• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why is it Only those who "Walk with God" have Encountered Satan?

Dunemeister

Why is it always those who "walk with god" who have some sort of personal experience with Satan? Why doesn't he ever present himself in any way to Atheists?

Even among Christians, the devil himself rarely shows up. There's only one, after all, so if you think you warrant his personal attention, you've got pride issues. :)

If I'm on his team, why doesn't he ever show up to kick my *** for slacking off on my duty to persecute christians?

Perhaps you're doing just fine from his point of view.

Shouldn't your personal relationship with jesus protect you from Satan? I've been an atheist for over 15 years and I've never encountered even the slightest evidence for satan.

The Holy Spirit protects us from permanent harm and guarantees eventual victory. He doesn't ensure a worry-free or danger-free life.

You've encountered plenty of evidence for satan; you've re-interpreted it to fit snugly into your current way of understanding the world.

LovebirdsFlying

Mrs. Brady
OK, now that the door seems to have been opened for Christians, I'll venture my opinion.

Satan doesn't care whether an atheist persecutes Christians or not. That's his job, not theirs. If you only ignored us, Satan would be satisfied. His concern about you and Christians is that you don't become one. If you're "on his team," he doesn't worry about you. He doesn't need to.

No, a personal relationship with Jesus doesn't protect us from Satan. Even Jesus himself had his encounters. However, some Christians do get carried away with "fighting Satan" who isn't all that bloody powerful when you have the Lord. One minister told me, the worst thing you can do to Satan is to "see" him come into the room, and react, "Pfft. It's just you." No need to get all dramatic, "I *command* in the name of Jesus Christ, that...." Nah. Don't entertain him with a stage production. Just dismiss him.

One more thought: Satan is not encountered through our five senses, any more than the Lord is. I have sensed the presence of both, at various times, but just as some people are colorblind and aren't going to see the difference between certain tones, others are spirit-blind and aren't going to be aware.

.lava

Veteran Member
Why is it always those who "walk with god" who have some sort of personal experience with Satan? Why doesn't he ever present himself in any way to Atheists? If I'm on his team, why doesn't he ever show up to kick my *** for slacking off on my duty to persecute christians? Shouldn't your personal relationship with jesus protect you from Satan? I've been an atheist for over 15 years and I've never encountered even the slightest evidence for satan.

ever feel undecided?...like you think over an issue and you think "OK that's it, i should do that" yet then the exact opposite thought appear in your mind with its own benefits and you feel like you should do it.

ever make judgement on something you don't really know about?...like you hear someone you know say something to a friend of yours. you barely hear it but you feel so sure he was talking negatively about you and you feel upset about him, you even feel rage. yet later it turns out he was not even talking about you.

ever make selfish desicions?...like you need to make a choice. you either would make a desicion that would make people happy or a desicion that would make you happy and you chose yourself over others.

there are many ways for Satan. but it is a fact that you meet him only when you really want to be on the path that leads God. that's what he promised for: prevent people from earning heaven. wanna earn heaven?

Mestemia

Advocatus Diaboli
Premium Member
Why is it always those who "walk with god" who have some sort of personal experience with Satan? Why doesn't he ever present himself in any way to Atheists? If I'm on his team, why doesn't he ever show up to kick my *** for slacking off on my duty to persecute christians? Shouldn't your personal relationship with jesus protect you from Satan? I've been an atheist for over 15 years and I've never encountered even the slightest evidence for satan.
Because those who believe in Satan mostly use him as a scapegoat.

Mestemia

Advocatus Diaboli
Premium Member
Because those who believe in Satan mostly use him as a scapegoat.

ever feel undecided?...like you think over an issue and you think "OK that's it, i should do that" yet then the exact opposite thought appear in your mind with its own benefits and you feel like you should do it.

ever make judgement on something you don't really know about?...like you hear someone you know say something to a friend of yours. you barely hear it but you feel so sure he was talking negatively about you and you feel upset about him, you even feel rage. yet later it turns out he was not even talking about you.

ever make selfish desicions?...like you need to make a choice. you either would make a desicion that would make people happy or a desicion that would make you happy and you chose yourself over others.

there are many ways for Satan. but it is a fact that you meet him only when you really want to be on the path that leads God. that's what he promised for: prevent people from earning heaven. wanna earn heaven?
See what I mean?

moegypt

Actually Atheists are already satan :D

.lava

Veteran Member
Actually Atheists are already satan :D

you really mean it? i know about shaytan humans but they are not necessarily atheist people. matter of fact they are mostly religious characters that prevent people from path that leads to God.

MSizer

MSizer
Hi. My introductory post here will explain that I'm new, looking for a place to jump into conversation. The OP's question intrigued me. I have my thoughts on the matter, but I need to know whether it was asked in sincerity, or with the intention of waiting for a Christian to answer, so that the Christian may be made fun of?

Because I am certainly open to dialogue and have no intention of hitting anyone over the head with a Bible. All I can ever do, after all, is state what I think. But I don't want to set myself up for one of those useless "convert me if you can, but you're wasting your time" endeavors. Pardon me if I seem a little "stung." I am just coming off of exactly one of those baiting conversations on another site.

The question certainlyw was sarcastic and somewhat rhetorical. The same superstitious tendencies which cause people to believe in god are the ones that cause people in satan. I just find it funny that the beievers don't see the irony in that.

