• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Jews did not accept Jesus (pbuh)!

First Baseman

Retired athlete
What I don't get is why people of other faiths care so much about why Jews reject Jesus.

We also reject eating pork, or lighting a cigarette on Saturdays.

FYI, we reject all these things for the same reason.

People of the Christian faith care because Jesus is the way, the truth and the life. And not all Jews reject Jesus, just most of them.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
People of the Christian faith care because Jesus is the way, the truth and the life. And not all Jews reject Jesus, just most of them.
That's iyo, of course. To me, the concept that one is supposedly "saved" simply by having some sort of p.c. about Jesus doesn't stand to reason.

InvestigateTruth

I am just curious. If i ask a Jew, did all the people who believed in God of Abraham, also believed in Moses, when He claimed to be a Prophet?
If not, in Jewish view, why some of those believers in God of Abraham, rejected Moses? My question is specifically regarding people who lived during the time of Jewish prophets and the reason for their disbelief according to jewish Traditions and holy Book.

dantech

Jesus =/= Judaism

Judaism teaches that it's between me and G-d. I don't need anyone to die for my sins. In fact, no one can die for my sins. No one can atone for my sins. Only I am responsible for my sins.

What Christianity teaches about Jesus is very unJewish. But rest assured, we won't all go to hell because we don't believe in him. If anything, we're more Christians claim he was than Christians are!

dantech

I am just curious. If i ask a Jew, did all the people who believed in God of Abraham, also believed in Moses, when He claimed to be a Prophet?
If not, in Jewish view, why some of those believers in God of Abraham, rejected Moses? My question is specifically regarding people who lived during the time of Jewish prophets and the reason for their disbelief according to jewish Traditions and holy Book.
Who rejected Moses? There was nothing to reject...

Moses was sent, by G-d to save the Hebrews from Egypt. Moses got them out, and brought them close to Israel. There was nothing to reject. It's not like they had a choice.

roger1440

I do stuff
I understand. I am asking about the practice of hanging up dead people. It is totally foreign to me.
Public display of a body of an executed criminal is widely used throughout the world. It sends a very loud and clear message. “DON’T SCREW UP OR YOU JUST MIGHT END UP LIKE YOUR BUDDY OVER HERE.” Bram Stoker's Dracula was inspired by a real life guy,

“"Vlad the Impaler" is said to have killed from 40,000 to 100,000 European civilians (political rivals, criminals, and anyone that he considered "useless to humanity"), mainly by impaling.” https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dracula#Historical_and_geographical_references

The English had a very effective means dealing with those convicted of High Treason, “hanged, drawn and quartered”. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanged,_drawn_and_quartered

Then there is the story of Benito Mussolini’s death. His body was hung upside down on a meat hook in the town square. People would walk by spit and urinate on it. Gee, they guy sure knew how to make friends, didn’t he. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Benito_Mussolini

InvestigateTruth

You, as a Baha'i, are free to believe whatever you believe. If your beliefs make you a better, more loving, more joyous, more socially concerned individual, that's great. If your beliefs make you a better spouse, friend, child, parent, relative, that's fantastic.

Yes, exactly. At the end of it, what matters is if a religion can make its folllower better human beings.

However, as Jew and as a rabbi, my personal response to the position set forth in your post can only be -
biglaugh.gif
biglaugh.gif

I am glad i made you laugh. :)

roger1440

I do stuff
What I don't get is why people of other faiths care so much about why Jews reject Jesus.

We also reject eating pork, or lighting a cigarette on Saturdays.

FYI, we reject all these things for the same reason.
So what does a chain smoking Jew do on Saturdays? Have a Gentile follow him around where ever he goes to light his cigarettes?

jaybird

i think the reason there is a separation of the 2 faiths has to do with the roman empire. before rome the followeres of Jesus were Nazarene Jews or Ebionite Jews and they saw themselves as Jewish or a sect of Judaism like the Essenes. Constantine is on the record as hating Jews and what better way to justify that hate by adding pagan beliefs to the teachings of Jesus, something he knew Jews would never accept.

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
i think the reason there is a separation of the 2 faiths has to do with the roman empire. before rome the followeres of Jesus were Nazarene Jews or Ebionite Jews and they saw themselves as Jewish or a sect of Judaism like the Essenes. Constantine is on the record as hating Jews and what better way to justify that hate by adding pagan beliefs to the teachings of Jesus, something he knew Jews would never accept.

WHAT????!!!!!!!!!!
Pagan beliefs mixed with the teachings of Jesus?
Yup. Sure was and IS to this day.
Wanna know what pagan traditions are mixed with Christianity and Christian holidays?
I ain't gonna tell ya.
Research it and be surprised.
If you are Catholic DO NOT research it.
I don't want anyone to be upset.

jaybird

WHAT????!!!!!!!!!!
Wanna know what pagan traditions are mixed with Christianity and Christian holidays?
I ain't gonna tell ya.

unfortunately i already know about much of the stuff mixed in. its a bit disturbing. very frustrating trying to sort it all out.

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה

No, the separation occurred long before Constantine.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
WHAT????!!!!!!!!!!
I ain't gonna tell ya.
This is actually largely a universal trait that affects almost all religions and denominations. Ideas are brought in, modified, assimilated, and then applied. To label them as "pagan" really is a s-t-r-e-t-c-h.

roger1440

I do stuff
Why did the Christians accept these "pagan beliefs"?

jaybird

This is actually largely a universal trait that affects almost all religions and denominations. Ideas are brought in, modified, assimilated, and then applied. To label them as "pagan" really is a s-t-r-e-t-c-h.

i agree, pagan is a generic term but to be more specific i would call them baal, nimrod, greek, canaanite. i think they are all serving the same gods and canaan is the source.