• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WHY ISLAM FORBIDS THE GOSPEL?

J

johnpeter1970

They don't allow Muslims to read the Bible. The forbid Christians to preach to Muslims.

WHY? WHY? WHY?

because they don't want Muslims to know the Truth, that the Bible is not corrupted as claimed by Quran.

For the Quran to be accepted, they must in control of Israel.

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
They don't allow Muslims to read the Bible. The forbid Christians to preach to Muslims.

WHY? WHY? WHY?

because they don't want Muslims to know the Truth, that the Bible is not corrupted as claimed by Quran.

Well for the same reason why many Catholic parishes discouraged parishioners from reading the bible, and why many Christian sects discourage parishioners from reading books they see as problematic.

Whether or not the Quran or Bible are true is not knowable anyway. Neither are without factual, historical or moral errors.

J

johnpeter1970

Well for the same reason why many Catholic parishes discouraged parishioners from reading the bible, and why many Christian sects discourage parishioners from reading books they see as problematic.

Whether or not the Quran or Bible are true is not knowable anyway. Neither are without factual, historical or moral errors.

IT IS BECAUSE THEY DON'T PREACH THE TRUTH!

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.

WHY? WHY? WHY?

At RF Muslims, Christians and ppl of all relgions and no religions are mutually talking, presenting and reading each others' books. Who are these 'they'? ....Maybe some retired fellows!

seeking4truth

This is not what the Quran teaches.
It says quite clearly that Muslims SHOULD read the books of earlier prophets because in them they will find evidence of the truth of the Quran.

Unfortunately, as we see every day on our TVs there are many Muslims who say they are practicing Islam but are clearly not; at least not the way the Holy Prophet practiced it. Also, unfortunately, these are the same people who do not want their followers to be well educated and stop women having any education that is not of their choice.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
At RF Muslims, Christians and ppl of all relgions and no religions are mutually talking, presenting and reading each others' books. Who are these 'they'? ....Maybe some retired fellows!

with all due respect. If some priest preached Christianity on the street in Saudi Arabia or in Egypt....well...I don't dare think what would happen to him.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss

WHY? WHY? WHY?

Interestingly enough, the example of Muslims right here on RF demonstrated you are flat out wrong.
I have even heard the Bible recited in the local Mosque...

So I have no idea where you have gotten the idea that Muslims are not allowed to read the Bible, but I can tell you for a fact that it is not universal amongst Muslims.

J

johnpeter1970

with all due respect. If some priest preached Christianity on the street in Saudi Arabia or in Egypt....well...I don't dare think what would happen to him.

Thanks! for a moment I thought I was the one who is crazy. Obviously these people are either deceiving or been deceived.

J

johnpeter1970

Interestingly enough, the example of Muslims right here on RF demonstrated you are flat out wrong.
I have even heard the Bible recited in the local Mosque...

So I have no idea where you have gotten the idea that Muslims are not allowed to read the Bible, but I can tell you for a fact that it is not universal amongst Muslims.

I am not going to say Afghanistan or Saudi Arabia Or Iran or Syria. They don't allow Muslims to read the Bible in Malaysia.

Sabour

WHY? WHY? WHY?

Actually Quraan tells us to have dialogues with the Christians.

Ultimatum

Classical Liberal

WHY? WHY? WHY?

It's actually the opposite. Muslims are allowed to talk to other Christians about the Bible and Quran.
The problem comes when the Quran is put under scrutiny and criticised. Under Sharia Law, one who commits blasphemy against the Quran is to be put to death. To preach the Bible or other religious ideologies is blasphemy and is punishable by death.
Sources: Quran 33:57-61; Bukhari 4:241

It
is basically saying that one who insults Mohammed is to be killed. One insults Mohammed by denying the Quran and upholding their religion.

Tarheeler

Argumentative Curmudgeon
Premium Member
Fun fact: The Catholic Church edited Jewish texts because they didn't like what was printed, forbid Jews from reading from the Torah, and often instituted the death penalty for converting people to religions other than Christianity.

Every religion has been extremist at some point in its history.

seeking4truth

If we look at European history we can find so many examples of 'so called Christian' doing the evils that are being done today in the name of Islam. It didn't make that Christianity, nor does the behaviour of some evil Muslims make it Islam.
What is done today in some so called Islamic countries today was done in the name of Christianity in Europe long ago; ie. intolerance/persecution of those with different views.
In UK it was illegal to be Catholic and Protestant at different times and both were persecuted and imprisoned.

When will we ever learn?