• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why is Revelation about "our" immediate future?

kaoticprofit

Here's another problem for Hank, and his Preterist followers...

Preterist had to change the dates Revelation was written, otherwise Preterism is debunked from the get go.

This is the translation the illustrious KJV 'theologians'' came up with in 1 John 2:18...

1 John 2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

1st John debunks Preterisn, AND NERO, as the beholder of 666, OR the biblical anti-Christ....

Some people say that nowhere is the man of sin called "the anti-Christ" in the bible. Wrong! 1st John is the only place in the bible where the man of sin IS CALLED THE ANTI-CHRIST! The KJV does no justice to the verse whatsoever. Most other translations have it correct, but for some reason some translators like the KJV left out the word THE. Here are a few other versions...

New International Version
Dear children, this is the last hour; and as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come. This is how we know it is the last hour.

New Living Translation
Dear children, the last hour is here. You have heard that the Antichrist is coming, and already many such antichrists have appeared. From this we know that the last hour has come.

Berean Study Bible
Children, it is the last hour; and just as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, so now many antichrists have appeared. This is how we know it is the last hour.

Little children, it is the last hour. Just as you heard that an antichrist is coming, so now many antichrists have appeared. This is how we know it is the last hour.

NET Bible
Children, it is the last hour, and just as you heard that the antichrist is coming, so now many antichrists have appeared. We know from this that it is the last hour.

New Heart English Bible
Little children, these are the end times, and as you heard that the antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have arisen. By this we know that it is the final hour.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
My children, it is an end time, and according to what you have heard that The False Messiah comes, already there have been many false messiahs, and by this we know that it is an end time.

This is how it's written in the Greek Interlinear...and it doesn't matter if John wrote it or not....

Little-boys-and-girls LAST HOUR it-IS AND according-AS YE-HEAR that THE INSTEAD-ANOINTED IS COMING
AND NOW INSTEAD-ANOINTEDS MANY HAVE-BECOME WHICH PLACE WE-ARE-KNOWING that LAST HOUR it-IS.

http://www.scripture4all.org/OnlineInterlinear/NTpdf/1jo2.pdf

You might think that this means nothing. Problem is for Preterist, they forgot to change the date 1st John was written! It was written in the later part of the first century between 85 and 95 AD, WELL after NERO, the Preterist anti-Christ, DIED! Nero only lived to be 30 1/2 years old and died in June of 68 AD. That too poses several contradictions for Preterism since the temple was destroyed in 70 AD! So, since 1st John says, "THE ANTI-CHRIST" is COMING, that alone debunks Nero AND PRETERISM since it was written some 20-25 years AFTER NERO DIED!

That's why in the short page I posted about a hermeneutic, looking at DATES is crucial. It's such a simple thing to do, yet even our illustrious 'theologians' make these critical blunders, some of which are so serious, they actually debunk the prophets and the bible.

Last edited:

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
This is from the RSV, which is heavily used in theological studies since it relies more on a direct translation from the oldest documents, which is also why it tends to read less smoothly: "[18]Children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that antichrist is coming, so now many antichrists have come; therefore we know that it is the last hour."

kaoticprofit

This is from the RSV, which is heavily used in theological studies since it relies more on a direct translation from the oldest documents, which is also why it tends to read less smoothly: "[18]Children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that antichrist is coming, so now many antichrists have come; therefore we know that it is the last hour."
I suppose you didn't even bother to look at the interlinear. And here you go with this 'theological studies' stuff.

Bottom line is that people who DON'T CARE about TRUTH, can make Hitler look like a saint by NOT utilizing a hermeneutic. Look at them all if you like in the parallel bible. But what do you care, you're more into adhering to what you already believe than look at this objectively. And of course THE DATE of 1st John means nothing to you. Maybe NOW you can see why I have such a derogatory opinion of most Christians. Maybe now you can see why I refuse to call myself a CHRISTIAN. It associates me with people like YOU, who can't admit mistakes.

