• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why is religion so fascinated with homosexuality?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You don't understand miracles, so you rail against their existence. Once you have experienced miracles, you would feel differently about all the things that you find so impossible in scripture.
No, I understand them better than you do. That is how I know that most did not happen and that probably none of them did happen.

Watchmen

Premium Member
So as we natter away (yet again) in another thread about homosexuality, I'm curious about something: why are religious types, especially conservatives, so interested? Why do they care so much?

Here's a little quote from a gay priest, Malcolm Johnston, in his book "Diary of a Gay Priest: The Tightrope Walker:"

"It is condemned. It is expressly forbidden in Scripture...Four General Councils forbid it, Luther and Zwingli weighed in against it, and until recently it was distasteful to most people. What is it? Lending money at interest."

Shakespeare created one of his greatest villains (Shylock) based on the practice of taking usance (interest). Jews prospered all over the Christian world because kings and nobles needed to borrow money, but their own subjects, unable to charge interest, were unwilling to spot them large sums.

So why aren't conservative Christians railing against lending at interest?

American Christians were loathe to give up their slaves -- claiming it was permitted, even encouraged by Scripture. But they gave them up eventually, but long, long before they were willing to give up their hatred towards gays.

Even though Jesus couldn't even be bothered mentioning the subject!

So, Christians -- enlighten us. Why is this topic so important that it occupies so much of these forums?
I think non-Christians spend way more time thinking about Christianity and homosexuals than Christians do. For Christians, it’s just a single blip in a long list of “Thou shalt not….”

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Teaching human relativity owns a statement first as the first two human being parents.

We are all born babies.

The scientific biology advice human says natural humans were equal mutual paired parents who had sex.
Life continuance ..

Two humans equal man and woman not equal body types but equal human. Have sex for life continuance

Every homosexual human owns life by first two holy human parent union. We are all born as babies.

So everyone is normal natural as the baby is here due to chosen human sex.

Was the teaching.

Then ask a question why and how did their mutual living condition suddenly change their behaviour.

Evidence against satanic radiation released out of gods body cause and effect.

The answer unnatural feedback images emerged displacing life with natural imaged self identification.

The actual advice.

Sacrificed life proved why it was occurring...images appearing not in order to the conscious owner concept. Self identity.

Which would also comply with very strange unnatural human beliefs and behaviours via unnatural displaced imaged feedback.

Which was named interference with consciousness.

A known science satanic cause changed conscious precepts concepts.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
A nice stereotype, but tragically, I'm fashion and design blind. No taste whatever. (Maybe I'm the "exception that proves the rule?")
Perhaps, but it does seem more common. I had a good customer at my furniture store. Good enough so that I knew he was gay without prying. Now I will openly admit that I am not much of a designer. I could explain quality but I was not the best with choosing fabrics. He was buying a couch and picked a fabric for it. It would take close to three months for a custom ordered sofa back then. His fabric was just "meh" to me. It looked rather bland. But somehow when that sofa came in with that fabric it just looked good. Sort of how an Armani suit makes a regular person look so much better. Now I am not going to say that is true for all, but he did have the eye when it came to that. His job was related. He did custom wallpapering as a trade. So he knew something about how patterns worked.