• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why is Islam so dangerous?

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
That may be but I have no idea what you are talking about.
Plz if you can, be specific and make reference to my
post to which you originally responded.

Your post to which I responded was this one:

When the west "pulls out" around the world and quits
disrupting every alliance that forms against it they
are going to sorry.

This was in response to post #17 in which I suggested that a possible solution to the situation painted by the OP was for the West to pull out of the MIddle East and leave those countries alone.

You realize, of course, that the argument you're making has been used by hawkish politicians for decades. "If we do X (or if we don't do X), then we will be sorry." It's been used to justify military adventurism all over the world, all because various agitators and doomsayers spread fear about how "sorry" we would be if we didn't do that.

In the context of this thread, we're talking about our Middle Eastern policies. As an example, there were those back in 1953 who thought "we would be sorry" if we didn't overthrow Mossadegh and install the Shah. Because of this projection based on speculation, we did indeed install the Shah of Iran, who ruled that country as a tyrant until 1979, when he himself was overthrown by Islamic fundamentalists. Iran has been a thorn in our side and a threat to stability in the region ever since. (Then, there was that arms for hostages deal which is a whole other story altogether.)

We have also supplied weapons and technologies to regimes which, in hindsight, don't appear all that reliable or loyal to Western interests (even as Western leaders wanted to portray them as our "friends"). 100 years ago, most of the region was technologically backward and undeveloped compared to the industrial West, but now we're worried that they could develop WMDs and become an even greater threat than they ever would have been if we had just left them alone.

Granted, most of these problems weren't really created by America, as other countries (such as Britain and France) had been traipsing all over the Middle East long before we ever came on the scene. (Of course, that was also the same for Africa and Asia, too.) But somehow, we felt the need to take responsibility, or else we might be "sorry."

But my question to you would be: How "sorry" can we possibly get?

You said that the West would be sorry if we pulled out of the Middle East, but what seems evident is that the people of that region spend more time fighting each other than mounting any serious offensive against the West. But we can still contain them without having to directly interfere.

We have technologies to keep a close eye on them, along with the ability to respond quickly if and when something does happen. We don't really need a permanent military presence or boots on the ground - unless we want to annex these territories and make them American colonies.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Well, if that's what you believe, that puts you in the same camp as Horowitz and Jihad Watch.
What "ideology" invaded Iraq?

What "ideology" tried to bail Enron out in Afghanistan?

IMO, the oligarchy that has sprung up throughout "the west" in recent decades is perhaps the biggest threat we face. I have posted about this many times on this forum.

But THIS thread is about Islam, and the existence of a horrific oligarchy does not excuse Islam.

The_Fisher_King

Trying to bring myself ever closer to Allah
Premium Member
I don't care much about religion.
I'm not against any religion, don't get me wrong.
I even believe religious people (Christians mainly because I grew up among them) are good people. They seem to be genuinely loving people.
I cannot speak much about other religions on a personal level because I don't make many friends that are not Christians or Atheists. Not my choice, it just happens that way.
Like many people, I have spent many hours researching on Islam after 9/11 happened.
I live in New York City so that was very close to me.
My research findings tell me Islam is a very dangerous religion.
The closer Islam gets to you the more dangerous it gets.
That seems to be a fact.
I know that Muslims are going to ask me to prove it from the scriptures and that is a ridiculous request.
There are 52 or 53 Muslim countries in the world and I can assure you that any of them has some sort of religious tension, wars or religious related violence in them.
I can quickly come up with links to prove it.
Most of the world is still Christian majority and today you rarely will find religion related violence in them.
The question is why?
Is there any hope that this pattern is going to change?
Is there some kind of Islamic reform possible?
Is war against Islam inevitable?

Check these Wikipedia pages for some evidence that reform is already underway:
Liberalism and progressivism within Islam - Wikipedia
Liberal and progressive Islam in Europe - Wikipedia
Liberal and progressive Islam in North America - Wikipedia

Islam is not one monolithic thing.

shmogie

CONSANGUINITY AMONG JEWS - JewishEncyclopedia.com
www.jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/4611-consanguinity-among-jews
By: Cyrus Adler, Joseph Jacobs. By another method W. Stieda found that there were 23.02 per cent per thousand consanguineous marriages among the Jews of Alsace-Lorraine as compared with 8.97 among Catholics and 1.86 among Protestants ("Die Eheschliessungen in Elsass-Lorhringen,
So, I guess your point is that if the Jews do something it is right for both they and the Muslims ? Moral equivalence ?