.lava

Veteran Member
See what I mean?

i certainly don't because it's not even close :)...here you go, read what i believe:

14:22 And the Shaitan shall say after the affair is decided: Surely Allah promised you the promise of truth, and I gave you promises, then failed to keep them to you, and I had no authority over you, except that I called you and you obeyed me, therefore do not blame me but blame yourselves: I cannot be your aider (now) nor can you be my aiders; surely I disbelieved in your associating me with Allah before; surely it is the unjust that shall have the painful punishment.

.lava

Veteran Member
The question certainlyw was sarcastic and somewhat rhetorical. The same superstitious tendencies which cause people to believe in god are the ones that cause people in satan. I just find it funny that the beievers don't see the irony in that.

i thought you were sincerely asking...well, my bad :)

MSizer

MSizer
i thought you were sincerely asking...well, my bad :)

No worries at all. I'm not one to say "hey, that's off topic, get out!". Besides, the reason I ask such questions is I hope that by encouraging believers to explain thier beliefs, they begin to recognize the weaknesses in the arguments they tend to use. (yeah, I know that's a pretty general statement - I admit that).

M.

MSizer

MSizer
You mean this?

One of Satan's greatest weapons is to convince people he doesn't exist.

Well then I guess that puts him right on par with god. Evidence please. As it stands, it can be thrown away without further consideration.

MissAlice

ROFLLMAO, I could just see Satan now with his little fluffy minions...:jester3:

Last edited:

Liam Anderson

Determined Guardian
I think you have experienced Satan, you just didn't recognize him. Everything bad that happens to you is, in my opinion, his doing. And when you fight for something in your life, fail and give up - it is his doing. God will allow you to fail but not to give up. That's how I see it.

Dunemeister

No worries at all. I'm not one to say "hey, that's off topic, get out!". Besides, the reason I ask such questions is I hope that by encouraging believers to explain thier beliefs, they begin to recognize the weaknesses in the arguments they tend to use. (yeah, I know that's a pretty general statement - I admit that).

M.

How very paternalistic of you!

blackout

Violet.
I think you have experienced Satan, you just didn't recognize him. Everything bad that happens to you is, in my opinion, his doing. And when you fight for something in your life, fail and give up - it is his doing. God will allow you to fail but not to give up. That's how I see it.

Hey Liam,

When you fight for something in your life, fail and give up...
it is YOUR doing.

If you never encountered adversity & challange in your life,
you would never grow in Wisdom and Fortitude and Mastery.

Satan exists IN gOd... as an integral part OF gOd,
like everything and everyone else, as man, myth, idea, or character'is'tic.

Satan challanges you.
Do you face your challanges/challangers? or run from them in fear.
Do you wish and pray them away?
Or face off as a worthy sparring partner.
Satan challanges everything.
Sure. Even your (version of) god. and so what?
In this regard he is mentor.

"Challange everything" is the... surest stance one can ever take. IMO.

Pan may be a bit cantankerous but he is not evil.
If you view adversity & challange as an evil thing
you will miss his sense of humor entirely... and see "bad" in it's place.

EDIT: and Welcome to RF:D. (despite the adverserial nature of my response. ;) )

Last edited:

LovebirdsFlying

Mrs. Brady

M.
I'll admit a lot of the arguments are weak. I am not one for "Jesus loves me, this I know, for the Bible tells me so." Jesus loves me, this I know, for I have experienced His love. I believe the Bible because I have tested it, not because someone told me it was the truth. We don't know each other yet, but people who know me, realize that I cannot have lived the life I've lived, and not believe in God.

No one will ever convince me there is no God. On the other hand, I'm not out to convince anybody that there is one. I'm here to socialize, not to evangelize. Anything I say about the Lord, you've already heard. It's not my job to get you to believe. My job is only to be who I am, a child of the Lord.

You know, it's funny. I said that to another militant atheist, on another (non-religious) site. He got upset! He didn't want it to be that way. As a Christian, my role was to ram the Lord down his throat, and as an atheist, his was to make fun of me for doing so. He didn't want it any other way. No peaceful coexistence, no sir!

Liam Anderson

Determined Guardian
Hey Liam,

When you fight for something in your life, fail and give up...
it is YOUR doing.

If you never encountered adversity & challange in your life,
you would never grow in Wisdom and Fortitude and Mastery.

Satan exists IN gOd... as an integral part OF gOd,
like everything and everyone else, as man, myth, idea, or character'is'tic.

Satan challanges you.
Do you face your challanges/challangers? or run from them in fear.
Do you wish and pray them away?
Or face off as a worthy sparring partner.
Satan challanges everything.
Sure. Even your (version of) god. and so what?
In this regard he is mentor.

"Challange everything" is the... surest stance one can ever take. IMO.

Pan may be a bit cantankerous but he is not evil.
If you view adversity & challange as an evil thing
you will miss his sense of humor entirely... and see "bad" in it's place.

EDIT: and Welcome to RF:D. (despite the adverserial nature of my response. ;) )

Thanks for the welcome but you seem to actually agree with me in a sense.

Challenge and adversity are good because they have the potential to strengthen you and, to me, that's God's doing or allowing Satan to do it to us in certain circumstances. (that's how I agree with your statement that Satan is a part of God somehow - or better, a part of His plan, yes).

It's what we do with that counts. If we keep on fighting, we're at God's side. If we give up (albeit our doing) - we give in to Satan and allow him to control the outcome. Because God meant us to win, while Satan's goal is to see us fail and stay this way. That's what I believe, anyway.

Last edited: