• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why is the “Christian” day of rest, on the 8th day?

Phantasman

Actually, He did. He just didn't get all OCD about it. He IS the One Who said that the sabbath was made for man, and that man was not made for the Sabbath.
Correct. Man is more important than the (perceived) day.
Mark:
26 How he went into the house of God in the days of Abiathar the high priest, and did eat the shewbread, which is not lawful to eat but for the priests, and gave also to them which were with him?

27 And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:

28 Therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath.

Jesus broke the law of what Sabbath was, to feed common man. Just once instance of many to dismount priests from their perceived celestial authority.

Phantasman

Just claiming to be Christian does Not make one a Christian.
I find Jesus informs us at Matthew 7:21-23 that MANY would come ' in his name ' but prove false.
Correct.

If one goes down into the water and comes up without having received anything, and says "I am a Christian," he has borrowed the name at interest. But if he receives the Holy Spirit, he has the name as a gift. He who has received a gift does not have to give it back, but of him who has borrowed it at interest, payment is demanded. This is the way it happens to one when he experiences a mystery.- Gospel of Philip

The Kilted Heathen

Crow FreyjasmaðR
The Spring festival, Easter/Astarte/Ishtar,
And so it begins again... Easter is not derived from Ishtar, nor does it have anything to do with that goddess. If anything, it's connected to the Germanic Spring Equinox festival of Ostara (Ēostre), but even that's iffy.

Just claiming to be Christian does Not make one a Christian.
You're right. Their actions do; that they worshiped Jesus as the Messiah and followed his teachings. No better or worse than Christians today, at that. They were Christians, ravi.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
And so it begins again... Easter is not derived from Ishtar, nor does it have anything to do with that goddess. If anything, it's connected to the Germanic Spring Equinox festival of Ostara (Ēostre), but even that's iffy.
You're right. Their actions do; that they worshiped Jesus as the Messiah and followed his teachings. No better or worse than Christians today, at that. They were Christians, ravi.

Jesus, I find never taught worship of the Messiah please see John 4:23-24.
So, Christians do Not worship Jesus, but worship the one Jesus' worshipped ' our Father in Heaven ' .

I find Easter has more to do with 'Resurrection of Spring' and nothing to do with Jesus.
Just as a wedding anniversary does Not always fall on a Sunday, the anniversary of the day Jesus was resurrected does Not always fall on a Sunday. Besides, Jesus said to set up the 'anniversary day of his death' as the day to remember him by as per Luke 22:19.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Jesus broke the law of what Sabbath was, ........................

I find there was the ' letter of the law ' and there was the ' spirit of the law '.
The corrupted religious leaders were following their' letter of the law ' which was their traditions - Matthew 15:9
Jesus knew better and followed the ' spirit of the law ' as was intended. That was Not breaking the law.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
It is bad enough you are associated with Glenn Beck & Mitt Romney. Talk about the deep state, under cover of being angels of light. It is a wonder Beck hasn’t gone bankrupt after his tom folleries. I suggest that you look closer to the “Word”, and less to the “tare seed” which is planted in the same field as the “good seed” (Matthew 13:25).
Yeah, @columbus. Stop idolizing Glenn Beck and Mitt Romney, you lousy Conservative! :D

The Kilted Heathen

Crow FreyjasmaðR
If John 4:23-24 is Not religion (worship) then I don't know what one would call those words.
I'm not looking up a dozen bible quotes for a discussion that doesn't concern them, ravi. I would have hoped you would have remembered that from ReligionForums.org. The fact of the matter is that if you're putting qualifiers on Christian being in regards to "what Jesus wanted," then he never wanted to be worshiped at all, or start a religion. So thus every single Christian and Christian sect on Earth is "not Christian" by those standards.

74x12

You have nailed the "truth", the Law and the prophets, to a cross (Colossians 2:14). As for "strangers", they can avail themselves as servants to Jacob (Isaiah 14:1-2). You either enter the kingdom of heaven at hand, now, and worship God in Spirit and Truth, or it will be too late, sooner rather than later.(John 4:23

John 4:23
But a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth, for the Father is seeking such as these to worship Him.
  • Jesus is the truth and we have all nailed Him to the cross with our sins. If we say we have no sin then we're still in sin.
  • The kingdom of heaven is no longer "at hand" It's here now for those who have Christ enthroned in their hearts. If the King has come to His throne then the regent has finished his work. The perfect Law of liberty flows from the throne just as the river of Life in Revelation. Christ is the Light the source of the Torah and the perfect Torah of liberty flows from His throne.
  • Many who are first will be last and the last will be first.

