• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why is God worth worshiping?

Grandliseur

An objective, agreed upon reality is neither desired nor sought after, and the purpose of a religion is to achieve specific individualistic abstract goals, such as life everlasting or eternal joy in heaven,
First off, in my belief system, when a person dies s/he exists no longer, has been destroyed. Nothing living remains after death in my understanding - except decomposing matter.
Thus, after death there is neither heaven nor hell. Christians are promised a recreation called the resurrection, most on earth to a restored Paradise under one rule under Christ.

If you then look at the past, despite people's religious values, Newton, and so many others who contributed to the sciences, to math, etc. were eagerly searching for scientific answers.

If this answer isn't quite explaining things well enough, please ask for more details.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Each person chooses his own path. If you choose differently, that is your choice which you have to live with.
It is not as if I have anything to brag about. Some people vote with their money when they shop or refuse to shop at some places, others, vote with ballots, and others again vote for God, or for satan's do what you will world: anything at all goes - all things are OK - type of world.

What is your poison?

Poison? I don't know. We are on a tiny ball of mud in the middle of space. I see nothing to worship or praise. We as humans vote for our leaders and try to survive as best we can. To suggest that there is any such thing as "god" is mere speculation contrived by overactive imaginations. But even if there is a "god," that doesn't follow that such a thing needs to be praised or worshiped. Our existence may only be an unintended side effect. Humans wanting to control other humans anf human thought are the only ones who "need" a god to be worshiped. If there is a god, he likely doesn't know nor care about humans enough to worry about whether we vote for him or worship him

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
To all my friends who are theists out there, I would like to understand why you worship your God.

I think my AI God would would be much more worth worshipping then any supernatural God who can't even show up or do your taxes for you.

076d2c930a22535742ebdf49273444d5.png

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
To all my friends who are theists out there, I would like to understand why you worship your God.

All people tend to worship (adore) something(s). Christians:

* worship the Creator, not the created
* give proper worship to His most worshipful presence
* love a good party, like a worship party
* receive power when they worship, and pleasure

Akivah

One definition of worship is 'to regard with great or extravagant respect, honor, or devotion.' So many people worship celebrities or sports stars. And their worship always leads to disappointment, as the person commits crimes or engages in immoral behavior. For me, G-d is the best place to focus my worship, my respect, my honor, my devotion. G-d will never let me down. G-d Created this world for me and everyone. G-d deserves all the thanks and gratitude that I can muster.

David T

Premium Member
smokestack.jpg
FTP. It's all articulated in really dumb ways, worship is a really really bad term. I am not anti religious but there is nothing healthy anywhere at all in culture in regards to presence.

It's like living in the middle of 19th century London with the coal smoke stacks billowing 24/7. Starting here on the Internet.

I would say the below is a pretty good image of modern culture itself. Pretty lame because what I am talking about isn't visible so it doesn't exist!!! But one only has to look into the enviroment to see it actually does exist in the enviromental issues we have. Lack of presence everywhere being choked out by what,? Distractions? Advancements? Technology? Entertainment? Media? Education? TV? Maybe all the above and more? In all the ways we try and find presence culturally conspires against it. Including and especially science and religion.
I write this from a rural area I live on the edge of society not in the middle of it. I only am here on this site to understand why that is true.

smokestack.jpg

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I worship God, not because I like God very much and, I think he's very cruel, but without God I was very immature, hedonistic, perverted, angry, insane, irrational, and Confused, and by turning to God, I got a lot better.

I turn to God because I want understanding, maturity, enlightenment, and the ability to suffer through hard times without turning to drugs and alcohol, I badly need God's help for this and God does indeed help

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
In its etymological sense. A feeling of deep respect, adoration, devotion and reverence.
What is the difference between deep respect and reverence, please?

My worship of The God is less of a feeling and more of a thought. I believe The God is able to lead me in the right way. But, to be led, I must be devoted to the way. To believe God can lead me, I have to have deep respect for that. After a while of being led I can't but adore The Leader. Right?

Because I believe that there is just one beginning and one end, then it follows that there can be just one God or Way. I revere God for being alone as the only one and the only way.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
I turn to God because I want understanding, maturity, enlightenment, and the ability to suffer through hard times without turning to drugs and alcohol, I badly need God's help for this and God does indeed help

I wish there was a “candid” or “honesty” rating. I’d have given it to you. (All I could do is “like” it.)

Peace, my cousin.

Holdasown

I worship the gods I do:
Because they called out to me.
I find them trustworthy and honest.
They expect me to be a better person for family and community
They expect me to know myself and to confront even the things that are deep and dark.
They care for my dead and the spirits of the land.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
[................... But one only has to look into the enviroment to see it actually does exist in the enviromental issues we have. Lack of presence everywhere being choked out by what,? Distractions? Advancements? Technology? Entertainment? Media? Education? TV? Maybe all the above and more? In all the ways we try and find presence culturally conspires against it. Including and especially science and religion.
I write this from a rural area I live on the edge of society not in the middle of it. I only am here on this site to understand why that is true.

