• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why is your Religion better than Shinto?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Shinto means "Way of the gods".

That is no more polytheistic than Christianity with the Trinity and Jesus saying , " you are gods"

It is the oldest religion in Japan. The faith has neither a founder or prophets and there is no major text which outlines its principal beliefs.

So, you get to decide the principal beliefs by following the convictions of your heart rather than an ancient text that contradicts itself.

Why is that good?

A) Nothing to argue and kill over related to Doctrinal or scriptural differences
B) no such thing as heresy
C)you can be more devoted to your god without Doctrine and Scripture frustrating you
D) no fire and brimstone sermons saying good compassionate people will burn in hell forever for not accepting Jesus
E) no founder means it could have been Yahweh or any God who founded it
F) no prophets means nobody speaks without error

The highest Shinto priest bears the title Emperor,
Hirohito_flag.jpg
the oldest surviving dynasty on earth making it patriotic and most cool IMHO

Shinto has spirit houses for Kami to rest
spirithousestemple.jpeg
spirit-houses_resize.jpg

Small homes for spirits to dwell , but be sure to leave your offerings of flowers, incense, and prayers to your Kami.

Shinto has Hondens, rooms or structures reserved entirely for enshrined Kami to dwell and be healed, consoled, and rest.
27063657378_0b3f523893_o.jpg

Highest most venerated Kami is not the creator of Heaven and earth but a female, Amaterasu.
tumblr_ppnlacunoY1wt7ek9o1_400.jpg

She isn't as narcissistic and bigoted as Yahweh, doesn't tell her people to make disciples of all nations like Jesus, doesn't demand you worship her or go to hell.

Every soldier who dies for the Emperor gets enshrined as a Kami. Before going on their suicide missions, all kamikaze pilots would write home and tell each other, "we shall see each other again at Yasukuni Shrine".

In homes there are Kamidanas "godshelves" "godcupboards" where dwell Kami , and you can leave offerings and burn incense.

When a family member dies they become "family Kami" and dwell in the home and can be invoked and should be prayed for.

The dead have free will to be good or bad Kami. A bad Kami can change and choose to be a good Kami.

Tell me why your Religion is better.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
honden-the-sacred-heart-of-a-shinto-shrine-and-chumon-middle-gate-G3D0AM.jpg
Honden (the sacred heart of a Shinto Shrine) and Chumon (Middle Gate), Kasuga-taisha (Kasuga Grand Shrine), Shinto Shrine of the Fujiwara family at Nara, Nara Prefecture, Japan.

Holden's are a lot more sacred than Churches because they are reserved entirely for enshrined Kami and closed to the public.
Ube_Shrine_honden.jpeg
IzumoTaisha_Honden_(detail).jpg
1200px-Izumo-shrine_Haiden01.jpg

The Ise Grand Shrine (伊勢神宮, Ise Jingū), located in Ise, Mie Prefecture of Japan, is a Shinto shrine dedicated to the sun goddess Amaterasu. Officially known simply as Jingū (神宮), Ise Jingū is a shrine complex composed of many Shinto shrines centered on two main shrines, Naikū (内宮) and Gekū (外宮).

The Inner Shrine, Naikū (also officially known as "Kōtai Jingū"), is located in the town of Uji-tachi, south of central Ise, and is dedicated to the worship of Amaterasu, where she is believed to dwell. The shrine buildings are made of solid cypress wood and use no nails but instead joined wood. The Outer Shrine, Gekū (also officially known as "Toyouke Daijingū"), is located about six kilometers from Naikū and dedicated to Toyouke-Ōmikami, the god of agriculture, rice harvest and industry.[1] Besides Naikū and Gekū, there are an additional 123 Shinto shrines in Ise City and the surrounding areas, 91 of them connected to Naikū and 32 to Gekū.[2]

Purportedly the home of the Sacred Mirror, the shrine is one of Shinto's holiest and most important sites.[3] Access to both sites is strictly limited, with the general public not allowed beyond sight of the thatched roofs of the central structures, hidden behind four tall wooden fences. However, tourists are free to roam the forest, including its ornamental walkways which date back to the Meiji period.Ise Grand Shrine - Wikipedia

Martin

Spam, wonderful spam (bloody vikings!)

That is no more polytheistic than Christianity with the Trinity and Jesus saying , " you are gods"

It is the oldest religion in Japan. The faith has neither a founder or prophets and there is no major text which outlines its principal beliefs.

So, you get to decide the principal beliefs by following the convictions of your heart rather than an ancient text that contradicts itself.

Why is that good?

A) Nothing to argue and kill over related to Doctrinal or scriptural differences
C)you can be more devoted to your god without Doctrine and Scripture frustrating you
D) no fire and brimstone sermons saying good compassionate people will burn in hell forever for not accepting Jesus

The highest Shinto priest bears the title Emperor, View attachment 45194 the oldest surviving dynasty on earth making it patriotic and most cool IMHO

View attachment 45192 View attachment 45193
Small homes for spirits to dwell , but be sure to leave your offerings of flowers, incense, and prayers to your Kami.