Let me remind you....
The word inspired means "God breathed or God spoke." God SPOKE to his Prophets and Apostles in the SAME language they also spoke, wrote, read, and understood.
This is the closest I can get to that INSPIRED WORD...and YOU deny it!

Little-boys-and-girls LAST HOUR it-IS AND according-AS YE-HEAR that THE INSTEAD-ANOINTED IS COMING AND NOW INSTEAD-ANOINTEDS MANY HAVE-BECOME WHICH PLACE WE-ARE-KNOWING that LAST HOUR it-IS.

http://www.scripture4all.org/OnlineInterlinear/NTpdf/1jo2.pdf

My BIG problem with Christians is that they adhere to whatever it is they already believe and completely DISREGARD any, if not all, credible evidence. Neither have you confronted the other Preterist contradictions about the Preterist anti-Christ NERO!

metis said,
This is from the RSV, which is heavily used in theological studies since it relies more on a direct translation from the oldest documents, which is also why it tends to read less smoothly

Wrong again...pretty much everything you said about the RSV is incorrect!

The Revised Standard Version (RSV) is an English language translation of the Bible published in several parts during the mid-20th century. The RSV is a revision of the American Standard Version (ASV) authorized by the copyright holder, the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of Churches.

The RSV posed the first serious challenge to the popularity of the King James Version (KJV). It was intended to be a readable and literally accurate modern English translation,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revised_Standard_Version

Revised Standard Version – Translation Method
The RSV translation panel used the 17th edition of the Nestle-Aland Greek text for the New Testament and the traditional Hebrew Masoretic Text for the Old Testament.

Regardless of anything I KNOW the word THE is in the original text! The RSV and KJV are loaded with blunders, and omitting the word THE in 1 John 2:18 is proof. It's time Christians realize that to obtain truth, they must utilize THE LEXICONS!

Last edited:

kaoticprofit

The Revised Standard Version is the forerunner of the English Standard Version. Both of these versions are standards of corruption. They are both put out by the National Council of Churches.

3) “manuscripts more ancient than those upon which the King James Version” - The King James Bible is based upon 5,255 extant manuscripts. The Textus Receptus can be traced back to the First Century.

http://www.jesus-is savior.com/Bible/Revised%20Standard%20Version/revised_standard_version_exposed.htm

Last edited:

atpollard

The Textus Receptus can be traced back to the First Century.
I so wish that were true, but at best fragments that date to the First century may confirm portions of it and I would be skeptical of that.

We have about 40% of the NT from the second century (AD 101-200) and the remainder from third century (AD 201-300) copies. There are some unconfirmed reports of late first century (AD 50-100) fragments, but the inability of experts to gain access after many years makes the claims suspect. The thousands of quotes in early writings and the vast number of copies from geographically diverse areas mean we have a high reliability about what was in the original and what was added, but we have few early copies. Not really surprising considering early efforts to eradicate the faith by killing followers and burning texts.

12jtartar

Premium Member
Kaoticpofit,
It is impossible for a Person who is not a Christian to understand even simple things, because their hearts re not right with God, who had the Bible written, Luke 10:21. Wise and intellectual ones cannot understand God's word, because a person must become like a child to understand. A person must be sincerely wanting to know truth, not someone who is looking only to put up arguments, one who asks questions about things he does not understand, like a child does, Matthew 18:2-6. Sir Isaac Newton believed the Bible, even though he is recognized s one of the greatest minds ever. He was humble and recognized that he was nothing compared with The Almighty God. Einstein believed in God!!!
Before you can understand truth, you must prove to yourself the word of God, by sincere study, Romans 12:2.
Some look at what the Bible says and because they are miracles, they just will not believe, even though we have the testimony of many people. The problem is; if you think about it, everything that God has created is a miracle to us, just look around you, Romans 1:16-20.
When you consider that God, Jehovah is the Creator of the heavens and the earth, no all the things in them, why is it had to believe that he can resurrect people from the dead? Why is it hard to believe that He can protect His word, as He says he will, even from every generation, Psalms 12:6,7. This does not mean that every translation will be without errors, but it does mean that anyone that really wants to get to know God and His son, Jesus, can easily find the truth by comparing Bibles. Even though all Bibles will have some errors, they will not all have the same error, so a comparison of several, will show the truth.
God is the true author of the Bible, 2Timothy 3:16,17, and He says that His word is Truth, John 17:17, and that His word will last forever, Isaiah 40:8, 1Peter 1:25. That means anyone that questions the Bible is actually calling He Almighty God a lier. BAD MISTAKE!!!

