• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why is cain not mentioned in the geneology of Adam?

S-word

The geneology of the mother of Jesus, mary, goes all the way back to adam, not josephs. Jesus was in the spiritual geneology of abraham, and physical geneology of mary.

Considering we have just read from Genesis 10: 32; "All these peoples are the descendants of Noah, nation by nation, according to their lines of descent.

After the flood all the nations of the earth were the descendant of the sons of Noah who was a descendant of Adam from whom every person who has lived or will every live has descended, then you can't be too far wrong Heneni.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Cain has got his entire own genealogy set completely independent of Adams. Seth was included into Adams. You have yet to explain why Cains genealogy which is there in Genesis, yet it is totally separated from Adams and Seths. The only logical reason to put Cains genealogy there and not in Adams is obvious.

You seem to do fine linking Cain to Adam when the genealogy says otherwise. If Cains genealogy was not listed in the Bible at all I would agree with you, and there would be no conversation at all about it. But the fact is that it is listed completely independent of Adams genealogy which is highly suspect, considering they had no problems listing Seth under Adam's.

You obviously would not accept two seed teachings if God came down Himself, slapped you in the face, and told you Adam was not Cains father. Which is fine, believe what you will. And I will believe what I will, and let the chips fall where they may. :angel2:

As you have shown what a fine biblical scholar you are, please show us chapter and verse where the Serpent (Satan) "knew" Eve. Or, since the father is usually mentioned in the genealogy, where the Serpent (Satan) "begat" Cain?
Not what you consider "highly suspect", but the actual text of what you claim to be true.
Or you could tell us from which biblical scholar this idea originated.

Heneni

Miss Independent
As you have shown what a fine biblical scholar you are, please show us chapter and verse where the Serpent (Satan) "knew" Eve. Or, since the father is usually mentioned in the genealogy, where the Serpent (Satan) "begat" Cain?
Not what you consider "highly suspect", but the actual text of what you claim to be true.

I have to admit, when i first encountered the theory that the fruit eve ate was actually sexual intercourse with satan, it sort of made sense. For three seconds. Because in the forth i realised that adam had to have had sexual relations with satan as well, since eve gave him some of it to eat as well....and not only that...but if the fruit represented sexual intercourse or relations of some kind than adam and eve has sexual experiences from every tree they ate from because they could eat from all of them. Except one.

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
How were they trying to work their way around salavation through the tower?

They actually tried to build a tower tall enough so that they could climb a physical stairway to Heaven. Thus trying to eliminate salvation through Christ.

Enoch07

Premium Member

Genesis 3: 1-7

Serpent is another name for Satan. It is not a talking snake. There is no Satan begot Cain because Satan is not human. The proof that Adam was not his father is because Cain is not in Adams genealogy.

Heneni your right about the fruit. It was a three way so to speak. Whether Satan directly had sex with Adam I do not think. But yeah it got vulgar. Which is why in Genesis 3 : 7 , when Adam and Eve heard God approaching they gathered fig leaves to cover their private parts. Hence they was ashamed of the sexual act, and tried to hide it from God.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Genesis 3: 1-7

3:1 Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?
3:2
And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden: 3:3 But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die. 3:4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: 3:5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil. 3:6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.
3:7
And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.

Here are the verses, where is the evidence of the Serpent Seed?

Serpent is another name for Satan. It is not a talking snake. There is no Satan begot Cain because Satan is not human.

So, there is no Satan begot because Satan is not human, yet you claim he is the father of Cain?
The proof that Adam was not his father is because Cain is not in Adams genealogy.

Genesis 4:1 And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD.

I know, already addressed. But you keep bringing it up.

Heneni your right about the fruit. It was a three way so to speak. Whether Satan directly had sex with Adam I do not think. But yeah it got vulgar. Which is why in Genesis 3 : 7 , when Adam and Eve heard God approaching they gathered fig leaves to cover their private parts. Hence they was ashamed of the sexual act, and tried to hide it from God.