Shinto has Hondens, rooms or structures reserved entirely for enshrined Kami to dwell and be healed, consoled, and rest.
View attachment 45195

Highest most venerated Kami is not the creator of Heaven and earth but a female, Amaterasu.
View attachment 45196

She isn't as narcissistic and bigoted as Yahweh, doesn't tell her people to make disciples of all nations like Jesus, doesn't demand you worship her or go to hell.

Every soldier who dies for the Emperor gets enshrined as a Kami. Before going on their suicide missions, all kamikaze pilots would write home and tell each other, "we shall see each other again at Yasukuni Shrine".

In homes there are Kamidanas "godshelves" "godcupboards" where dwell Kami , and you can leave offerings and burn incense.

When a family member dies they become "family Kami" and dwell in the home and can be invoked and should be prayed for.

The dead have free will to be good or bad Kami. A bad Kami can change and choose to be a good Kami.

Kamikaze pilots dying for the emperor..
Hmm.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Yasukuni Shrine (靖国神社 or 靖國神社, Yasukuni Jinja) is a Shinto shrine located in Chiyoda, Tokyo. It was founded by Emperor Meiji in June 1869 and commemorates those who died in service of Japan from the Boshin War of 1868–1869 through the First Indochina War of 1946–1954.[1] The shrine's purpose has been expanded over the years to include those who died in the wars involving Japan spanning from the entire Meiji and Taishō periods, and the earlier part of the Shōwa period.[2]

Essentially every soldier since its founding.
The shrine lists the names, origins, birthdates, and places of death of 2,466,532 men, women and children, including various pet animals. Among those are 1,068 convicted war criminals, 14 of whom are A-Class (convicted of having been involved in the planning, preparation, initiation, or waging of the war). This has led to many controversies surrounding the shrine. Another memorial at the Honden building commemorates anyone who died on behalf of Japan, but includes Koreans and Taiwanese who served Japan at the time. In addition, the Chinreisha building is a shrine built to inter the souls of all the people who died during WWII, regardless of their nationality. It is located directly south of the Yasukuni Honden.

Various Shinto festivals are associated with the shrine, particularly in the spring and autumn seasons when portable Mikoshi shrines are rounded about honoring the ancestral gods of Japan. A notable image of the shrine is the Japanese Imperial Chrysanthemum featured on the gate curtains leading into the shrine.
Yasukuni Shrine - Wikipediaunnamed (1).png http___prod-upp-image-read.ft.jpeg

Last edited:

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Different religions for different people, no need to say yours is better or worse than other religious teachings. Each person can choose what is natural to them.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Kamikaze pilots dying for the emperor..
Hmm.
"Greater love hath no man than to lay down his life for his friends".
d17e6b5c034e5b320a82f103e65ad5bf.jpg
98d74e15a1cc0e909681a60621b4d6d2.jpg

Kaiten (回天, literal translation: "Turn the Heaven", commonly rendered as "turn of the Heaven's will", "the heaven shaker"[1]) were manned torpedoes and suicide craft, used by the Imperial Japanese Navy in the final stages of World War II640px-Kaiten_Type_1_on_display_at_the_Yūshūkan_in_October_2008.jpeg

That is just extremely brave sacrifice in time of war though. Shinto isn't just about war, but when they fight, they are most willing to die.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
It isn't. Shinto is beautiful, but I'm not Japanese and have no ties to that land so it's not for me.
Shinto teaches it isn't just Japanese people who become Kami. At Yasukuni Shrine they built a home for wardead who fought Japan. Same thing at Guam.

All dead become Kami. P

Mariana island archipelago are American islands that have Shinto shrines where American flags wave.

Shinto has been isolated because they don't have missionaries and don't proselytize, but anyone can take the good fruit from Shinto.

Many wounded restless spirits would be consoled if every nation was as kind to the dead as true Shinto adherents.

Sadly, Japan became Secular, and most aren't practicing their faith anymore.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Shinto teaches it isn't just Japanese people who become Kami. At Yasukuni Shrine they built a home for wardead who fought Japan. Same thing at Guam.

All dead become Kami. P

Mariana island archipelago are American islands that have Shinto shrines where American flags wave.

Shinto has been isolated because they don't have missionaries and don't proselytize, but anyone can take the good fruit from Shinto.

Many wounded restless spirits would be consoled if every nation was as kind to the dead as true Shinto adherents.

Sadly, Japan became Secular, and most aren't practicing their faith anymore.
I know. There's similar concepts in most of the indigenous religions I know of. I'm just saying that it's an ethnic religion tied to a certain culture and land, and I have no ties to it.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
1_7UJ0yw_4yPj8JvKIVT-dJA.png
image_6467.png
575dff79490a96d28db3667813b0f25e.jpg
image_6465.jpg

When Japanese soldiers ran out of ammunition, they did the famous banzai bayonet charges into machine gun fire rather than surrender, all the while praying for their Emperor and island archipelago of the gods.