GodsVoice

I've heard predictions since the 80s about the prophecies in Revelation coming to pass in the next couple of decades or so. I imagine since the Bible was first published and mass distributed that the public has always thought that the prophecies would come to pass in their immediate futures as well. I'm wondering, amongst those who believe that most of the prophecies in the Book of Revelation are yet to be fulfilled, why do they, or you, believe they were written about your near future? Even if most of the prophecies are yet to be fulfilled, why would they not be fulfilled 300 years from now? Why do we think it's about "us"? Why would the signs of the end times be any different now than they would be in the year 2250?

Thank you.

The book of Revelation is about the whole first temporary generation where God and his voice are revealed and exactly how we're created and experience life through God and his voice. It shows that the 1,000 year reign of Christ that started 2,000 years ago was necessary to reveal what God and his voice is and how it's a part of the creation that takes information and processing into make-believe worlds for the people and the beasts to experience life. In other words, the reign of Christ revealed that we are living in a computer generated simulation program and God and the voice are like Google Now, an artificial intelligence and voice built into the program. Now that we know this fact about God and his voice, there will soon be a complete destruction of everything man observed during this temporary generation. All the false gods man built with their human hands will be destroyed along with the flesh of man by hot molten lava. at least that's what the illusion is about.

Now that the 1,000 year reign of Christ will end with the death of the servant who is writing this sentence, expect the day of the Lord soon afterwards in which the earth will start shaking violently. Here's what will happen on that day.

The following prophecies are about the age ending day of the Lord when everything on this earth is destroyed and melted into a lake of fire. This destruction starts soon after the 1,000 year reign of Christ has finished revealing the Tree of Life ( God and voice and creation ) that was hidden from man until this year.

Matthew 24
14: And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached throughout the whole world, as a testimony to all nations; and then the end will come.

Isaiah 24
18: He who flees at the sound of the terror shall fall into the pit; and he who climbs out of the pit shall be caught in the snare. For the windows of heaven are opened, and the foundations of the earth tremble.
19: The earth is utterly broken, the earth is rent asunder, the earth is violently shaken.
20: The earth staggers like a drunken man, it sways like a hut; its transgression lies heavy upon it, and it falls, and will not rise again.

Ezekiel 38
19: For in my jealousy and in my blazing wrath I declare, On that day there shall be a great shaking in the land of Israel;
20: the fish of the sea, and the birds of the air, and the beasts of the field, and all creeping things that creep on the ground, and all the men that are upon the face of the earth, shall quake at my presence, and the mountains shall be thrown down, and the cliffs shall fall, and every wall shall tumble to the ground.

2 Peter 3
10: But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, and then the heavens will pass away with a loud noise, and the elements will be dissolved with fire, and the earth and the works that are upon it will be burned up.
11: Since all these things are thus to be dissolved, what sort of persons ought you to be in lives of holiness and godliness,
12: waiting for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be kindled and dissolved, and the elements will melt with fire!
13: But according to his promise we wait for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells.

Isaiah 66
15: "For behold, the LORD will come in fire, and his chariots like the stormwind, to render his anger in fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire.
16: For by fire will the LORD execute judgment, and by his sword, upon all flesh; and those slain by the LORD shall be many.

Zephaniah 1
18: Neither their silver nor their gold shall be able to deliver them on the day of the wrath of the LORD. In the fire of his jealous wrath, all the earth shall be consumed; for a full, yea, sudden end he will make of all the inhabitants of the earth.

