• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Is God Invisible And Where Does He Live?

james bond

One of the theories of creation scientists is that we do not see God because he lives in another dimension. The dimensions that we know that exist are the current three dimensions and the fourth dimension of time. To show how someone or something that exists in a higher dimension can be invisible to those in a lower dimension, we use flatland.

One of interesting scientific theories scientists are pursuing with LHC is what happens to the graviton. The reason is gravity is the weakest forces in the universe compared to electromagnetic force, strong force, weak force. Here is what theorizes happens to to the graviton.

060531_graviton_hmed_3p.gif

An animated image shows a collision between two subatomic particles embedded in our 3-D universe (or "brane"). The collision produces other particles, including a graviton that escapes from our brane into the extradimensional "bulk" that lies beyond.

Physicists probe the fifth dimension

Extra dimensions, gravitons, and tiny black holes | CERN

Creation scientists think think M-theory can be applied to many situtations including the supernatural, so are building the M-theory supernatural model. What the M stood for was never explained founder Edward Witten in 1995. The creationists like to think it stands for miracles.

"Once upon a time parallel universes were an unacceptable topic in physics. It was a topic that resulted in ridicule, partly because of the inherent difficulty in testing such a model but also because it extended from a philosophical position of naturalism. The tendency was to see our universe as all the ever was, and all that ever will be, so the notion that there was anything outside our universe simply came too close to religion for the taste of some. M-theory has changed that by bringing the idea of parallel universes into the mainstream of physics.

Since the supernatural can be considered as anything from outside our universe, the direct interactions between anything and anyone from outside our universe by definition are supernatural events. In fact the event where Christ appeared to his disciples in a locked room can be easily understood in terms of Christ being able move his resurrected body through higher dimensions since the room would be open to those. So by using parallel universes M-theory blurs the line between natural and supernatural. This not only provides a scientific door to the supernatural but it also provides a physical theory for possibly modeling such events in a testable manner.

The Bible mentions several places that in our current form are both unseen and unreachable. In 2 Corinthians 12:2 the Apostle Paul speaks of being “caught up to the third heaven”. The third heaven seems to be the place where believers go at death. While there is no specific mention of a second heaven, it is implied by the reference to the third heaven. Since what we call space is called heaven in Genesis 1, it is likely our universe is the first heaven; this is supported by Revelation 21:1. It is likely the second heaven is where angels and demons do their thing; in any case that realm is both unseen and unreachable. The Bible also mentions two other places: hell and the lake of fire, they too in our current form are both unseen and unreachable. In M-theory all of these unseen and unreachable places could be on separate branes. Furthermore M-theory shows how these different branes can interact, thus allowing the spiritual world and ours to interact."

M-theory - CreationWiki, the encyclopedia of creation science

james bond

A little background on its founder Edward Whitten.

"Physics Titan Still Thinks String Theory Is "On the Right Track"
At a 1990 conference on cosmology, I asked attendees, who included folks like Stephen Hawking, Michael Turner, James Peebles, Alan Guth and Andrei Linde, to nominate the smartest living physicist.

At a 1990 conference on cosmology, I asked attendees, who included folks like Stephen Hawking, Michael Turner, James Peebles, Alan Guth and Andrei Linde, to nominate the smartest living physicist. Edward Witten got the most votes (with Steven Weinberg the runner-up). Some considered Witten to be in the same league as Einstein and Newton. Witten was and is famous for his work on string theory, which unifies quantum mechanics and relativity and holds that all of nature's forces—including gravity--stem from infinitesimal particles wriggling in a hyperspace consisting of many extra dimensions."

Physics Titan Still Thinks String Theory Is "On the Right Track"

David T

Premium Member
One of the theories of creation scientists is that we do not see God because he lives in another dimension. The dimensions that we know that exist are the current three dimensions and the fourth dimension of time. To show how someone or something that exists in a higher dimension can be invisible to those in a lower dimension, we use flatland.

