• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why is Christ's sacrifice needed?

area28

Someone posted a thread about Jesus' sacrifice being, in their view, the "biggest problem of Christianity".
I thought I'd reply with a thread containing a link that helps to explain it.

No one can grasp the reason behind Jesus' sacrifice, without first recognizing the position that Adam, as our forefather, put all of us in: growing old, getting sick, and then dying. (This was not God's purpose for mankind.) We inherited sin from Adam and Eve. And 'sin leads to death.' --Romans 5:12; Romans 6:23

Keeping this in mind, here's a link providing information to think about:

Jehovah Provides “a Ransom in Exchange for Many” — Watchtower ONLINE LIBRARY

Christus Victor model of the atonement ...... simple

God does not need to do it any certain way, unless one thinks something is greater than God which conditions God or pushes God to do things a certain way only. God is free. So if there is any such law in place, God can freely change it or do anything in any way freely. There is no authority or law over God only under and authored by God. Who agrees and disagrees with this and why? I'm just curious, thank you.

joelr

I don't follow Christian faith as a Christian
I don't read Genesis as a tale of condemnation

I do find it noteworthy.....sin.....in another language means....
without

so....we are born in sin

we are born without God

salvation is found in the parables.....no where else

It isn't needed at all. It's just a remnant from all of the other mythologies where someone or something has to be sacrificed to please the sky-god.
Often times the people would consume the remains of the sacrificed to gain their powers, youth, vitality or whatever.
We see echos of this in the Catholic communion -eating the body and blood of the person killed.