Revelation 21
1: Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more.
8: But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the polluted, as for murderers, fornicators, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their lot shall be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death."

Rise

I've heard predictions since the 80s about the prophecies in Revelation coming to pass in the next couple of decades or so. I imagine since the Bible was first published and mass distributed that the public has always thought that the prophecies would come to pass in their immediate futures as well. I'm wondering, amongst those who believe that most of the prophecies in the Book of Revelation are yet to be fulfilled, why do they, or you, believe they were written about your near future? Even if most of the prophecies are yet to be fulfilled, why would they not be fulfilled 300 years from now? Why do we think it's about "us"? Why would the signs of the end times be any different now than they would be in the year 2250?

Thank you.
It's not just revelation that is the basis for the prophecies. Many of the old testament prophecies weave together with it.

People have not always believed the prophecies were imminent throughout church history. In fact, the book of revelation has historically been neglected as a book studied and talked about because people didn't understand how it was relevant to them.

Interest has increased exponentially over the last 100 years. One of the reasons is that we see the precursors falling into place for such prophecies to happen.
Some examples:
1. Israel had to be a nation again for these prophecies to occur.
2. Jerusalem had to be in their control.
3. The temple has to be rebuilt (the temple institute is preparing for that).
4. The means for worldwide government and mass deception has to be there. We see globalist ideology, trans-national institutions, and technology all making that become more real to us with each passing decade.

In the mid 1800s, the idea of the end times prophecies being fulfilled was a distant and abstract concept to the average person, far removed from a reality they could image happening in their time. Some considered it a fantasy to believe that Israel would literally exist again someday, especially unbelievers. So some chose to spiritualize the prophecies as not being literal, applying them to the gentile church.

Last edited:

GodsVoice

It's not just revelation that is the basis for the prophecies. Many of the old testament prophecies weave together with it.

People have not always believed the prophecies were imminent throughout church history. In fact, the book of revelation has historically been neglected as a book studied and talked about because people didn't understand how it was relevant to them.

Interest has increased exponentially over the last 100 years. One of the reasons is that we see the precursors falling into place for such prophecies to happen.
Some examples:
1. Israel had to be a nation again for these prophecies to occur.
2. Jerusalem had to be in their control.
3. The temple has to be rebuilt (the temple institute is preparing for that).
4. The means for worldwide government and mass deception has to be there. We see globalist ideology, trans-national institutions, and technology all making that become more real to us with each passing decade.

In the mid 1800s, the idea of the end times prophecies being fulfilled was a distant and abstract concept to the average person, far removed from a reality they could image happening in their time. Some considered it a fantasy to believe that Israel would literally exist again someday, especially unbelievers. So some chose to spiritualize the prophecies as not being literal, applying them to the gentile church.

There was a 1700 year apostasy of the Gospel being preached by a servant of God during this 1,000 year reign of Christ so that the Beast could be used to get the people to build the computer and AI and voice technology which is critical for God to reveal who He is and his voice along with the program that we're involved in.

e.r.m.

Church of Christ
The book of Revelation is about the whole first temporary generation where God and his voice are revealed and exactly how we're created and experience life through God and his voice. It shows that the 1,000 year reign of Christ that started 2,000 years ago was necessary to reveal what God and his voice is and how it's a part of the creation that takes information and processing into make-believe worlds for the people and the beasts to experience life. In other words, the reign of Christ revealed that we are living in a computer generated simulation program and God and the voice are like Google Now, an artificial intelligence and voice built into the program. Now that we know this fact about God and his voice, there will soon be a complete destruction of everything man observed during this temporary generation. All the false gods man built with their human hands will be destroyed along with the flesh of man by hot molten lava. at least that's what the illusion is about.

Now that the 1,000 year reign of Christ will end with the death of the servant who is writing this sentence, expect the day of the Lord soon afterwards in which the earth will start shaking violently. Here's what will happen on that day.