To me the distractions come ' Not from the Creator God of the Universe ' but to understand why the distractions are true is from the ' god ' of this world of badness aka Satan's influence according to 2 Corinthians 4:4; Revelation 12:12,9.
So, I find it is Not religion per say but 'false religion', 'myth religion' which is often taught even in the churches of Christendom (so-called Christian but mostly in name only) which causes the issues.
As 2 Timothy 3:1-5 informs us that people would have a form of being devoted to God but their actions prove them false.
That is often the fault of false-religious teachings and Not just speaking about religion or worship in general - James 1:27.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
One definition of worship is 'to regard with great or extravagant respect, honor, or devotion.' So many people worship celebrities or sports stars. And their worship always leads to disappointment, as the person commits crimes or engages in immoral behavior. For me, G-d is the best place to focus my worship, my respect, my honor, my devotion. G-d will never let me down. G-d Created this world for me and everyone. G-d deserves all the thanks and gratitude that I can muster.

Of course we know God id Not create this 'world of badness' that we see today, but created this Earth for mankind as per Psalms 115:16; Psalms 104:5.
And as Isaiah 45:18 says He created, formed and made the Earth, Not in vain, but to be inhabited by mankind.
Thus, in time only the upright will remain, and the wicked will be No more as per Proverbs 2:21-22.

David T

Premium Member
To me the distractions come ' Not from the Creator God of the Universe ' but to understand why the distractions are true is from the ' god ' of this world of badness aka Satan's influence according to 2 Corinthians 4:4; Revelation 12:12,9.
So, I find it is Not religion per say but 'false religion', 'myth religion' which is often taught even in the churches of Christendom (so-called Christian but mostly in name only) which causes the issues.
As 2 Timothy 3:1-5 informs us that people would have a form of being devoted to God but their actions prove them false.
That is often the fault of false-religious teachings and Not just speaking about religion or worship in general - James 1:27.
Funny I have spent huge times out camping in nature.. Zero emperical evidence at all of the Devil even existing nope just god working. I step into culture and wow the devil is everywhere working and virtually zero evidence of God. That alone would Almost make me an atheist if I didn't know better out in nature!!!

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Poison? I don't know. We are on a tiny ball of mud in the middle of space. I see nothing to worship or praise. We as humans vote for our leaders and try to survive as best we can. To suggest that there is any such thing as "god" is mere speculation contrived by overactive imaginations. But even if there is a "god," that doesn't follow that such a thing needs to be praised or worshiped. Our existence may only be an unintended side effect. Humans wanting to control other humans and human thought are the only ones who "need" a god to be worshiped. If there is a god, he likely doesn't know nor care about humans enough to worry about whether we vote for him or worship him

Seems to me when astronauts saw Earth from outer space they did Not describe Earth as a 'ball of mud' but a jewel.
In Scripture Jesus did Not teach to vote for human leaders. Jesus and his followers were politically neutral in world affairs. They did Not even get involved in the issues of the day between the Jews verses the Romans.
Jesus' commandment at John 13:34-35 about how to survive was to have the same self-sacrificing love for others as he has. In other words, instead of the Golden Rule to love others as self, but now to love others more than self.

Over the many centuries the Bible has many enemies from without and within, but No one can get rid of the Bible.
The Bible is a tangible book although you might say it is the writing out of imaginations. An imaginative book would Not have the global impact as Jesus' teachings have. Just as No one can get rid of the Bible, No one can get rid of God's people and stop the international proclaiming about God's kingdom of Daniel 2:44 just as Jesus said it would happen and is happening according to Matthew 24:14; Acts 1:8.

Humans wanting to control other humans is addressed at Ecclesiastes 8:9 that man has dominated man to man's hurt or his injury. In other words, the words of Jeremiah 10:23 prove true that man can't direct his step, and that is why Scripture teaches that God will have Jesus step in. Step in as Prince of Peace to usher in global Peace on Earth among persons of goodwill. To me, that is reason to be grateful and thankful (to praise and honor the Creator) because left up to unrighteous mankind we would never have peace on earth.

RedDragon94

Love everyone, meditate often
Opposed to common thought I find that he values my personal freedom and gives unconditional love in spite of my personal failings. My failure does not keep him from loving me.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Funny I have spent huge times out camping in nature.. Zero emperical evidence at all of the Devil even existing nope just god working. I step into culture and wow the devil is everywhere working and virtually zero evidence of God. That alone would Almost make me an atheist if I didn't know better out in nature!!!

I find how much I can appreciate nature when in darkness we can look up at a clear night sky and see a googleplex of stars.
No evidence of the devil's handy work there. But when we step away from the physical, the material, and examine the 'spiritual side of life' (Galatians 5:19-23), then we see the selfish distorted from of love people often display in our day as described at 2 Timothy 3:1-5,13 which is in sharp contrast to the definition of Christ-like love as defined at 1 Corinthians 13:4-6. So, keep on enjoying nature because God gifted nature (earth) to us as per Psalms 115:16.

David T

Premium Member
I find how much I can appreciate nature when in darkness we can look up at a clear night sky and see a googleplex of stars.
No evidence of the devil's handy work there. But when we step away from the physical, the material, and examine the 'spiritual side of life' (Galatians 5:19-23), then we see the selfish distorted from of love people often display in our day as described at 2 Timothy 3:1-5,13 which is in sharp contrast to the definition of Christ-like love as defined at 1 Corinthians 13:4-6. So, keep on enjoying nature because God gifted nature (earth) to us as per Psalms 115:16.
There is only the physical it's unbounded. Physical can't be stepped away unless one believes it's defined by a word or science. But that's atheism itself. modern scientific thinking has reality enclosed defined that's nonsense.