• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Jay-Z's alignment with the NFL caused backlash

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
He was popular at the time and Nike saw an opportunity to take advantage of it and make a buck then made donations as a tax write off.

Most companies do that with popular athletes, your point?

Take a look at their board of directors, the vast majority are rich White people, do you think they really care other than the publicity?

Probably not, but it doesn't make Kap a sell out.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
Acting like you care about human rights but than partnering with a corporation that violates them sure fits the bill for me.

Perhaps Kaepernick may not know the intricacy of the Nike corporation maybe? I mean, people buy diamonds all the time, diamonds that are mined by exploited African workers in unfair conditions. So does that mean I'm a sell out and a hypocrite if I buy a diamond? I mean you most certainly can link almost all products that we purchase and support to people who have been exploited. I mean the very fruit you buy in the United States is picked by exploited immigrants. So by knowing this am I a hypocrite for buying apples and vegetables to feed my family?

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Perhaps Kaepernick may not know the intricacy of the Nike corporation maybe? I mean, people buy diamonds all the time, diamonds that are mined by exploited African workers in unfair conditions. So does that mean I'm a sell out and a hypocrite if I buy a diamond? I mean you most certainly can link almost all products that we purchase and support to people who have been exploited. I mean the very fruit you buy in the United States is picked by exploited immigrants. So by knowing this am I a hypocrite for buying apples and vegetables to feed my family?
There are apparel companies that don't use sweatshop labor and ethical diamond sources. I would've expected him to look into the issue beforehand.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
There are apparel companies that don't use sweatshop labor and ethical diamond sources. I would've expected him to look into the issue beforehand.

I'm not making excuses for him, but I'm sure you're right. He should've done the research. Best believe Kap has his share of critics himself.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
2011_12_15_Faberge.jpg

0bfb6fed0bdbfc56ea61764e95452766.jpg

5a096fe7112cc.jpg

upload_2019-8-27_13-31-22.jpeg

Blood-Diamonds-fingers-1.jpg

images