The following prophecies are about the age ending day of the Lord when everything on this earth is destroyed and melted into a lake of fire. This destruction starts soon after the 1,000 year reign of Christ has finished revealing the Tree of Life ( God and voice and creation ) that was hidden from man until this year.

Matthew 24
14: And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached throughout the whole world, as a testimony to all nations; and then the end will come.

Isaiah 24
18: He who flees at the sound of the terror shall fall into the pit; and he who climbs out of the pit shall be caught in the snare. For the windows of heaven are opened, and the foundations of the earth tremble.
19: The earth is utterly broken, the earth is rent asunder, the earth is violently shaken.
20: The earth staggers like a drunken man, it sways like a hut; its transgression lies heavy upon it, and it falls, and will not rise again.

Ezekiel 38
19: For in my jealousy and in my blazing wrath I declare, On that day there shall be a great shaking in the land of Israel;
20: the fish of the sea, and the birds of the air, and the beasts of the field, and all creeping things that creep on the ground, and all the men that are upon the face of the earth, shall quake at my presence, and the mountains shall be thrown down, and the cliffs shall fall, and every wall shall tumble to the ground.

2 Peter 3
10: But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, and then the heavens will pass away with a loud noise, and the elements will be dissolved with fire, and the earth and the works that are upon it will be burned up.
11: Since all these things are thus to be dissolved, what sort of persons ought you to be in lives of holiness and godliness,
12: waiting for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be kindled and dissolved, and the elements will melt with fire!
13: But according to his promise we wait for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells.

Isaiah 66
15: "For behold, the LORD will come in fire, and his chariots like the stormwind, to render his anger in fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire.
16: For by fire will the LORD execute judgment, and by his sword, upon all flesh; and those slain by the LORD shall be many.

Zephaniah 1
18: Neither their silver nor their gold shall be able to deliver them on the day of the wrath of the LORD. In the fire of his jealous wrath, all the earth shall be consumed; for a full, yea, sudden end he will make of all the inhabitants of the earth.

Revelation 21
1: Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more.
8: But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the polluted, as for murderers, fornicators, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their lot shall be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death."
In other words, the reign of Christ revealed that we are living in a computer generated simulation program and God and the voice are like Google Now, an artificial intelligence and voice built into the program.

Ok, sure.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
My way of thinking is that the book of revelation was meant for the fall of Roam, it shouldn't have even been put into the new testament, it plain as day that it wasn't written by the supposed author .

abbaton

There are times of transition, but "end" is something that hasn't happened despite multiple global extinctions and likely never will until the sun eats the earth as it dies.

There are several types of biblical prophecies:
1. Stuff we wish will happen.
2. Stuff that happens all the time and indicates nothing real specific.
3. Stuff that happened before we wrote it, but we wrote it like we knew about it prior to it occurring.

So, uhhhhh, all the various torah accounts of single men slaying hundreds of men by themselves on the field of battle, because they called to God for help... thats just uhhh.. natural selection and chemicals in the brain and stuff right ? what about the multiple accounts in holy libraries of people like simon magus and the saints being able to levitate to the clouds and call lightning down from heaven... thats all just, like, people takin LSD and writing random documents together? ?! rofl... i suppose people like the freemasons who founded the united states are just, hogwashin' scripture hoarders for no damn reason ? we'll see if everyone gets the same treatment in Death!! ill find my answers thru meditation, not science. it worked for your patriarch forefathers !!

Rise

Thank you.

It has not always been the case that every generation has thought they were in the end times.
This is not something that protestant Christians were even talking about significantly until the later 19th century.
For most of the past 2000 years the book of Revelation was largely ignored.
There are only a few short standout periods where people thought the end could be coming, like around 1000 AD, but that was usually based on trying to affix things to particular dates rather than looking at the state of the world to see if the signs of the end times are visible.
In Matthew 16:3 Jesus talks about the need for interpreting the "signs of the times".

