• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Is Only Earth Carrying Life?

ecco

Veteran Member
Why would a god create a planet that most of it is inhabitable for humans?
Seas, deserts, poles...not a very good design.
  • Seas - So that man would develop submarines and SCUBA and find whole new things to explore and enjoy.
  • Deserts - So that some people would understand the trials and tribulations of escaping slavery. So that there is a way to see who can make the fastest car. So that some could experience the joy of finding an oasis.
  • Poles - So that man could find them. So that researchers had a place investigate neutrinos.

james dixon

Premium Member
I am amazed at all the things the human race has “invented”. In many cases the inventor would say that this new idea just popped into their head one night or when they were just day dreaming. But then again, could this idea have been planted in their mind by some outside force?

Has anyone done a study about these inventors and how they came up with this unheard of before invention?

I just wonder?

Walterbl

Without God that is easy to grasp why, but with a God, it would seem that creation experimentation would be carried out elsewhere.

Actually it is the opposite. The fact that we don't see life in other planets is evidence AGAINST abiogenesis. If intelligent life could appear and evolve randomly, it should have appeared in any of the millions and millions of planets in the universe. The galaxy should be full with life everywhere.

ecco

Veteran Member
I am amazed at all the things the human race has “invented”. In many cases the inventor would say that this new idea just popped into their head one night or when they were just day dreaming. But then again, could this idea have been planted in their mind by some outside force?

Has anyone done a study about these inventors and how they came up with this unheard of before invention?

I just wonder?
You are saying something that is pretty much myth and then you are extrapolating.

They Did Not Give Up
As an inventor, Edison made 1,000 unsuccessful attempts at inventing the light bulb. When a reporter asked, "How did it feel to fail 1,000 times?" Edison replied, "I didn't fail 1,000 times. The light bulb was an invention with 1,000 steps."​

Why would God only put life on one of the planets at least in our solar system? Most worlds are undoubtedly just lumps or rock, ice and gas. Why would God not create other species and peoples for those? It seems a terribly wasted opportunity. Even if we find some life on more distant stars, it is clear that the bulk of the universe is devoid of life. Without God that is easy to grasp why, but with a God, it would seem that creation experimentation would be carried out elsewhere.

There probably is. The universe is so vast that we'll probably never know in our life time. I mean if there was life out there. We'd probably kill it, because thats what we do.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Actually it is the opposite. The fact that we don't see life in other planets is evidence AGAINST abiogenesis. If intelligent life could appear and evolve randomly, it should have appeared in any of the millions and millions of planets in the universe. The galaxy should be full with life everywhere.
We would only expect to find life on Earth in our very limited ability to explore. And you appear to be conflating intelligent life with life. Intelligent life may be very very rare, but life itself may be found around countless stars.

Something that is not expected to be seen cannot be evidence against an idea by its lack.

Audie

Veteran Member

Do you just have to put in the word "random"?

Audie

Veteran Member
You are saying something that is pretty much myth and then you are extrapolating.

They Did Not Give Up
As an inventor, Edison made 1,000 unsuccessful attempts at inventing the light bulb. When a reporter asked, "How did it feel to fail 1,000 times?" Edison replied, "I didn't fail 1,000 times. The light bulb was an invention with 1,000 steps."​

Some things are true whether they happened or not.

Walterbl

We would only expect to find life on Earth in our very limited ability to explore

Given the exponential rate of technological advance, super advanced aliens would NOT have a limited ability to explore, and they could have found us easily.

He probably does not understand his error

Then please explain. How is abiogenesis (simple organic chemicals supposedly assemblying themselves into an much more complex living form of life) NOT random?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I think it's highly likely that there are life forms on other planets outside our solar system, but if there are humans on some of them they're likely to look very different than humans here, which may explain the looks of a blind date I had once.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Given the exponential rate of technological advance, super advanced aliens would NOT have a limited ability to explore, and they could have found us easily.

How do you know? Not all problems can be solved. Interstellar travel may be practically impossible.
Then please explain. How is abiogenesis (simple organic chemicals supposedly assemblying themselves into an much more complex living form of life) NOT random?

Because it follows the laws of chemistry. There are limited ways that those molecules can combine. "Random" is usually the claim of the ignorant. As in calling evolution "random". There is a random element to it, but positive changes in organisms is all but guaranteed.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Which it possibly is

ChristineM

Premium Member

So there are no aliens but they are super advanced no aliens...i think i understand!!!

Einstein said something along the lines of 'nothing travels faster than light'. So far this has been proven to be true. To get a particle to a close approximation of light speed requires tremendous energy, the energy required to get an exploring, advanced alien and a containing vessel to light speed (or above) comes into the realms of a large suns output. Is this feasible?
I understand the closest planet considered capable of sustaining life is about 350ly from us. (Although that changes often as new proto planets are discovered). So exploring, advanced aliens would need exceptionally long lives lives dont you think?

Life is not complex, in its basic form, DNA it comprises of 5 chemicals and a base. But there is a lot of DNA in a human, cat, bird, snake, even an ant. I think you are confusing complexity and quantity.

ChristineM

Premium Member

I just wonder?

Most inventions are discovered by individuals or teams dedicated to their work after spending several years studying their subject. Given that intensity i am not surprised some dream of their work and produce ideas in their dreams.

I know some of my most difficult breakthroughs have been the result of months of intense work then the answer hit me in a dream. Would the answer have come without that deep exploration of unknown?... Prior it was unknown so i could not have known to dream of it.

Walterbl

Because it follows the laws of chemistry. There are limited ways that those molecules can combine

According to that logic, nothing is random. If I flip a coin, I don't get tails or heads randomly, since the coin flip follows the laws of gravity. Same if I roll a dice. If I shuffle a deck and draw ten "random" cards, that process is not really random because the shuffling follows the laws of physics and there are limited ways those cards can be arranged, etc. You seem to be confused regarding the definition of random. Random doesn't mean it follows no laws.

So exploring, advanced aliens would need exceptionally long lives lives dont you think?

Not a problem. An advanced race of aliens would probably be near immortal. Given the exponential rate of technology advance, some futurist predict humanity will have anti-aging treatment and would probably solve death by 2050.

Last edited:

Audie

Veteran Member
So there are no aliens but they are super advanced no aliens...i think i understand!!!

Einstein said something along the lines of 'nothing travels faster than light'. So far this has been proven to be true. To get a particle to a close approximation of light speed requires tremendous energy, the energy required to get an exploring, advanced alien and a containing vessel to light speed (or above) comes into the realms of a large suns output. Is this feasible?
I understand the closest planet considered capable of sustaining life is about 350ly from us. (Although that changes often as new proto planets are discovered). So exploring, advanced aliens would need exceptionally long lives lives dont you think?

Life is not complex, in its basic form, DNA it comprises of 5 chemicals and a base. But there is a lot of DNA in a human, cat, bird, snake, even an ant. I think you are confusing complexity and quantity.

:D