Shad

Veteran Member
@Raymann , @Ellen Brown. @Shad

Cherry picking indeed!

The title of this thread is stupid and prejudicial.. What if I titled a thread "Why is Raymann so dangerous?"

Very dangerous

iu

Raymann

Fyi, to claim my post was false implies i lied. I do not lie.

I didn't imply that you lie but that you're misinformed but knowing the truth and twisting the answer to hide the truth is a form of lying.

5% of Muslims are fundamentalists.
I think you will find that the figure is around 0.006%

Very reliable sources place that figure closer to 25% but I preferred to be conservative and leave it at 5%.
To be clear this figure shows the number of radical islamists and not the number of active terrorists.
An example are the followers of Anjem Choudary who supports the actions of ISIS but are not active terrorists themselves.
The number you show I assume only represents the number of active terrorists I supposed.

As for Christian terror groups, did you forget
LRA, anti-balaka, IRA kkk, anti abortionist, the army of god, NLFT, Phineas Priesthood, there are more

The IRA was not a religiously motivated group but rather political and it aimed at the liberation of Ireland from what they perceived to be imperialism from Britain.
Militarily they haven't been active for many decades now.

The KKK for your information is an ANTI CATHOLIC organization and I suppose you know Catholicism is the largest denomination of Christianity. To call it a Christian terrorist group is a BIG FAT LIE or an ignorant misrepresentation, your pick.

So you equate anti abortionists groups with ISIS, Boko Haram, and Al Qaeda?
How many abductions, beheadings or other atrocities have they committed?
None in my count other than causing some damage to some clinics but you might have some information I missed.

The rest of the groups you listed are mostly local groups fighting against oppression or injustice, anyway they are far from being at the level of the international threat that are ISIS, Al Qaeda, Boko Haram, etc.

Your attempt to somehow equate the danger coming from Islamic terrorism to Christian terrorism is laughable to say the least.

Shad

Veteran Member

Nope. IRA does not cite Bible verses in it's attacks, does not use the Bible for justification. It does not reference Jesus. It does not reference heretics or infidels. The IRA is a nationalist group not a religious one. More so if you want to look at who used religion it was the English Protestants not the Irish Catholics. Try again.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I didn't imply that you lie but that you're misinformed but knowing the truth and twisting the answer to hide the truth is a form of lying.

5% of Muslims are fundamentalists.

Very reliable sources place that figure closer to 25% but I preferred to be conservative and leave it at 5%.
To be clear this figure shows the number of radical islamists and not the number of active terrorists.
An example are the followers of Anjem Choudary who supports the actions of ISIS but are not active terrorists themselves.
The number you show I assume only represents the number of active terrorists I supposed.

The IRA was not a religiously motivated group but rather political and it aimed at the liberation of Ireland from what they perceived to be imperialism from Britain.
Militarily they haven't been active for many decades now.

The KKK for your information is an ANTI CATHOLIC organization and I suppose you know Catholicism is the largest denomination of Christianity. To call it a Christian terrorist group is a BIG FAT LIE or an ignorant misrepresentation, your pick.

So you equate anti abortionists groups with ISIS, Boko Haram, and Al Qaeda?
How many abductions, beheadings or other atrocities have they committed?
None in my count other than causing some damage to some clinics but you might have some information I missed.

The rest of the groups you listed are mostly local groups fighting against oppression or injustice, anyway they are far from being at the level of the international threat that are ISIS, Al Qaeda, Boko Haram, etc.

Your attempt to somehow equate the danger coming from Islamic terrorism to Christian terrorism is laughable to say the least.

Stating "this is false" to my statement is an implementation of lies.

Yoo obviously do not know the history of ireland. The motivation was sectarian, catholic v protestant

Protestants are still christian, look it up and learn. And
again the accusation lies, I am done with you

As a final note

It is estimated that during the last century christisns have been responsible for around 50 times the number of violent deaths than muslims

Last edited:

Shad

Veteran Member
Yoo obviously do not know the history of ireland. The motivation was sectarian, catholic v protestant

Nope it was a long history of English invasions, occupations and crimes dating back centuries. The motivate was never sectarian but independence from England. Your grasp of history, as always, is poor. Also you misidentify the radical religious element which was from the English Protestants not the Irish over the course of centuries.

It is estimated that during the last century christisns have been responsible for around 50 times the number of violent deaths than muslims

Do you know there is a difference between someone doing something in the name of X and someone that commits a crime that happens to be X.