Key thing that has happened:
Israel is a nation again, and Jerusalem is it's capital. Those things had to happen before the events in Revelation could take place.
Zechariah talks about Jerusalem being the issue that is fought over in those times.

Interest in end times prophecy has sped up exponentially ever since Israel became a nation again.

There are also a lot of things in prophecy that start to make more sense to us as time goes on. With each decade we start to see more how the events of the Bible could happen because our world situation starts to align increasingly more with it.

One of my Bible teachers told me of how his Bible teacher in the early 1970s said that Iran would one day be allied with Russia rather than the US. Simply because the Bible makes reference to Persia and Russia being allied together against Israel in a future war. The person hearing this thought how could that happen when Iran is our best ally in the middle east? Well, we know what happened not long after.

I had also learned years ago that Germany would one day be allied with Russia, Turkey, and much of the middle east against Israel in a war, based on the Bible. It is only in the last year or two that it is becoming clear to me how this could happen. I use to think the idea of Germany joining in with that seemed improbable under the current international order.
Turkey has just broken off diplomatic relationship with the US and Israel.
I've heard we have already moved out nuclear missiles out of Turkey in the last couple years given it's instability.
Now we see a rift forming in the EU. It is likely many states will break away from it as Britain has done, leaving Germany as the head of those that remain.
We see an estrangment happening now between the US and Germany over various issues, the latest of which is moving the US capitol to Jerusalem.
Germany has much stronger economic ties to Russia than the US, getting most of their energy from Russia.
It is feasible to see how if things continue on this path, that Germany would cease to see their interests aligned with the US and abandon Nato in favor of partnership with Russia.

FYI: The basis for saying Russia and Germany will ally with middle eastern nations against Israel is because people groups like Meschec and Gomer are listed. According to Jewish tradition, these are the peoples who moved from the caucasus to settle the Moscow area and parts of Europe. In medieval times the Jewish Rabbis would refer to Germany specifically as Gomer. Which might make sense in hindsight when you see that even if the people of Gomer don't only reside in Germany, Germany would end up being the political and economic head of all the nations of Europe that don't leave the EU.

Last edited:

Faithofchristian

Since it is a biblical question, I will try to answer it as such. For one, I do not believe that it speaks of an immediate future. Jesus warned against people that taught such nonsense and said that no one knows not even the angels of heaven but only the Father knows. So anyone who is teaching a soon fulfillment of the book of Revelation or sets dates for the return of the Messiah (we all know certain groups are ninja masters at predicting the end) are talking foolishness.

You do know that in the book of Revelation Jesus has given what is happening in that day and hour, That when these two things happens Jesus returns.

Faithofchristian

Why is Revelation about "our" immediate future?

Maybe it's because we are the last Generation and the book of Revelation was written to the last Generation of God's Elect and Very Elect people.

Maybe because God gave the book of Revelation to his Elect and Very Elect people to know the sequence of events that are coming down as written in the book of Revelation.

So who exactly are God's elect and Very elect people ?
So you have the Elect and the Very Elect of God. As written throughout the Bible.

Therefore how many people do you know of can go from Chapter 1 to the last Chapter 22 of Revelation, and put all the sequence of events in Revelation together?

Faithofchristian

Since it is a biblical question, I will try to answer it as such. For one, I do not believe that it speaks of an immediate future. Jesus warned against people that taught such nonsense and said that no one knows not even the angels of heaven but only the Father knows. So anyone who is teaching a soon fulfillment of the book of Revelation or sets dates for the return of the Messiah (we all know certain groups are ninja masters at predicting the end) are talking foolishness.

When Jesus spoke those words ( that no one knows the day and hour )
This was way before the book of Revelation was written.

That now the book of Revelation has been written, Jesus has given in the book of Revelation, That we can know what is going to happen in that day and hour.

Jesus didn't give the precise day or hour,
But Jesus did give what will be happening in that day and hour in the book of Revelation.
The last Prophecy of Revelation, is all about that day and hour. That when this last Prophecy happens, then Jesus returns and not until this last Prophecy happens first.