One of interesting scientific theories scientists are pursuing with LHC is what happens to the graviton. The reason is gravity is the weakest forces in the universe compared to electromagnetic force, strong force, weak force. Here is what theorizes happens to to the graviton.

An animated image shows a collision between two subatomic particles embedded in our 3-D universe (or "brane"). The collision produces other particles, including a graviton that escapes from our brane into the extradimensional "bulk" that lies beyond.

Creation scientists think think M-theory can be applied to many situtations including the supernatural, so are building the M-theory supernatural model. What the M stood for was never explained founder Edward Witten in 1995. The creationists like to think it stands for miracles.

"Once upon a time parallel universes were an unacceptable topic in physics. It was a topic that resulted in ridicule, partly because of the inherent difficulty in testing such a model but also because it extended from a philosophical position of naturalism. The tendency was to see our universe as all the ever was, and all that ever will be, so the notion that there was anything outside our universe simply came too close to religion for the taste of some. M-theory has changed that by bringing the idea of parallel universes into the mainstream of physics.

Since the supernatural can be considered as anything from outside our universe, the direct interactions between anything and anyone from outside our universe by definition are supernatural events. In fact the event where Christ appeared to his disciples in a locked room can be easily understood in terms of Christ being able move his resurrected body through higher dimensions since the room would be open to those. So by using parallel universes M-theory blurs the line between natural and supernatural. This not only provides a scientific door to the supernatural but it also provides a physical theory for possibly modeling such events in a testable manner.

The Bible mentions several places that in our current form are both unseen and unreachable. In 2 Corinthians 12:2 the Apostle Paul speaks of being “caught up to the third heaven”. The third heaven seems to be the place where believers go at death. While there is no specific mention of a second heaven, it is implied by the reference to the third heaven. Since what we call space is called heaven in Genesis 1, it is likely our universe is the first heaven; this is supported by Revelation 21:1. It is likely the second heaven is where angels and demons do their thing; in any case that realm is both unseen and unreachable. The Bible also mentions two other places: hell and the lake of fire, they too in our current form are both unseen and unreachable. In M-theory all of these unseen and unreachable places could be on separate branes. Furthermore M-theory shows how these different branes can interact, thus allowing the spiritual world and ours to interact."

Reductionism leads to other dimensions as being primary. So if you want to see how fantasy driven and confused reduction is all one has to look at is creationism. Religious debates are reductive arguements arguing reductively with other reductionists in how the care engine works and that's about it. Its nonsense and just confused and not very bright although it can be clever.

Native

Free Natural Philosopher & Comparative Mythologist
One of the theories of creation scientists is that we do not see God because he lives in another dimension.
Our ancestors saw gods and goddesses all over the place - and they did´t differ between any dimensions.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You want to see God? That's easy. Open your eyes. You don't need M-Theory to do that. Just open them and look.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
I think this expanded view of the universe also gets at the answer to where do spirits, angels, souls, afterlife planes, etc. exist.

VioletVortex

Most reasonable theists do not believe that deities exist in a physical form, at least within our dimension. Some believe that a god is an omnipresent force, an archetype, a centrally located force, an extraplanetary or extradimensional entity etc.

I was just reading today about the Setian Theory of Forms. This is the theory that Setians use to express the truth behind theism. The Theory of Forms points out the difference between material and form. "Form" is synonymous with essence or "character" in this case. Think about a wave. A wave is a concept or an essential entity, not a physical one. When a wave moves in towards the shore, it is not made of the same exact material as it was at its source. The water was constantly being replaced throughout the wave's course. Yet, it is still the same wave, the same "thing". That is what form, or essence is. The same applies to the radiating field of consciousness. The energy is constantly being dissipated and replaced, but it is still the same entity because of its form.

My theism is sort of a mix between the above and the concept of extradimensional theism. I think that "forms" exist as material on other dimensional planes.