Really, I got to know, where do you get this from?

Enoch07

Premium Member
The conception in Genesis 4 :1 was of Abel. She just happened to birth Cain first. She thanked God because at the time of Cain and Abel's birth even she did not know Satan was the father. She thought Adam was the father. Ask any doctor in the world it is possible for a woman to conceive 2 different children from 2 different people at the same time. They will tell you it is possible. Now with that part known, do you think any woman who has conceived 2 different children from 2 different men would know which child belongs to which man? Of course not. Nobody knew that Satan was Cains father except for God at that time. That is until Cain murdered Abel out of jealousy, then everyone else finally caught on.

Serpent seed is not a teaching of man. There is no 1 man who came up with the teachings. It has been passed down by word of mouth generation after generation since the Garden of Eden. There is only 1 church that officially teaches it in the whole world in this day. Though the only 2 churches that Christ approved of Smyrna and Philadelphia , teach that we should beware of the Kenites and who the false Christ is.

The false Christ comes from the line of the Kenites. The father of the Kenites ultimately is Satan. The Anti-Christ or false Christ is Satan.

Last edited:

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
The conception in Genesis 4 :1 was of Abel. She just happened to birth Cain first. She thanked God because at the time of Cain and Abel's birth even she did not know Satan was the father. She thought Adam was the father. Ask any doctor in the world it is possible for a woman to conceive 2 different children from 2 different people at the same time. They will tell you it is possible. Now with that part known, do you think any woman who has conceived 2 different children from 2 different men would know which child belongs to which man? Of course not. Nobody knew that Satan was Cains father except for God at that time. That is until Cain murdered Abel out of jealousy, then everyone else finally caught on.

The possibility does not make it so.
So you claim they were both in the womb at the same time. Twins. You would think this would be worth mentioning in the scripture itself.
As in Jacob and Esau, or Perez and Zerah.
You have yet to produce any scriptural evidence of your claim. Only speculation.

Serpent seed is not a teaching of man. There is no 1 man who came up with the teachings. It has been passed down by word of mouth generation after generation since the Garden of Eden.

Really? Do you have evidence of this?

There is only 1 church that officially teaches it in the whole world in this day. Though the only 2 churches that Christ approved of Smyrna and Philadelphia , teach that we should beware of the Kenites and who the false Christ is.

Shepard's Chapel?

Enoch07

Premium Member
They were in the womb at the same time. Genesis 4:2 proves it. Gen 4:2 is happening directly after 4:1, if there was time in between it would have been noted by a "And Adam knew his wife again and begot Abel", but this is not true, because it is not in the bible.

Genesis 4:1 Now Adam knew Eve his wife, and she conceived and bore Cain, and said, "I have acquired a man from the Lord."

Genesis 4:2 Then she bore again, this time his brother Abel. Now Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was tiller of the ground.

What evidence are you wanting proved with scripture, because so far all of it has been here in the first few pages of Genesis. Genesis 4:2 is showing us that Abel and Cain they were brothers of the same womb yet completely of different of each other.

I can't submit evidence of a word of mouth teaching. The fact that only a very small minority have ever heard it should be proof enough. And Yes Shepard's Chapel is the only official church I have ever heard of to teach serpent seed. My views vary from Shephards Chapel slightly, but it is similar.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
They were in the womb at the same time. Genesis 4:2 proves it. Gen 4:2 is happening directly after 4:1, if there was time in between it would have been noted by a "And Adam knew his wife again and begot Abel", but this is not true, because it is not in the bible.

Genesis 4:1 Now Adam knew Eve his wife, and she conceived and bore Cain, and said, "I have acquired a man from the Lord."

Genesis 4:2 Then she bore again, this time his brother Abel. Now Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was tiller of the ground.

What evidence are you wanting proved with scripture, because so far all of it has been here in the first few pages of Genesis. Genesis 4:2 is showing us that Abel and Cain they were brothers of the same womb yet completely of different of each other.

So...Since the Bible never tells us Lamech "knew" either of his wives, Jabel and Jubal were not his sons? And neither was Tubalcain or his sister Naamah not Lamechs true daughter?

And since the verses are close, with no gaps, we are to assume that all four were born at the same time?

Very weak evidence indeed.

I can't submit evidence of a word of mouth teaching. The fact that only a very small minority have ever heard it should be proof enough.

Your proof is that few know.....OK:no:
And Yes Shepard's Chapel is the only official church I have ever heard of to teach serpent seed. My views vary from Shephards Chapel slightly, but it is similar.

Thank you, now I understand better where you are coming from.

Enoch07

Premium Member
I don't see you posting scripture so you are just assuming. You are showing no evidence to prove otherwise. Just assumptions.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
I don't see you posting scripture so you are just assuming. You are showing no evidence to prove otherwise. Just assumptions.
The burden of proof is on you, you are the one who is making the extraordinary claims.
I did not post the verses, because I thought you, as an expert in Genesis, would know exactly what I was referencing.
My mistake, it is true, I assumed you knew that of which you spoke. I will refrain from making that assumption about you in the future.

Enoch07

Premium Member
I have listed verses with my understanding of them. You have done nothing to refute it but assume. Genesis is enough proof for me. If you want to prove me wrong, which I know you do, then the burden of proof is on you.

Heneni

Miss Independent
If abel and cain were twins and cain was fathered by satan and abel was fathered by adam, and both grew in eve at the same time...whats the likelyhood of that being medically possible?

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
I have listed verses with my understanding of them. You have done nothing to refute it but assume. Genesis is enough proof for me. If you want to prove me wrong, which I know you do, then the burden of proof is on you.

I am not the one making extraordinary claims here.

Enoch07

Premium Member
Your not making any claims. You just want an excuse to argue. So if you can commit on the topic which is : Why Cain is not mentioned in the genealogy of Adam? Then go for it. I have listed the reason why I think Cain is not in Adams genealogy and it holds water. No one has provided good enough evidence to refute my claim as of yet. So fire away!

Heneni

Miss Independent
Your not making any claims. You just want an excuse to argue. So if you can commit on the topic which is : Why Cain is not mentioned in the genealogy of Adam? Then go for it. I have listed the reason why I think Cain is not in Adams genealogy and it holds water. No one has provided good enough evidence to refute my claim as of yet. So fire away!​

It could very well just be a coincidence. If i had ten children and one of those childrens geneology went straight back to Prince charles, i might not have to list all the children and all their childrens children to prove that.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
If abel and cain were twins and cain was fathered by satan and abel was fathered by adam, and both grew in eve at the same time...whats the likelyhood of that being medically possible?

Heteropaternal superfecundation (Separate fertilization in the same womb) has been involved in 2.4% of paternity suits since 1994.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Obviously Cains line does not directly lead to Noah. Cains direct line is destroyed in the flood so is unimportant to the writers of the OT.
Seths does.
What of the other children of Adam and Eve? Where is their line?
Their lines are not included, nor are their conceptions or births as they are not important to the story being told.
This is a common theme in the OT. Only those important to the story being told are followed. Others are left to the wayside.
So, of Adam and Eves children, only the first three are mentioned, as they are a central part of the story being told. Cains line is destroyed. No use including it in the story. His tale of murder is done.

Heneni

Miss Independent
Heteropaternal superfecundation (Separate fertilization in the same womb) has been involved in 2.4% of paternity suits since 1994.

Alright so it is medically possible. Still i dont think that it proves that eve had sexual relations with the devil. Besides she would have commited adultery then, and therefore adam would not have stuck by her but left her. Isnt that what god says a man or a women can do? Divorce on the grounds of sexual adultery? We dont hear from eve again after she concieved seth, but it is safe to say that she and adam were still together after the death of abel to have seth, and therefore i dont believe that she committed adultery with satan.

Heneni