2ndpillar

• Jesus is the truth and we have all nailed Him to the cross with our sins. If we say we have no sin then we're still in sin.
  • The kingdom of heaven is no longer "at hand" It's here now for those who have Christ enthroned in their hearts. If the King has come to His throne then the regent has finished his work. The perfect Law of liberty flows from the throne just as the river of Life in Revelation. Christ is the Light the source of the Torah and the perfect Torah of liberty flows from His throne.
  • Many who are first will be last and the last will be first.

That may make nice copy, but it has nothing to do with truth. As far as remaining in your sins, that would be obvious in the diseases you carry with you. Yeshua healed the man, and then told him to “sin no more” less something worse happens to you (John 5:14). Your sins and diseases are an ever going project, for you have apparently not turned from your sins. Yeshua is the “light” to give understanding with respect to the Law and the prophets, not to nail them to the cross. The “new covenant” will be when “My Law” is written on the hearts of the house of Judah and the house of Israel, and when no would have to tell his neighbor to know the LORD for they would all know Me (Jeremiah 31:34). As for the first will be last and the last will be first, that has multiple meanings, but the answer in one instance was given to Peter when he asked Yeshua, what is in it for me. In that case, Peter who was chosen first, would be last, and Matthew, who was chosen last, would be first. In another case it refers to the Jews and the Gentiles. The Jews were chosen first, and the Gentiles chosen last, and now we are in the time when the spirit flowed out to the Gentiles first, and the Jews will be last. Israel will be the tabernacle of God, and “the nations will know that I am the LORD who sanctifies Israel, when My sanctuary is in their midst. (Ezekiel 37:28).

New American Standard Bible John 5:14
Afterward Jesus found him in the temple and said to him, "Behold, you have become well; do not sin anymore, so that nothing worse happens to you."

2ndpillar

I find there was the ' letter of the law ' and there was the ' spirit of the law '.
The corrupted religious leaders were following their' letter of the law ' which was their traditions - Matthew 15:9
Jesus knew better and followed the ' spirit of the law ' as was intended. That was Not breaking the law.

I think you are missing the spirit of what Yeshua was teaching with regard to Matthew 15:1-9. The Pharisees would invalidate the Word of God, which was to take care of their parents, to keep their traditions. Their traditions were tied up in the Talmid of the scribes and the Pharisees, and they would forget the Commandments of God.. A teaching that should remind the “Christians” that they invalidate the Commandments of God, to follow the ways of the Pharisees Paul, and nail the Commandments to the cross. The followers of Paul simply forget the Commandments, and bite the apple, and determine what is good versus evil from their own evil hearts.(Jeremiah 11:8)

New American Standard Bible Jeremiah 11:8
Yet they did not obey or incline their ear, but walked, each one, in the stubbornness of his evil heart; therefore I brought on them all the words of this covenant, which I commanded them to do, but they did not.'"

The Kilted Heathen

Crow FreyjasmaðR
Jesus is the truth and we have all nailed Him to the cross with our sins. If we say we have no sin then we're still in sin.
I agree that "for the sins of man, Jesus was crucified" means that the "sins of man" was the cause of his crucifixion; namely the actions of the priests and leaders who opposed him. But all of mankind is not accomplice to his crucifixion, and the notion of "sin" is one that differs from culture to culture. One might be "in sin" according to people who think thinking is sinning, but not in another culture who views it as social transgressions and assaults.

Phantasman

My view became that the Law of Moses was of flesh and Jesus taught of spirit.

John 1:
12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.
18 No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

The law didn't come from heaven.

John 6:32
Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the true bread from heaven.

Jesus two commandments of love allows us to fulfill more than the OT commandments of Moses.

The Jews didn't have the Spirit and they died. Only through Christ does man attain life (eternal).

Phantasman

Jesus never taught to make a religion either. Pack it all up, then; I guess every Christian on Earth isn't a real Christian.
True. The Jews were a religion. Christianity is a path (way) to spiritual understanding. Absent of priests/leaders.

The Gospel (word of God) is a seed. It is through the Spirit (capital S) that we are "guided" on the path.

Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. -John 16:13

Don't let "he" confuse through mens translation. The Holy Spirit of Truth is the mother.

Matthew 12:
47 Then one said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with thee.
48 But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren?
49 And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren!
50 For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

I found my truth by seeking beyond the orthodox canon, and it's mentioned in canon but people refuse to see it. But Jesus said they wouldn't, unless the Spirit revealed it.

The Kilted Heathen

Crow FreyjasmaðR
True. The Jews were a religion. Christianity is a path (way) to spiritual understanding. Absent of priests/leaders.
No, Christianity is definitely a religion, chock full of priests and leaders. Right from the beginning, after Jesus' death, with the Apostles. All religions are paths to spiritual understanding, so it's quite redundant to act like it's some special function of Christianity.