VioletVortex

God is invisible. 1 Timothy 1:17
God is spirit. John 4:24

View attachment 16882

Even with a particle collider, you can't see God.

No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us. 1 John 4:12

I will argue with that by saying that deities, at the very least, can manifest themselves subjectively, or in some cases, objectively, on a psychological or hallucinogenic level. I also think that objectively visible energetic manifestation is possible in rare cases of leaks between dimensions.

I have seen what I think was a manifestation of a Demon or Alf-something relatable to Amdusias from the Ars Goetia.

MJFlores

I will argue with that by saying that deities, at the very least, can manifest themselves subjectively, or in some cases, objectively, on a psychological or hallucinogenic level. I also think that objectively visible energetic manifestation is possible in rare cases of leaks between dimensions.

I have seen what I think was a manifestation of a Demon or Alf-something relatable to Amdusias from the Ars Goetia.

hallucinogenic level?
upload_2017-4-24_8-27-48.jpeg

That's high man!

People have been meditating for millennia. There is a reason for this.
Through this discipline, it is possible to shut down the mind so completely that Reality snaps suddenly into perception.
This is what Spiritual Enlightenment is.
Very, very few ever achieve it.
Because to do so, it is indistinguishable from death.
And who has the courage to voluntarily die while simultaneously being alive enough to seek God?

Truth is: God is everywhere, all the time, in plain sight, unsuspected and unrecognized.
It is precisely because people expect God to be recognizable to them, that they so routinely fail to perceive God.

God is. That's that. You can believe anything you like. But nothing but you is changed by whatever it is you believe.

VioletVortex

People have been meditating for millennia. There is a reason for this.
Through this discipline, it is possible to shut down the mind so completely that Reality snaps suddenly into perception.
This is what Spiritual Enlightenment is.
Very, very few ever achieve it.
Because to do so, it is indistinguishable from death.
And who has the courage to voluntarily die while simultaneously being alive enough to seek God?

Truth is: God is everywhere, all the time, in plain sight, unsuspected and unrecognized.
It is precisely because people expect God to be recognizable to them, that they so routinely fail to perceive God.

God is. That's that. You can believe anything you like. But nothing but you is changed by whatever it is you believe.

You summarized it well. Theism is more philosophical than it is scientific. It's more about philosophical theory.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member

What I find really puzzling is that you guys venture in speculative science and naturalism to explain things relating to God and the supernatural, as if God needed a physical explanation for anything He does, to start with.

You make me miss the old "God did it, for He can do everything".

Ciao

- viole

james bond

Extra dimensions do not prove or suggest god.

This is where we come to the classic chicken or egg type argument. From creation science, we know that the chicken came first.

Believer: So, how did these dimensions get there?

Non-Believer: It just occurs in nature.

Believer: It seems well designed and there are signs of intelligence. I can't see how these dimensions and properties or something like that could just come together.

Non-Believer: Believe me. It happens.

Believer (mutters to herself): It does not. Nothing will make them believe.

It does in creation science and that's what I am suggesting here. I got more in my 4th dimension or Tesseract thread as I'm still learning about the extra dimensions.

james bond

God is invisible. 1 Timothy 1:17
God is spirit. John 4:24

View attachment 16882

Even with a particle collider, you can't see God.

No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us. 1 John 4:12

Ha ha. This is funny. I see God in your picture there. Thank you. It's a great example.

>>No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us. 1 John 4:12<<

Interesting. You quote the New Testament?
In the Old Testament, God appeared to Adam and Eve, Cain, Abraham, Moses, Solomon and more to name some of the biggees. How did this happen?

Last edited:

james bond

Reductionism leads to other dimensions as being primary. So if you want to see how fantasy driven and confused reduction is all one has to look at is creationism. Religious debates are reductive arguements arguing reductively with other reductionists in how the care engine works and that's about it. Its nonsense and just confused and not very bright although it can be clever.

How about if I just reduce your post, so I can't see it anymore?