• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why is Islam so dangerous?

sooda

Veteran Member
What about a completely male dominated society with women being given no freedom by western standards.

Or, how about female children being married of to men,

Or, what about generations of cousin to cousin marriages resulting in lower IQś and a higher incidence of genetic diseases.

Or what about the borders of fire, where virtually any non Muslim nation bordering an Islamic nation has constant religious friction on the borders.

Of course, the koran and hadith tells us about what is cool in Islamic society, theocracy, sharia.

All wonderful insights into Islam.

CONSANGUINITY AMONG JEWS - JewishEncyclopedia.com
www.jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/4611-consanguinity-among-jews
By: Cyrus Adler, Joseph Jacobs. By another method W. Stieda found that there were 23.02 per cent per thousand consanguineous marriages among the Jews of Alsace-Lorraine as compared with 8.97 among Catholics and 1.86 among Protestants ("Die Eheschliessungen in Elsass-Lorhringen,

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
To me it’s what the core religion teaches that is what it truly represents. For instance Buddha taught non violence but people who lack discernment could say that Buddhism oppresses the Rohinga of Burma because it is a Buddhist country and some Buddhist monks have called for holy war as in Thailand also.

I don't think the comparison stands up, personally. It seems to rely on a premise of similarity between the doctrines that is entirely untrue.

Nor is there much of a point to a doctrine apart from its actual implementation.

Notanumber

A Free Man
Does it? It sound like you make stuff up to massage your ego.

I am sure you must gave read "allah considers men and women equal"

If you want to pick a fight with all muslims then present arguments that are valid for all muslims and not for just funny mental ones.

I am not picking a fight with anyone and I am not calling anyone funny or mental.

If Allah considers men and women equal, he has a funny way of showing it.

I believe in equal rights for women, do you?

sooda

Veteran Member
I am not picking a fight with anyone and I am not calling anyone funny or mental.

The Rights of Women in Islam - Al-Islam.org
https://www.al-islam.org/rights-women-islam-ayatullah-murtadha...
The Rights of Women in Islam. Author(s): Publisher(s): Outlines general rights of women with special emphasis to marriage. Some of the areas covered are marriage proposal, engagement, temporary marriage, modernity, dowry, inheritance, divorce and polygyny.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Try reading the quran rather than relying on project fear

You mean the rights you think should be equal, you have shown in the past that you do not afford me equal rights

Audie

Veteran Member
I apologize for my post being so long and rather messy but to me the thing about women being oppressed is very important. Oppression of women went on long before the Quran appeared and male translators supported it from their culture so translated and interpreted 4:34 as wife beating simply because they believed in it but Muhammad never beat His wife. The Word yo ‘walk away’ was not used although the Arabic word contained that meaning, because tye translatirs thought that the Quran supported it but in another passage violence towards women is forbidden so they got the translation wrong either by mistake or deliberately but it’s forbidden to be violent towards women so wife beating is an incorrect translation and interpretation.

Thanks for your patience and for quoting the Quran. It’s great we’re able to get into the real verses and not generalisations based on personal bias. You ask good questions.

As with the bible it says whatever a person
or society wants it to say.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
In what way?

Still the old cherry picking,

I will answer that when you can answer the literally hundreds of questions i have asked you that you considered not worth answering a mere female.

OHH... Stupid female actually answered didn't she?

sooda

Veteran Member
@Raymann , @Ellen Brown. @Shad

Still the old cherry picking,

I will answer that when you can answer the literally hundreds of questions i have asked you that you considered not worth answering a mere female.

OHH... Stupid female actually answered didn't she?

Cherry picking indeed!

The title of this thread is stupid and prejudicial.. What if I titled a thread "Why is Raymann so dangerous?"

sooda

Veteran Member
Top Ten Signs You're a Christian

10 - You vigorously deny the existence of thousands of gods claimed by other religions, but feel outraged when someone denies the existence of yours.

9 - You feel insulted and "dehumanized" when scientists say that people evolved from other life forms, but you have no problem with the Biblical claim that we were created from dirt.

8 - You laugh at polytheists, but you have no problem believing in a Triune God.

7 - Your face turns purple when you hear of the "atrocities" attributed to Allah, but you don't even flinch when hearing about how God/Jehovah slaughtered all the babies of Egypt in "Exodus" and ordered the elimination of entire ethnic groups in "Joshua" including women, children, and trees!

6 - You laugh at Hindu beliefs that deify humans, and Greek claims about gods sleeping with women, but you have no problem believing that the Holy Spirit impregnated Mary, who then gave birth to a man-god who got killed, came back to life and then ascended into the sky.

5 - You are willing to spend your life looking for little loopholes in the scientifically established age of Earth (few billion years), but you find nothing wrong with believing dates recorded by Bronze Age tribesmen sitting in their tents and guessing that Earth is a few generations old.

4 - You believe that the entire population of this planet with the exception of those who share your beliefs -- though excluding those in all rival sects - will spend Eternity in an infinite Hell of Suffering. And yet consider your religion the most "tolerant" and "loving."

3 - While modern science, history, geology, biology, and physics have failed to convince you otherwise, some idiot rolling around on the floor speaking in "tongues" may be all the evidence you need to "prove" Christianity.

2 - You define 0.01% as a "high success rate" when it comes to answered prayers. You consider that to be evidence that prayer works. And you think that the remaining 99.99% FAILURE was simply the will of God.

1 - You actually know a lot less than many atheists and agnostics do about the Bible, Christianity, and church history - but still call yourself a Christian..

Audie

Veteran Member
Most of the problems the West is facing today are due to our own monsters which we created. Because back then, someone said "we would be sorry" if we didn't.

That may be but I have no idea what you are talking about.
Plz if you can, be specific and make reference to my
post to which you originally responded.

charlie sc

I think every rational person can agree that, in today’s society, Islam is one of the most dangerous ideologies existing today.

Audie

Veteran Member
Whatever you say. Lol

If you are actually unaware of that, and think it is a joke,
you live in a complete fantasy world.

Look no firther than to those who say islam is a religion
of peace and those who jlined IS or did 911.

If that is not enough, both black slavery, and
antu slavery movements preached their sides
straight from the bible.