IncredibleOffensiveAmericanbulldog-size_restricted.gif

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member

Why is that good?

The highest Shinto priest bears the title Emperor, View attachment 45194 the oldest surviving dynasty on earth making it patriotic and most cool IMHO

View attachment 45192 View attachment 45193

View attachment 45195

View attachment 45196

it is very simple, the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. the WAY is greater than it's kami, its gods

Martin

Spam, wonderful spam (bloody vikings!)

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I don't understand this glorification of Japanese soldiers.
https://www.hawaii.edu/powerkills/SOD.CHAP3.HTM
I admire courage and fearlessness and belief in losing this life for the next.

I admire how everyone was so disciplined and high threshold for pain and the best warriors.

I believe the soldiers of Yasukuni Shrine influence the world and are Spiritual giants but are evolving and becoming new nicer altruistic creations.

There were good soldiers too.

Americans had bad soldiers mutilating and decapitating the Japanese.

We also nuclear attacked two Japanese cities full of women and children. Those were the worst acts of terrorism in history.

Also, Matthew Perry was largely responsible for provoking Japanese expansion.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
The Japanese soldiers, many of them would have killed me, no doubt. But I consider myself a POW of Yasukuni Shrine, helping them rehabilitate and evolve with prayer because those hardest to love are those who need our love the most and who suffer the most.

The Bushido way of the warrior and Samurai contains a lot of wisdom including "pray for the grace to love suffering and sacrifice and austerity", and sacrifice this life for honor, reward, and glory in the next. Be fearless and spiritual.
f15e6c93ba440796dbcac57edcf24ba9.jpg
500_F_244929547_LfremnMw1tM0BBXUUSYSfJxnscLRaISm.jpg
dd382002537556b0675a04ea8cb46303.jpg
97406102-silhouette-samurai-on-rising-sun-japan-flag.jpg

Those are all noble qualities. If they only had charity, they would have possibly been Saints like Maximilian Kolbe, volunteering to take the place of another to die a martyrs death.

They had Kobe's willingness to suffer and die. They just didn't have charity.

I glorify Amaterasu and love her more than the Kamikaze or soldiers of Yasukuni. Amaterasu, is like the Virgin Mary Samurai August Queen of Heaven, when I read messages from her to someone she was speaking
0e5ac9af722d6e5f9e44382113df07c1 (1).jpg

Also, the rape of Nanking was bad , but what the Chinese did to their own people and others after the Japanese left was far worse.

Mao is still worshipped all over in China and he was worse than Hitler, Joseph Stalin, and anyone I can think of, killing over 60 million people in his great leap forward, so I don't trust everything China said because they worship a man who is pure evil and their media is controlled by pathological liars.

I know Mao wasn't in charge till after, but still, I just don't trust the secular Communist Chinese and never will.

They don't seem to have much of a moral code and are voted as being the most openly racist contemporary nation today where hotels and restaurants won't serve black people and the government promotes these businesses.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I'm sure some were, like there were good people in the German military and the Soviet military. But they still committed many, many atrocities. Let's not forget the Rape of Nanking and Unit 731.
See the above post what is written in bold. Japan was trying to stop and uproot the errors of a much greater evil spreading errors throughout Asia, Communism.

What communist China did after world war 2 was worse than world war 2 with a higher kill count that could equal world war 3!

Imperial Japan fought evil with evil, but was enemy of a far greater evil, militant secular communism.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
See the above post what is written in bold. Japan was trying to stop and uproot the errors of a much greater evil spreading errors throughout Asia, Communism.

What communist China did after world war 2 was worse than world war 2 with a higher kill count that could equal world war 3!

Imperial Japan fought evil with evil, but was enemy of a far greater evil, militant secular communism.
What does torturing and raping to death old women and gutting pregnant women have to do with that?! This is one of the worst things I've read in recent memory and it's just a Wikipedia article! Nanjing Massacre - Wikipedia

You really should reconsider posting about this stuff until you're more stable. It's not helping you.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
What does torturing and raping to death old women and gutting pregnant women have to do with that?! This is one of the worst things I've read in recent memory and it's just a Wikipedia article! Nanjing Massacre - Wikipedia

You really should reconsider posting about this stuff until you're more stable. It's not helping you.
I trust to a certain extent what some Chinese say, but they have the worse regime I ever heard of.

Mao committed genocide against birds and sparrows and had a higher suicide rate in his POW camps than the Japanese did.

Mao was responsible for something worse than the Holocaust with a death toll of roughly 60 million Chinese.

The 60 million doesn't count those killed by the one child policy where babies were born and thrown in the trash or after birth abortion because most people were too poor or had no access to safe abortion.

Mao had people put on house arrest and repeatedly beaten and tortured until they were confined to wheelchairs for life.

Chinese enslave, brain wash, and rob their people of basic liberties and make fake food out of toxic chemicals and sink fishing boats illegally, but they are improving.

They still worship Mao everywhere and have him on their money.

But you're right. Today isn't one of my stable days. Lol!