• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why is Hillary Clinton still a target for Trump Supporters.

Should Hillary still be a target for Trump and his supporters?

• Yes

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 16 80.0%

• Total voters

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Hillary is no longer running for office, and she lost the election. Why is she still a target for Trump supporters who are unable to defend Trump's words/actions?

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
Hillary is no longer running for office, and she lost the election. Why is she still a target for Trump supporters who are unable to defend Trump's words/actions?
If someone knee jerks by attempting to compare the two, it is a lazy argument by default that holds little merit.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Hillary is a target because Trump, et al, have nothing else toward which to deflect all the attention they've been getting. Then there's Trump's bruised ego to deal with. Unable to accept the fact that more people voted for Hillary---a woman no less---than himself he feels compelled to denigrate her all the more. His supporters fall into line a repeat his self-serving attacks because they simply don't know any better.

Being a Trump supporter is nothing to be proud of.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member

For the same reason that the creationists' argument is to attack evolution. In both cases, you have nothing positive or constructive to offer of your own, so you attack the alternative.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Hillary is a target because Trump, et al, have nothing else toward which to deflect all the attention they've been getting. Then there's Trump's bruised ego to deal with. Unable to accept the fact that more people voted for Hillary---a woman no less---than himself he feels compelled to denigrate her all the more. His supporters fall into line a repeat his self-serving attacks because they simply don't know any better.
Thank goodness, clear thinking Democrats are here to help those deplorables see the error of their ways.
Being a Trump supporter is nothing to be proud of.
Seriously. They should be so very deeply ashamed for not voting for Saint Hillary. There should be laws against this sort of deeply flawed behavior.

idav

Being
Premium Member
Thank goodness, clear thinking Democrats are here to help those deplorables see the error of their ways.

Seriously. They should be so very deeply ashamed for not voting for Saint Hillary. There should be laws against this sort of deeply flawed behavior.
Voting should be something to be proud of, that being said nobody thinks they voted for a saint. However people do believe we voted for someone that represents our best interests.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Voting should be something to be proud of, that being said nobody thinks they voted for a saint. However people do believe we voted for someone that represents our best interests.
I would imagine most Trump supporters would echo your sentiments. At least Trump ain't Jeb. :)

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Trump's supporters really can't help themselves, can they?

Skwim makes a disparaging comment about them. Instead of pointing to the smooth rollout of the reform to Obamacare that the Republicans have been promising and working diligently towards since 2010, they deflect to "Saint Hillary".:rolleyes:
Tom

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Because they need a target that they can convince themselves to be morally on a lower ground than Trump himself.

Not an easy task, but they are where they are because they have managed the trick already.

Jesster

Friendly skeptic
Premium Member
I don't like Hillary (though that dislike pales in comparison to my feelings of Trump), but I let go of my thoughts about her quite a while ago. Until she runs for office again, I don't see any reason to waste my concerns on her.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Absolutely. ;)

Not ashamed at all. You don't shame people for being born blind.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member

They presume that every single person who has been critical of Trump must have fawned over Hillary, so in their mind it's their way of "getting back" at them. They believe that Hillary's loss is why people are critical of Trump, because it couldn't possibly be due to Trump falling far below any sensible person's standards when it comes to honesty and competence.

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
They believe that Hillary's loss is why people are critical of Trump, because it couldn't possibly be due to Trump falling far below any sensible person's standards when it comes to honesty and competence.
This is big and members on this forum are especially notorious for this. You see it on every single thread that even suggests the discussion of Trump's politics and policies. Regardless of voting records, seeing members being critical without succumbing to the lowest common denominator would be a welcomed change.

Nous

Premium Member
After the Terri Schiavo circus I wouldn't pick Jeb to run a lemon aid stand.
Offhand, I don't remember how Jeb was involved in that. But I guess he was advocating to not unplug her. How do you think Trump would handle such a situation if it happened today? That is, what would he Tweet about it?