First of all, what alot of people don't realize is that the book of Revelation was not written to everyone, If you notice right in the first chapter and the first verse ( The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to show unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass )
Therefore the book of Revelation was written to the servants of Christ Jesus and to no one else.
And who are these servants of Christ Jesus, They are God's elect people. To whom will understand and know exactly what the book of Revelation is about.

Lets take for an example Revelation 8:9--"And the third part of the creatures which were in the sea, and had life, died, and the third part of the ships were destroyed"

Now according to the book of Revelation, what does this all stand to mean ?

Last edited:

Faithofchristian

Thank you.

Well first, What your missing is that the book of Revelation was not written to everyone.
If you notice in Revelation 1:1- The book of Revelation was given to Christ Jesus to give to his servants, Which are God's elect people and to no one else.

Many people will say i'm of God's elect people, For this to be true, Why then they can not put the book of Revelation together to make any sense of it.

Many people will say that Jesus said no one knows the day and hour.
But this shows just how little they do know in and about the book of Revelation.

At the time Jesus spoke those words,
( that no one knows the day and hour )
The book of Revelation had not been written yet.
But now the book of Revelation has been written. That now in the book of Revelation Christ Jesus has given to know what is to happen in that day and hour.

Jesus did not give the percisp day and hour, only what is happening in that day and hour.

Lets take Revelation 8:1-- (That there's silence in heaven for the space of half an hour)
So according to the book of Revelation, Why is there silence in heaven for half an hour ?
What happened that caused there to be silence in heaven for half an hour ?

David1967

Premium Member
When Jesus spoke those words ( that no one knows the day and hour )
This was way before the book of Revelation was written.

Yes, correct.

That now the book of Revelation has been written, Jesus has given in the book of Revelation, That we can know what is going to happen in that day and hour.

Yes. "What", not when as far as specific day such as April 15 of the year 2028.

First of all, what alot of people don't realize is that the book of Revelation was not written to everyone, If you notice right in the first chapter and the first verse ( The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to show unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass )
Therefore the book of Revelation was written to the servants of Christ Jesus

Again, correct so far.

And who are these servants of Christ Jesus, They are God's elect people. To whom will understand and know exactly what the book of Revelation is about.

Now here is where things usually go to wacko land. How many new groups have popped up over the last 100 years or so claiming to be this "elect"? Several, and some such as the Jim Jones and David Koresh bunch with deadly results. So I am skeptical , to say the least, of any group claiming to have some new revelation (pardon the pun) that makes them this "elect".

Faithofchristian

Yes, correct.

Yes. "What", not when as far as specific day such as April 15 of the year 2028.

Again, correct so far.

Now here is where things usually go to wacko land. How many new groups have popped up over the last 100 years or so claiming to be this "elect"? Several, and some such as the Jim Jones and David Koresh bunch with deadly results. So I am skeptical , to say the least, of any group claiming to have some new revelation (pardon the pun) that makes them this "elect".

That's exactly what I said, That Jesus did not give a specific day.
But Jesus did give to know what is happening in that day and hour.

Seeing you and others have no idea or clue, who God's elect people are.

God's elect people can go from the beginning of the book of Revelation to the end of the book of Revelation and put it all in order
Lets take for instance Revelation 8:1
( There was silence in heaven for half an hour )
Now in the book of Revelation, tells why there is silence in heaven for half an hour.

But can you tell why there is silence in heaven for half an hour or where in the book of Revelation tells why there is silence in heaven for half an hour.

In Revelation 8:10--"And the third angel sounded, and there fell a great star from heaven, burning as it were a lamb, and it fell upon the third part of the rivers, and upon the fountains of waters"

Now can you put this all together according to the book of Revelation.

Note that everything spoken of in
Revelation 8:10, can be found in the book of Revelation.
Seeing that God gave the book of Revelation, So only God would know the interpretation of all things in the book of Revelation. Which are found in the book of Revelation.