• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why is the theory of evolution...still considered a theory?

psychoslice

Veteran Member
the story came first...a long time ago
science came much later

I find the story remarkable because it has science in it
long before anyone could understand it

so maybe the story is factual
and the event really happened
and now we have the science that allows the belief to take hold

no more excuses
No more excuses, Ha.

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
Noah & his family built a big floating boat, loaded it up with 2 of every critter on Earth.
It rained so much the entire planet was covered with water covering even mountains.
Noah floated around knee deep in critter crap for 40 days and nights.
Yeah, I totally believe that.:rolleyes:
Why does about every picture or painting of that ark show it as being a boat with a prow
and stern?
X cubits by X cubits by X cubits is a rectangle.
Artists envision it as a boat.
It wasn't a boat.
It was supposed to float. That's all, just float.

Is Noah's story a true story or a pretty fable? A bit of fine prose written for the people of the day
that thought the earth was flat!

A fable to explain where the rainbow came from.
I Christian I am. I Bible reader also.
Stupid I ain't.
I've read accounts that the flood could have happened because back in the day the earth was surrounded
by water vapor muck like Venus.
God caused that layer of water to fall as rain causing a global flood.
Could be maybe. I dunno?

Size of Noah's big box: 450 feet long 75 feet wide 45 feet tall.

Pretty big floating box what?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Noah & his family built a big floating boat, loaded it up with 2 of every critter on Earth.
It rained so much the entire planet was covered with water covering even mountains.
Noah floated around knee deep in critter crap for 40 days and nights.
Yeah, I totally believe that.:rolleyes:
Why does about every picture or painting of that ark show it as being a boat with a prow
and stern?
X cubits by X cubits by X cubits is a rectangle.
Artists envision it as a boat.
It wasn't a boat.
It was supposed to float. That's all, just float.

Is Noah's story a true story or a pretty fable? A bit of fine prose written for the people of the day
that thought the earth was flat!

A fable to explain where the rainbow came from.
I Christian I am. I Bible reader also.
Stupid I ain't.
I've read accounts that the flood could have happened because back in the day the earth was surrounded
by water vapor muck like Venus.
God caused that layer of water to fall as rain causing a global flood.
Could be maybe. I dunno?

Size of Noah's big box: 450 feet long 75 feet wide 45 feet tall.

Pretty big floating box what?
and insufficient to carry two of all species
not to mention provision for all

yeah I know.....some of the old books ARE too hard to confess as truth

but I do believe in evolution
and I do believe 'something happened' to suddenly change the nature and attitude of Man
and Chapter Two of Genesis reads like a science experiment
intended to alter the nature of Man

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
The Story of Adam and Even we Baha'is don't believe is literal. I

It has many beautiful meanings one of which I'd like to share. We were born as spiritual, godly and virtuous beings. The Garden of Eden represents life around us while living a spiritual life and obeying God's laws and Teachings such as love one another.

The snake represents our ego or insistent lower base self. If we listen to the promptings of our lower base instincts and choose to disobey God's laws and commit evil then we shall 'fall' from once spiritual beings to 'materialistic' beings. From the paradise of the Garden of Happiness to the misery of a world of hell.

Only interested in the materials things of life and through greed and selfishness the world eventually became the hell it is now. We always have a choice of choosing good or evil from the tree of life. One leads to heaven on earth, the other hell.

We can have our Garden of Eden again if we make the right choices.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
The Story of Adam and Even we Baha'is don't believe is literal. I

It has many beautiful meanings one of which I'd like to share. We were born as spiritual, godly and virtuous beings. The Garden of Eden represents life around us while living a spiritual life and obeying God's laws and Teachings such as love one another.

The snake represents our ego or insistent lower base self. If we listen to the promptings of our lower base instincts and choose to disobey God's laws and commit evil then we shall 'fall' from once spiritual beings to 'materialistic' beings. From the paradise of the Garden of Happiness to the misery of a world of hell.

Only interested in the materials things of life and through greed and selfishness the world eventually became the hell it is now. We always have a choice of choosing good or evil from the tree of life. One leads to heaven on earth, the other hell.

We can have our Garden of Eden again if we make the right choices.
nay....
the garden was a petri dish and the need of it is gone

we are heaven bound ...if heaven allows it

rusra02

Premium Member
You will find some scientists among the millions who reject any position whatsoever. Your contention that

"evidence has mounted against the theory, and some scientists are openly rejecting the theory outright, based on that evidence." - Is completely false.

When 98% of all scientists and 99% of all scientists with PhDs say evolution happened (91% say by natural selection, 8% also add divine guidance in evolution) and when this position show no uptick or down-tick over time, I call it a consensus. In fact it is the largest consensus in the entire poll (more than vaccination!) .
http://www.pewinternet.org/files/2015/07/AAAS-Members-Elaboration-7-16-15-FINAL-Appendix-A.pdf
Anyone interested in fact-checking your position and mine can do so, courtesy of the Internet and search engines.