• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Libertarians are Growing in Republican Party

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
There was already a growing trend of Libertarian base within the Republican base, but as an observer it seems to me that the influence and numbers of Libertarians as voices in the Republican Party is growing further still, and almost in a parliamentarian spirit a "coalition" is forming now - not fully but on some key issues - between the Nationalists and the Libertarians.

I believe this may be in part due to the clear and obvious monkey shine of the Democratic Party establishment that now sees the likes of FBI chiefs and unnamed underlings who are spies as heroes. What there is to like or heroic about Comey leaves much to be desired. To me, this guy is clearly a sociopath - he is neither a Republican or a Democrat or anything but a classic sociopath, who actually does not have any philosophy or moral compass but only acts a part in which all thought patterns are of "I am Comey, I use to pee in my pants but I am strong" sociopath and thinks others are thinking about him and he is in great need of attention that is a strange mix of lack of empathy otherwise. In the world of the FBI, CIA, NSA et all including the DOJ, the entire ambience of the "soft black shoe" world not only attracts such sociopaths as Comey but even turns "normal" people (actually, there are no normal people, just that some are more non-normal than others) into sociopaths overtime.

Not that I don't like sociopaths - some of them are my "friends" though I wouldn't EVER sit down and have a beer with them besides the fact I don't drink, but Obama did ask a freak like Comey to come over and share a beer or to join him to toss hoops. Man - even if Obama wanted to tell Comey to back off on the Hillary investigation, that's not a good idea to have a beer with a sociopath because they always write things down in diaries, like for example prtend your little daughter was playing with a Barbie doll and invited a sociopath like Comey to sit on the floor and dress Barbie and put her in the toy Corvette.

Well, Comey would write a memo on it. It would contain notes such as "she asked me if I love Barbie. This shocked me, and I later brought this up to my toy Ken doll later. I knew this was of earth shattering importance"...

So Trump should have just fired the freak instead of trying to be nice. That is always a mistake. Don't be "Christian" about these things, just fire the freak. Let him hang with the ilk like McCain who kept calling Comey "President Comey" today at the waste of time circus. McCain needs to go to the old folks home in a straightjacket, and Comey, well just hand that guy a 38 and leave him alone in a room with a hamster running around for three hours. One or the other isn't coming out of the door.

So it is really something how, because the Democrats cannot win elections anymore they have turned against representative government and now want a deep state spy regime instead where all policy is set by unnamed sources. You know, a Maduro regime. That's their dreamboat now.

They also want World War 3 with Russia because Trump is somehow a commie Russian agent. The Dems use the word agent, even though the same Dems now literally worship agents and the entire spy state as heroes.

Just a few months ago these very same Dems wanted Comey's head - not just fired, but arrested as a Russian agent himself and then executed - and now they worship him and have their tongue down his throat in not only a gesture of love but to control his message, to make sure he says what they want. But they don't get it. He isn't a demon one day and hero the next - he is a sociopath.

These Dems are messed up in their heads. For decades the USSR Russians were the allies of the Democrats, now suddenly Russia is the greatest threat and evil of the world. Not Islamic extremism or Iranian Mullah nutjobs or that fatso in North Korea - the Russians are.

So like most Americans - and as a Nationalists - I do not want to go to war with Russia nor do I see Russia as my great enemy. Nor do I believe Trump is a commie Russian agent and actually sometimes it makes sense to work with commies, and thinking like that doesn't make you a commie Russian agent nor is Trump.

So I noticed many Libertarians - and I have a like for Libertarians and am sort of a "Libertarian Lite" in many, many ways, nevermind I am authoritarian in other ways - I notice many Libertarians share this suspicion of the FBI, CIA, NSA as now 90% of Nationalists do.

I think both also in large part do not want WW3 with Russia, unlike the crazed Dems.

Also, there are Libertarians and Nationalists who both share the majority of Nationalists suspicions regarding mixing religion and politics. Sure Nationalists say "God bless America" but that is only like saying loyalty is a value. But Nationalists actually hate religion in politics. And so do many Libertarians.

Domestic issues like pot, or gay rights et all, frankly most Nationalists do not give a rat about. Take pot, I have my own opnions good and bad on that but frankly whatever folks decide, I don't care. Let it be. And the truth is, there are more homosexuals in percentages in relation to membership within the sect than, oh, many other political sects. There are a LOT of homos in the Nationalist ranks. In fact in the leadership.

So too, Libertarians say let the homosexuals do whatever they want, who cares. The only difference between the Nationalists and the Libertarians in that regard is, the Libertarians do not expect the homosexuals to pay "party dues". But the Nationalists do, that or work for the agenda as a volunteer or a "scout" be it private or leader.

There is one difference between Nationalists and Libertarians, however. Nationalists demand LOYALTY but Libertarians do not. That, and Nationalists like spanking nice uniforms and things like lapel pins yadda yadda, "parfume" and often carry pocket knives with white handles. Libertarians have a lot of guns.

So BOTH are becoming mainstream in the Republican base. Both are anti-establishment. Both are persecuted by the establishment, but both laugh in the face of the establishment and both are dead-enders. You could round them up and both will keep biting your ankles snarky to the death.

Both have a chance to take over the GOP. Next the entire world.

Last edited:

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
To get anywhere in American politics it seems you have to side with Democrats or Republicans unfortunately.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
One thing I like is that thanks to both parties, we somehow ended up with a President who will fight climate change and abortion. I don't give a rat's tail about stopping abortion, but I know it makes a lot of people happy and fighting climate change instead of being a mad man denying the science makes me very happy. All in all, I think there are a lot of happy people. We didn't get this way in a straightforward way so thank fate I guess.

As for libertarians, they scare me but hold some of my respect.

Just wanted to post this. What I am trying to say is that the US is getting more responsible in its governance from term to term and this pleases me. Mistakes are longer lasting these days; we need it!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
One thing I like is that thanks to both parties, we somehow ended up with a President who will fight climate change and abortion. I don't give a rat's tail about stopping abortion, but I know it makes a lot of people happy and fighting climate change instead of being a mad man denying the science makes me very happy. All in all, I think there are a lot of happy people. We didn't get this way in a straightforward way so thank fate I guess.

As for libertarians, they scare me but hold some of my respect.

Just wanted to post this. What I am trying to say is that the US is getting more responsible in its governance from term to term and this pleases me. Mistakes are longer lasting these days; we need it!
You scare yourself?
Weird.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
I will explain why am afraid of and respectful towards libertarians. With regard to social issues, they want to allow everything when we know that unbounded gun laws and drug addiction will lead to crime. With regard to economic issues, it's hard for me to trust that just corporations will give out the charity. If it were so, they would have done so already and we wouldn't need financial programs.

That being said, the successful rich as much as they are narcissistic still do employ a lot of people to keep their businesses going. It's just very hard for me to trust it completely because that is anarchy.

And furthermore, people should be able to do what they want with their bodies; it's just problematic when they choose wrong.