• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Islam is good for Latin America.

sovietchild

Most of forum users here are not familiar with this region. “You can’t shoot what you can’t see.” Some of you are from Europe, some are from corn production towns, some are from Israel and some are from Hong Kong. So, most of you probably don’t know how things are, or don’t know how people are around here. South America and Central America known to be the most violent regions of the world. I have spent most of my life In America going to school with Mexicans or working with Mexicans, so I got to know them pretty well. Don’t get me wrong deep inside they are good people and are known to help, but the place where they came from is known to be the most violent place on this earth. So, if the place is infected, the chances are they are infected also. I don’t believe it’s their fault the way they are, it’s just what kind of community they were raised in, and what kind of things are considered to be normal, like being dishonest for example or stealing. “People believe a liar, and disbelieve one who tells the truth” type community.

Islam could promote good in Latin America. Sharia Law has proven effective at imposing Order over Chaos, and it will suit its culture well. Islam will banish alcohol, because Mexicans are known for drinking. Islam will banish stealing, because some of them think that stealing is normal. Islam will promote honesty, because they are known for dishonesty. Islam will promote how to share. Instead of putting drug dealers to prison, Sharia Law will execute them.

Overall with Islam and Sharia Law, Latin America will progress. Don't you agree?

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Uhh...no... Do you think those drug dealers would go quietly into Sharia law?

Laika

Premium Member
Most of forum users here are not familiar with this region. “You can’t shoot what you can’t see.” Some of you are from Europe, some are from corn production towns, some are from Israel and some are from Hong Kong. So, most of you probably don’t know how things are, or don’t know how people are around here. South America and Central America known to be the most violent regions of the world. I have spent most of my life In America going to school with Mexicans or working with Mexicans, so I got to know them pretty well. Don’t get me wrong deep inside they are good people and are known to help, but the place where they came from is known to be the most violent place on this earth. So, if the place is infected, the chances are they are infected also. I don’t believe it’s their fault the way they are, it’s just what kind of community they were raised in, and what kind of things are considered to be normal, like being dishonest for example or stealing. “People believe a liar, and disbelieve one who tells the truth” type community.

Islam could promote good in Latin America. Sharia Law has proven effective at imposing Order over Chaos, and it will suit its culture well. Islam will banish alcohol, because Mexicans are known for drinking. Islam will banish stealing, because some of them think that stealing is normal. Islam will promote honesty, because they are known for dishonesty. Islam will promote how to share. Instead of putting drug dealers to prison, Sharia Law will execute them.

Overall with Islam and Sharia Law, Latin America will progress. Don't you agree?

Wouldn't basic social reforms be more useful? Social security, free healthcare or education? I'm totally ignorant on this one but at a guess much of these problems would be driven by poverty or economic distress. so even a mass conversion to Islam would only have an extremely limited effect other than making people feel better about themselves. Improving people's standard of living may be more useful perhaps?

Koldo

Outstanding Member

Progress towards what ?
Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan, Pakistan, and so on ?
No, thanks.

Kirran

Premium Member
I'm Latin American, by ancestry. I don't think Islam would solve anything. In fact, if you refer to orthodox forms of Islam it would actually set back some of the inspirational progress which Latin America has been making regarding LGBT+ rights, for example.

sovietchild

I'm Latin American, by ancestry. I don't think Islam would solve anything. In fact, if you refer to orthodox forms of Islam it would actually set back some of the inspirational progress which Latin America has been making regarding LGBT+ rights, for example.

Set back? How so? It will ban alcohol. Under sharia law it will progress.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I'm hard pressed to think of a dumber, less progressive idea, actually.

Plus, how do you propose to convert hundreds of millions of people away from Christianity? It's not Christianity's fault that Latin America is in such terrible shape. If there was some Muslim country you could point to that is a shining example of righteousness and purity, you might have a case, but I'm unaware of any Muslim majority country that can claim that and keep a straight face.

Last edited:

sovietchild

Wouldn't basic social reforms be more useful? Social security, free healthcare or education? I'm totally ignorant on this one but at a guess much of these problems would be driven by poverty or economic distress. so even a mass conversion to Islam would only have an extremely limited effect other than making people feel better about themselves. Improving people's standard of living may be more useful perhaps?

Improving their standards could take ages. I don't think those countries have that much money.

Kirran

Premium Member
Set back? How so? It will ban alcohol. Under sharia law it will progress.

LGBT+ rights will be set back significantly.

It won't stop alcohol being drunk, it'll just add a stigma so people can't get help with it.

And hey, some of the world's biggest drug kingpins are Afghanis - Islam didn't stop them, why would it stop Latin Americans?

Additionally, the strong undercurrents of Marxism persisting in parts of Latin America would lend themselves to the jihadist elements of Islam.

Also, in Latin America there are actually pretty good records on religious tolerance, secularism and equality of all people. While not incompatible with Islam, this is incompatible with sharia law.

Kirran

Premium Member
Improving their standards could take ages. I don't think those countries have that much money.

Which ones? What do you actually know about this area? Do you, for example, know that Brazil has a larger economy than any Muslim-majority country, at 7th in the world? Do you know that the GDP (PPP) per capita in many Latin American countries is at developed standards? Do you know that Costa Rica is one of the only countries in the world with no military? That Chile is the second-best country globally for intersex rights?

Brickjectivity

Turned to Stone. Now I stretch daily.
Staff member
Premium Member
Oh yeah, Iran. That changes everything.
You don't sound convinced. Are you being facetious? If you don't like Iran what about Somalia or Morocco? Libya? There's got to be at least one that's better than Mexico.