Phantasman

No, Christianity is definitely a religion, chock full of priests and leaders. Right from the beginning, after Jesus' death, with the Apostles. All religions are paths to spiritual understanding, so it's quite redundant to act like it's some special function of Christianity.

The concept and system of Christianity by todays standards relies heavily on the catholic orthodox ideology. Religion is a crude term used only 5 times in the Bible, and usually described the Jews and their priesthood. The Gospels nor Paul give any credit to priests or their office. It was done away with the rending of the veil. But, through orthodoxy, it was repaired and Christianity reformed.

I have found it in many places, historic and scriptural.

Becoming a Christ (Christian) is becoming aware of your true mother and father, making you a son/daughter of God. The word Christ comes from chrism, meaning anointed (by Spirit, capital S).

I see no religion, though I see doctrines of men conforming to a religion.

The Kilted Heathen

Crow FreyjasmaðR
"Christ" means "THE anointed one". It is analogous to the Hebrew mashiah, and refers to Jesus. Not anyone anointed. Religion is the conforming of doctrine and worship, so you do actually see religion, though you may refuse to acknowledge it as such. It remains a very accurate term - even for Christianity - and it's use in the bible means absolutely nothing. "Gravity" probably isn't used in the bible, but you wouldn't argue that it exists, would you?

2ndpillar

"Christ" means "THE anointed one". It is analogous to the Hebrew mashiah, and refers to Jesus. Not anyone anointed. Religion is the conforming of doctrine and worship, so you do actually see religion, though you may refuse to acknowledge it as such. It remains a very accurate term - even for Christianity - and it's use in the bible means absolutely nothing. "Gravity" probably isn't used in the bible, but you wouldn't argue that it exists, would you?

Gravity does exist in the bible. One case in point is with regards to the “vicar of Christ”, the pope, who according to Isaiah 22:15-25, as heir of Peter, will “fall”, which is a word with respect to the affects of gravity.

The term "Christ" is Greek. Yeshau and the Jewish community around him spoke Aramaic. The term "mashiah"/messiah, would have been the word in use. All the kings, judges, and prophets were considered "anointed" by God. Yeshua would have been the prophet, spoken of by Moses. (DT 18:15)

New American Standard Bible Dt 18:15
"The LORD your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among you, from your countrymen, you shall listen to him.

2ndpillar

The concept and system of Christianity by todays standards relies heavily on the catholic orthodox ideology. Religion is a crude term used only 5 times in the Bible, and usually described the Jews and their priesthood. The Gospels nor Paul give any credit to priests or their office. It was done away with the rending of the veil. But, through orthodoxy, it was repaired and Christianity reformed.

I have found it in many places, historic and scriptural.

Becoming a Christ (Christian) is becoming aware of your true mother and father, making you a son/daughter of God. The word Christ comes from chrism, meaning anointed (by Spirit, capital S).

I see no religion, though I see doctrines of men conforming to a religion.

I have found the term “religion” in the bible around 15 times, and the most pertinent would be the following. None of them mentioned the “priesthood” of the Jews, but most of them were from Paul. As for the priesthood itself, it will be brought back (Malachi 3:1-3).

Malachi 3: 1“Behold, I am going to send My messenger, and he will clear the way before Me. And the Lord, whom you seek, will suddenly come to His temple; and the messenger of the covenant, in whom you delight, behold, He is coming,” says the LORD of hosts. 2“But who can endure the day of His coming? And who can stand when He appears? For He is like a refiner’s fire and like fullers’ soap. 3“He will sit as a smelter and purifier of silver, and He will purify the sons of Levi and refine them like gold and silver, so that they may present to the LORD offerings in righteousness. 4“Then the offering of Judah and Jerusalem will be pleasing to the LORD as in the days of old and as in former years.

James 1:26 Those who consider themselves religious and yet do not ...

Those who consider themselves religious and yet do not keep a tight rein on their
tongues deceive themselves, and their religion is worthless. ...
//biblehub.com/james/1-26.htm - 19k

James 1:27 Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and ...

Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after
orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted ...

Galatians 1:13 For you have heard of my previous way of life in ...

... You know what I was like when I followed the Jewish religion--how I violently
persecuted God's church. I did my best to destroy it. ...
//biblehub.com/galatians/1-13.htm - 18k

Galatians 1:14 I was advancing in Judaism beyond many of my own ...

... You also heard how I was far ahead of other Jews in my age group in following
the Jewish religion. I had become that fanatical for ...