• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Jesus is a God

syo

Jesus must be a God. Who else was going to complete the word of God, if not God Himself?

Also, Jesus was flawless. John the Baptist saw this. Is there in history a being more compassionate than Jesus?

Lastly, the message Jesus brought (Love) cannot be trumped by other theories.

My question is, is there a reason Jesus is NOT God?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Jesus must be a God. Who else was going to complete the word of God, if not God Himself?

Also, Jesus was flawless. John the Baptist saw this. Is there in history a being more compassionate than Jesus?

Because god appointed Jesus to be his intermediary. Nothing more complicated but him saying he does his father's will not his own.

I don't know why Christians want to call him god as if god can't make a person to speak on his behalf. Kind of limiting god.

It also seems like an insult to Christ and his father to say Christ is god.

Other than it being both blunt and contextual in scripture, a Christian would have to challenge his thinking to be open that god may make it clearer than what they see now.

I'm not sure why Jesus needs to be god in order to go through him as a savior. Was god wrong.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member

None that I can think of, except for about 33 years where it could be said that he was man and you concentrate just on those years with a determination to prove he wasn't God in the flesh.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Yes. It is beyond a doubt that Jesus is early ancient mythology. And even in that mythology Jesus was not elevated to the status of Thor , Zeus, Apollo, Hercules, among others in the vast Roman and Greek pantheon.

There are no ancient Jesus temples, yet there is a temple of Hercules, in Rome and a temple of Apollo in Greece for starters.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
But why limit god from making a human medium to do this?

Because the body of a human being was created from a cursed ground. (If we are talking about a medium other than God.)

Additionally, it would be like someone taking over a bankrupt business. Someone of equal size, taking on the other's bankruptcy, runs the danger of going bankrupt too. Taking on more than one of equal size would definitely bankrupt the business.

One man cannot take on the sins of the world and still remain solvent.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Because the body of a human being was created from a cursed ground. (If we are talking about a medium other than God.)

Additionally, it would be like someone taking over a bankrupt business. Someone of equal size, taking on the other's bankruptcy, runs the danger of going bankrupt too. Taking on more than one of equal size would definitely bankrupt the business.

One man cannot take on the sins of the world and still remain solvent.

If the creator created man to be an medium for god to come to god, then I wouldn't limit god what he can do despite ones feelings otherwise.

It makes sense to be human because as god one cannot relate. If Christ was god, it would be the same. But if god made Christ human without consequence of the flesh, he would still be a savior given his devotion to god.

His faith in God let him accept his father's plan. He "said yes" and did what his father said. People then look to him as Messiah because that was the only way they were told they can come to the father: through christ.

Making him god changes the who scenario where Christ as incarnation/medium means nothing.

It's like mistaking Christ for god because Christ used similar words of his father because of his faith in him.

It's an insult. I'm sure given Jesus day it would be as well.

syo

Yes. It is beyond a doubt that Jesus is early ancient mythology. And even in that mythology Jesus was not elevated to the status of Thor , Zeus, Apollo, Hercules, among others in the vast Roman and Greek pantheon.

There are no ancient Jesus temples, yet there is a temple of Hercules, in Rome and a temple of Apollo in Greece for starters.
There aren't temples dedicated to the Father as temple of the Father, or simply temple of the God. Or temple of Yhvh.

Iymus

Jesus must be a God.

1. ok. seems you prefer not to go into the mechanics of the old and new testament.

Who else was going to complete the word of God, if not God Himself?

2. Messengers and servants receiving authority of God and doing his will.

Deu 18:18 I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.
Deu 18:19 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him.

Joh 5:43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.
Joh 5:44 How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only?

Joh 7:17 If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.
Joh 7:18 He that speaketh of himself seeketh his own glory: but he that seeketh his glory that sent him, the same is true, and no unrighteousness is in him.

Joh 13:3 Jesus knowing that the Father had given all things into his hands, and that he was come from God, and went to God;

Jesus was flawless

3. whether flawless or imperfect; a man is not our God. Adam was flawless at one point.

Num 23:19 God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?

Mat 16:13 When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?

Mat 23:9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

4. Yet do we love him and are we his friends following his commands?

Joh 8:42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

Joh 15:14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.

Mat 23:9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

Joh 20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

Mat 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

5a. A lesser lord is not Lord God

Joh 14:28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

5b. neither is the Son Lord God himself.

Luk 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

Rom 1:3 Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;
Rom 1:4 And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:

5c.
Neither is our lord "a lesser lord" the only Lord God; but his God and Father is.

Jud 1:4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

2Co 11:31 The God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which is blessed for evermore, knoweth that I lie not.

5d.
Lord God is the God of the Old Testament and should be of the New Testament who his son declared.

Joh 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

5e.
Most Importantly, The Duty "Mission" of Men and The Will of God are not of The Son.

1Co 10:23 All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not.

Ecc 12:13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

Joh 7:17 If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.

Joh 5:44 How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only?

5f. Also all things are of God himself first and foremost ; and God himself is the Head or Lord of Christ therefore above all.

2Co 5:18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

1Co 11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

Eph 4:6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

Last edited:

leov

Because he was going on and out at will.

Iymus

He is not a human God, so he is not 50% man and 50% God. He is man and God, so he is 100% man and 100% God.

50% Terrestrial and 50 % Celestial?

1Co 15:40 There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another.

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
He is not a human God, so he is not 50% man and 50% God. He is man and God, so he is 100% man and 100% God.
The verse clearly says G-d is not a man. There's no way normative Christian theology can get past this when their god was clearly a man.

calm

The verse clearly says G-d is not a man. There's no way normative Christian theology can get past this when their god was clearly a man.
This verse clearly says that there is no human God.

I have a question, doesn't God have the power to take the body of a man?
Angels can do it, but God not?

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
This verse clearly says that there is no human God.

I have a question, doesn't God have the power to take the body of a man?
Angels can do it, but God not?

Interestingly enough, I had the power to take the body of a man.