

Warm wishes to you.

dorcas3000

Why would anyone who's NOT a christian want to go to Christian heaven? Heaven isn't somewhere where everyone wants to go. Heaven = with God. If you don't like God or Jesus, you won't like heaven. So why worry if you're getting in?

I think the main reason why non-christians won't 'go' to heaven is the same reason why they don't 'go' to church or 'believe' in Jesus - they don't want to.

I particularly enjoyed reading C.S. Lewis' "The Great Divorce."

Ezzedean

dawny0826 said:
And as a Christian...I think our views will clash, regardless of what we say to one another.

Warm wishes to you.

So is it not even worth discussing? If you would rather not, then that is fine, but I think it's a very important issue to discuss, especially considering many of people here do not believe that only through Christ can you enter paradise and that God did not allow his apostle, prophet, loved one, and teacher to be brutally beaten and killed because of how weak the human being is. I think it's very important for people here to know that they do have a chance for paradise, and also it's good for people in here to know that if they do a good deed that it's not gonna go un-rewarded, and for that to be, a bad deed can not go un-punished or atleast un-noticed by God. Although we may not get thrown into a pit of fire for our sins, maybe even learning the truth, and seeing the sin in what we have done in our lifetime is a form of punishment. I will stay strong with my beliefs, that God knew the plan of the Jews towards Jesus, and that he too planned and raised Jesus up before any harm was done to his soul and spirit, because God is the best of planners.

Peace and Blessings
Ezzedean

mormonman

Ammon is awesome
The LDS Church believes that everybody that hasn't had the opportunity to here the Gospel will have the opportunity to hear the Gospel, once they die, before the Final Judgement and the Resurrection. We believe that after people die, they go to either spirit paradise or spirit prison. The people in spirit paradise teach the people in spirit prison the Gospel. There they'll have an opportunity to accept or deny the Gospel. I don't get how some people, especially Christians, say believe or go to hell. The Bible says that God is all meciful and all just. How can God show mercy while tossing His children into hell for not having the opportunity to hear the Gospel during this life. The truth is, He doesn't. He gives them an opportunity to hear the Gospel.

In 1 Pet. 3:19 it says that Christ preached to the spirits in prison. What other interpretation could that scripture possibly have. http://scriptures.lds.org/1_pet/3/19#19

The next scripture isn't as cut and dry. It's Isaiah 61:1. In this chapter Isaiah is speaking Messianically. It says, in effect, that Christ will open the prison by which they are bound. This can have a duel meaning. That Christ will free us from sin, but also that He'll free the spirits from "the prison"(spirit prison). http://scriptures.lds.org/isa/61/1#1

For these scriptures I'm using the KJV.