• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Jesus Will Never Return and How the Bible Refutes Itself

3rdAngel

A wall of textual gibberish doesn't hide your contradiction. How do you have time to write so much irrelevant drivel? There are some Christian's who actually make good arguments and know how to debate properly but I'm wasting my time here. Bye.
All I hear are your words denying God's Word. Your words are a fulfillment and example of the very scriptures you are quoting from. It is hard to see what you do not want to see. How can you find your way when your lamp has gone out and the road is dark and narrow? Nice talking to you.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Sorry to inform you that rotting corpses do not come back to life and float up into space. I'll take science, the laws of reality and simple logic over literalist nonsense any day.

I believe God can do anything and knows everything,which is more than I can say for you.

I believe science has limited capacities.

I don't believe you know what those are.

I believe logic is often flawed.

I believe there is nothing wrong in believing things are literal when they are literal and things that don't make sense to a person who is ignorant doesn't bother me a bit.

Diamond

In the sense of the literature, Jesus claims stand.

No one knows the day or the hour. 1000 years as a day, a day as a thousand years in God's sight. In the sense of the literature Jesus' claims stand. He will return. He already rules heaven and earth

Well Christians say that God rules heaven and Satan rules earth!!!
I don't think Jesus rules anything. But I don't believe in the bible, so I don't think he coming back, cause that's a scriptural thing, that is read from the Great Fiction Story Book , called the bible.

whirlingmerc

Well Christians say that God rules heaven and Satan rules earth!!!
I don't think Jesus rules anything. But I don't believe in the bible, so I don't think he coming back, cause that's a scriptural thing, that is read from the Great Fiction Story Book , called the bible.

I would say God rules heaven and earth.
In a lesser send Satan has some influence over the world
but its not as simple as you suggest.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I believe God can do anything and knows everything,which is more than I can say for you.

I believe science has limited capacities.

I don't believe you know what those are.

I believe logic is often flawed.

I believe there is nothing wrong in believing things are literal when they are literal and things that don't make sense to a person who is ignorant doesn't bother me a bit.
You don't believe in the laws of reality, you believe in childish magic tricks because you take pre-scientific ancient Jewish mythology as being literally true. Rotting corpses coming to life is on the same level as believing in a flat earth.

whirlingmerc

You don't believe in the laws of reality, you believe in childish magic tricks because you take pre-scientific ancient Jewish mythology as being literally true. Rotting corpses coming to life is on the same level as believing in a flat earth.

This is like the crisis in Psalms 10 11 12 13 where God is 'hiding from troubles' for a time and one reponse in Psalm 14 is that 'the fool says in his heart there is no God'

Who can sojourn with God or dwell on his holy hill in 15 and 24 (both make an inclusio bookend)
and the answer is within the bookends

In 17 18 19 20 21 there are references to the right hand of God in all at least once ecpte for 19 where the heavens are his handiwork

and the big reveal is in 22 23 24 with the good shepherd that lays down his life, the king

Of course it is possible to miss out

The Right Hand of God in the Psalms
Psalms book 1: David's first book of Psalms

Last edited: