• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why is religion so fascinated with homosexuality?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Actually I don't. Those who accept it will. Those who choose not to won't no matter what I say.
Then it is immoral for you to try to apply it to others or even judge others by it.

By the way, for a rational thinker there is no "choice". Your post indicates that your religion is not a rational one.

When it comes to traditional churches it became more sophisticated especially in middle east.from ym experince as Catholic interested in this lifestyle , there are a lot of demand on this subject mainly from western priest who visited Jerusalem??then y it is not a sin?

I think till now ,now one study the subject from scientific speaking....I mean it is not
homosexuality ...it is the submissive aspect of the soul...

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Same sex relationships don't own holy human life procreation...a notification.
Mother human ova ovah had been irradiated by fall of man harmed. Was not conceiving. Ovary damaged genetics.

Notification medical life was changing into a type of non sexual by two identity into some form of one human mix.

In the past the medical term assessed was humans abomination change. The claim life had been science cursed.

Notified healer medical.

It was a huge concern in the past as compared today as life owns a vastly larger human population. So our psyche is probably not as bothered as it was before about life changing before our own eyes..

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Why is religion so fascinated with homosexuality?
I am fascinated with Spiritual life

I guess
Others are fascinated with homosexuality

To each their own

Others being fascinated with homosexuality do not bother me, unless they bother me with it. And if they do, I can be very clear, and they will not bother me again with it

Even though Jesus couldn't even be bothered mentioning the subject!
Exactly

My Master never mentioned it to me in all the 10 years I stayed in His Ashram.

I even don't remember Him talking about it in the probably few hundred discourses I was present at

So, Christians -- enlighten us. Why is this topic so important that it occupies so much of these forums?
Very strange indeed 'that' they indulge in 'it' so much

But I can think of a few reasons 'why' they do it
(But even going in detail is not worth my RF time)

Same sex relationships don't own holy human life procreation...a notification.
Mother human ova ovah had been irradiated by fall of man harmed. Was not conceiving. Ovary damaged genetics.

Notification medical life was changing into a type of non sexual by two identity into some form of one human mix.

In the past the medical term assessed was humans abomination change. The claim life had been science cursed.

Notified healer medical.

It was a huge concern in the past as compared today as life owns a vastly larger human population. So our psyche is probably not as bothered as it was before about life changing before our own eyes..
Thanks for useful info but i think it is a trend as well

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
Then it is immoral for you to try to apply it to others or even judge others by it.

By the way, for a rational thinker there is no "choice". Your post indicates that your religion is not a rational one.
Belief is always a choice. Nothing is proven.
And it's immoral to apply my belief system to others? Lol, then everyone is immoral.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Belief is always a choice. Nothing is proven.
And it's immoral to apply my belief system to others? Lol, then everyone is immoral.

It is immoral to do so if one cannot rationally justify one's belief system.

But getting to your other claim, nothing is ever proven, but there can be objective evidence for a belief. Most theists fail when they try to defend their beliefs rationally using objective evidence.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
It is immoral to do so if one cannot rationally justify one's belief system.

But getting to your other claim, nothing is ever proven, but there can be objective evidence for a belief. Most theists fail when they try to defend their beliefs rationally using objective evidence.
Your religion is rationality. There's no proof that anything we think is rational. Especially if we are just the result of blind causation. Everyone decides what to believe based on what they think is rational, but who can say that equals truth? Objective standard? Doesn't exist.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Your religion is rationality. There's no proof that anything we think is rational. Especially if we are just the result of blind causation. Everyone decides what to believe based on what they think is rational, but who can say that equals truth? Objective standard? Doesn't exist.
No, I respect rationality because it works. It is what makes our conversation here possible. If it didn't work I would abandon it. And don't make the assumption that just because you may have trouble with rational thought that others have the same problem.

Christians often speak of epistemology but they rarely apply it to concepts properly.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
No, I respect rationality because it works. It is what makes our conversation here possible. If it didn't work I would abandon it. And don't make the assumption that just because you may have trouble with rational thought that others have the same problem.

Christians often speak of epistemology but they rarely apply it to concepts properly.
In a universe based on chance, your words are just like fizz in a bottle. You say what you do because blind causation won't let you say anything else. Only if there's a higher authority granting us free will can we even have thoughts of our own. And that higher authority is the only one who can dictate right and wrong. Otherwise it's just all mumbo jumbo, and nothing really matters. Fizzzzz...

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
In a universe based on chance, your words are just like fizz in a bottle. You say what you do because blind causation won't let you say anything else. Only if there's a higher authority granting us free will can we even have thoughts of our own. And that higher authority is the only one who can dictate right and wrong. Otherwise it's just all mumbo jumbo, and nothing really matters. Fizzzzz...

From there doesn't follow that it is right or wrong for humans or that is a Christian God.

So please don't use your subjective assumptions to judge me with in effect objective authority.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
What makes you think that the universe is based upon chance? There are physical laws. They describe how the universe acts. Why even use the foolish term "blind causation"?

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
What makes you think that the universe is based upon chance? There are physical laws. They describe how the universe acts. Why even use the foolish term "blind causation"?
If there are physical laws that are logical and testable, how can anyone believe that's there's no Creator? There's nothing here in this room that looks designed but isn't. I just logically apply the same reason to the universe.
And evolution, which most think made humans is all chance.
Fizzzzz....

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
If there are physical laws that are logical and testable, how can anyone believe that's there's no Creator? There's nothing here in this room that looks designed but isn't. I just logically apply the same reason to the universe.
Fizzzzz....

Stop claim that your reasoning determines what the universe is. There is no way to decide that, because I can get away with a different reasoning. It is all in your mind and mine.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Fizzzzz....
Because there is no rational, reasonable evidence for a creator. Everything that we see has a rational explanation. Many of the things that we see have evidence against an intelligent creator.

And yes, man made things looked designed. We tend to use design. If you understood nature you would see evidence against design.