• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

why is it important to "Believe"..?

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
My guess is you really don't understand the scientific method. Just seeing something isn"t scientific

Never claimed it was.

In fact, I explicitly argued against that.
:rolleyes:

If you see something and don"t verify it yourself its belief not science.

Science doesn't require every individual to redo every single scientific experiment.
Nore does it mean that one has "blind belief" when one doesn't yet still accepts results of said experiments.

Sounds like you are the one who doesn't understand how it is done.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
If a human in science quotes I got the power of God, then his claim is that God gave it to him for science invention.

Meaning O Earth mass highest states are taken and forced to convert so that a scientist can own the conversion of God to claim and God gave it to me.

If God gave a human a condition, then you have to be living first to allow God to give it to you.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
Science doesn't require every individual to redo every single scientific experiment.
Nore does it mean that one has "blind belief" when one doesn't yet still accepts results of said experiments.

Sounds like you are the one who doesn't understand how it is done.

If you don't do the work yourself then you are believing in those that did. In fact science requires peer review before allowing it to be considered valid. Scientists themselves understand the power of belief and how belief factors into everything so much that they built a system of checks and balances to counter it. Most scientists understand that you belief in your concept before you can investigate it. That is true of anyone and everyone. You are limiting yourself by not embracing you beliefs.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
That's just propaganda for your religion. And you're wrong about Islam.

To prove your point, please demonstrate your counter documents to the Bible's multi-eyewitness proof of the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

And it remains true to say "Bible Christianity relies on trusting God to save us, Islam relies on man's best self-efforts to be religious".

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
To prove your point, please demonstrate your counter documents to the Bible's multi-eyewitness proof of the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

And it remains true to say "Bible Christianity relies on trusting God to save us, Islam relies on man's best self-efforts to be religious".
There are not multi-eyewitness accounts of the resurrection. It's not even clear who the authors of Jesus' story were.

Just because miracle stories are reported in the Bible doesn't mean anything. Miracles are a dime a dozen in ancient writings. Attributing them to respected authors doesn't lend any credence to them.

Last edited:

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
There are not multi-eyewitness accounts of the resurrection. It's not even clear who the authors of Jesus' story were.

Just because miracle stories are reported in the Bible doesn't mean anything. Miracles are a dime a dozen in ancient writings. Attributing them to respected authors doesn't lend any credence to them.

Luckily for us, then, we have:

1) Prophecy fulfilled with 100% accuracy in secular history
2) Life changes
3) Proof in teleology, ontology, biology, cosmology, etc.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Luckily for us, then, we have:

1) Prophecy fulfilled with 100% accuracy in secular history
Balderdash! You can make the same claim for Nostradamus, or other religions. You can always find patterns to fit your expectations, or scripture to fit a given event.
2) Life changes
You'll have to clarify this.
3) Proof in teleology, ontology, biology, cosmology, etc.
And yet only evangelical Christians seem able to discern this. Why is it not common knowledge worldwide if there's so much consilient evidence?

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
The bible says that one has to believe in order to be saved... Why..?

Why is believing important?

Also, I do believe other religions require you to believe things.... So what is it with believing?
believing is important, but obedience is far, far more important.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
Balderdash! You can make the same claim for Nostradamus, or other religions. You can always find patterns to fit your expectations, or scripture to fit a given event.
You'll have to clarify this.
And yet only evangelical Christians seem able to discern this. Why is it not common knowledge worldwide if there's so much consilient evidence?

I "found a pattern" that nearly 3,000 years ago, the Bible predicted Israel would become a nation in a single day, after a millennia-long diaspora, in May 1948?

BALDERDASH, Mister Bond!

danieldemol

Premium Member
I "found a pattern" that nearly 3,000 years ago, the Bible predicted Israel would become a nation in a single day, after a millennia-long diaspora, in May 1948?

BALDERDASH, Mister Bond!
First of all you said "Prophecy fulfilled with 100% accuracy in secular history", and now you are bringing up just one prophecy? That hardly constitutes 100%. Second of all where does the Bible say all that?

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
First of all you said "Prophecy fulfilled with 100% accuracy in secular history", and now you are bringing up just one prophecy? That hardly constitutes 100%. Second of all where does the Bible say all that?

I don't want to give you more information than you can handle comfortably, I like to take it slow.

Google "Israel 1948 prophecy" and let me know what you think?

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
I don't want to give you more information than you can handle comfortably, I like to take it slow.

Google "Israel 1948 prophecy" and let me know what you think?
People don't come in here to surf the web. We come in here to read what is in the forum. Please reconsider posting your answer in the forum, thanks.