• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

why is north america.So into the paranormal?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
You are into the paranormal. At one point, paranormal was a passing fad but now I see no evidence whatsoever that it's important to the vast majority.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
As opposed to Africa or Asia?
Compared to other Western nations America is bizarrely into the paranormal and supernatural. It's even a leader in the number of adults who believe in ghosts and angels, ESP, divination, amd other such pseudoscience beliefs.
Anti-intellectualism is a known characteristic of America.

kjw47

why is north america.So into the paranormal? :):confused:Just curiosity?

Because satan ruled hollywood shoves-violence, immoral sex and paranormal down everyones throat from their youth on up and the parents allow it because they like it. Remember in the Ot--Ones children will pay for their fathers sins. That didnt mean that they would actually pay for the sins the father committed. It meant the Father would hand down the same wicked things to their children. Jesus was 100% correct--satan is the god of this system of things. The false teachers fail to warn.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
why is north america.So into the paranormal? :):confused:Just curiosity?

Believing in the paranormal (ghosts, UFOs, Sasquatch, and other cryptids) has become more widely accepted in recent years, and I attribute this significant change in the public perception of all things paranormal to paranormal shows like Ghost Hunters and Ghost Adventures. Both of these shows played an integral part in this new dawn of accepting the paranormal, and swung the door wide open for other successful paranormal shows to follow. On a related note, I attribute the original Ghost Adventures Crew (Zak, Aaron, and Nick) with the positive impact their show has had on my life since I first discovered them on YouTube, while perusing for paranormal videos. That was early 2009, and I've been watching their show ever since. They changed my personal perception of the paranormal, as well as how I felt about my abilities as a clairvoyant. They've also influenced how I investigate the paranormal.

Last edited:

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
I still remember how popular the oujia board was.

I wouldn't touch a spirit board even if my life depended upon it, and no one could pay me enough to use one. It was a nightmare for me the last time I used one when I was 17, and I vowed I'd never use one again. I refuse to use one whenever I communicate with spirits. Also, I can't emphasize enough that a Ouija board is not a toy. It's a powerful device to communicate with spirits, and once you open a portal to the other side, you have to be sure to close it, but you never know who or what will come through it.

Last edited:

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Because satan ruled hollywood shoves-violence, immoral sex and paranormal down everyones throat from their youth on up and the parents allow it because they like it. Remember in the Ot--Ones children will pay for their fathers sins. That didnt mean that they would actually pay for the sins the father committed. It meant the Father would hand down the same wicked things to their children. Jesus was 100% correct--satan is the god of this system of things. The false teachers fail to warn.
Why do you suppose that rascally devil focuses on N. America with his dastardly Hollywood hijinks?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I wouldn't touch a spirit board even if my life depended upon it, and no one could pay me enough to use one. It was a nightmare for me the last time I used one when I was 17, and I vowed I'd never use one again. I refuse to use one whenever I communicate with spirits. Also, I can't emphasize enough that a Ouija board is not a toy. It's a powerful device to communicate with spirits, and once you open a portal to the other side, you have to be sure to close it, but you never know who or what will come through it.
I dunno. My sister enjoyed the game for years.

Nothing spooky at all save for the fun.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
I dunno. My sister enjoyed the game for years.

Nothing spooky at all save for the fun.

There's nothing fun about it, as far as I'm concerned. I had an absolutely terrifying experience with a Ouija board, so I'm speaking from firsthand experience here. In fact, my personal experience with a spirit board is why I strongly disagree with inexperienced people using it, especially children and teens, who have no idea what they're doing, and they're not aware of the potential dangers of the board. With that in mind, I want to greatly emphasize the dangers of using a Ouija board, so I'm posting the following video. The footage in it is over 10 years ago, and it's been analyzed many times since it was released, and it's widely believed to be real. I believe the footage is authentic, and I base my opinion on my knowledge of the paranormal, and my personal experiences with it.

I will warn you, and everyone else who reads this post, that it is disturbing to watch. I'm emphasizing this warning, so no one can accuse me of not warning them. The commentator's analysis of the footage begins at 1:05, and the actual footage begins at 3:01.

Again, the footage in this video is very disturbing, so watch it at your own risk.

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
There's nothing fun about it, as far as I'm concerned. Speaking as a clairvoyant, who had an absolutely terrifying experience with a Ouija board, I strongly disagree with inexperienced people using it, especially children and teens, who have no idea what they are doing, and they're not aware of the potential dangers of the board. With that in mind, I want to emphasize the dangers of using a Ouija board, so I'm posting the following video. The footage in it is over 10 years ago, and it's been analyzed many times since it was released, and it's widely believed to be real. I believe it's authentic, and I base my opinion on my knowledge of the paranormal.

I will warn you that it is disturbing to watch, and I'm emphasizing this warning, so no one can accuse me of not warning them ahead of time. The commentator's analysis of the video footage begins at 1:05, and the actual footage begins at 3:01.

Again, the footage in this video is very disturbing, so watch it at your own risk.

Already seen it. Great for views and subs by my estimate. It's entertaining though like many YT vids.

My sister enjoyed oujia for years as a teen and absolutely nothing came of it. Of course my name was mentioned a lot because I was the weird brother. *grin*

I think it has more to do with the power of mental suggestion than the power of the supernatural.

I played with it myself a little, but I'm far more intrigued with the devils toy box than oujia.

Onyx

Premium Member
It looks like she had a mild seizure to me. Disturbing indeed, but I doubt hocus-pocus was to blame.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Why do you suppose that rascally devil focuses on N. America with his dastardly Hollywood hijinks?
Sounds like we gotta get rid of this Jesus fellow, because where he goes the Devil follows. Where there is no Jesus at all the Devil is entirely absent as well. Seems to correlate well with those other nations that are way less religious and also don't have the Devil pestering them.