• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why is being gay considered wrong?

Draka

Wonder Woman
Cold Stone said:
And Turk, we are in agreement over one thing atleast. YOu are absolutely not skilled in debating and I would probably add, articulate thinking. : ) But If i can help you express better your pagan thoughts, let me know what I can do for service. My desire is for you as a pagan and the other pagans on here like my feminist sister Draka, to become as consistent as you can in your thinking and worldview.
By the way...as an added thought here. don't presume to know him or his "lack of skill in articulate thinking":149: . You don't know him at all. I don't think he needs any help from you in expressing his "pagan thoughts" and he is quite consistent in his views, thank you. You are certainly consistent in your insults and they need to stop.

P.S. - Please don't call me your "sister". I want no mock relation to you, spiritually or otherwise.:tsk:

Mike182

Flaming Queer
Cold-Stone said:
though I totally agree that you are corrupt (as your name says). Homosexuality is a corrupt practice. So there should be no problem.
thought id deal with this one on its own

WHAT????

let me explain my name to you (as i think i have done in my intro post)

my name is preist because i believe in universal preisthood, and i love to preach to people who are willing to listen to me

the first part of my name is "corrupt" because many of my views would be conciderd contrivercial by many other christians (such as your self)

however this does not make me a corrupt person, i dont believe there is such a thing as a corrupt person, no one can sink so far down and become so corrupt that they loose all sense of humanity, i just dont think it is possible

you have no legs to stand on by saying homosexuality is a corrupt practise! where does it say that? 1corinthians6:9 and romans1! well ive refuted those in another thread, if you care to step up i will happily refute them again as verses to condemn homosexuality because they quite simply do not!

i will not lower myself to any personal remarks as i feel it would be innappropriate - no matter how badly i think of you

C_P

Mike182

Flaming Queer
Cold-Stone said:
Now of course, my system of thought allows the person to be helped (saved) from the psycological disorder or paganism and homosexuality. That's what the gospel is all about. That's why my system calls the core teaching of it's philosophy "Good News."
now then, what do we have here? homosexuality and pagansim are psychological disorders

need i remind you that you are on a RELIGIOUS forum? ie, a forum for all religions - where it would wholly innappropriate to say such a thing! so tell me, im thoroughly intruiged, how was i psychologically impaired into thinking i am gay? tell me, how did this happen? to put forth such a theory you need what we like to call in the real world - evidence

your brother in christ

C_P

Mike182

Flaming Queer
IndigoChild said:
MOD, MOD, HE'S OUR GOD, BAN BAN BAN!

Kat
i really am sorry indigochild, but its late and my brain has turned to mush, was that calling for a mod at me, or someone else :confused: im sorry if i caused offence in any way to you

C_P

Aqualung

Tasty
Druidus said:
Cold-Stone, your entire argument is based upon the Bible, which disregards the fact that I care very little what the Bible says about anything.
It really doesn't matter if you care about the Bible. He is answering why he thinks homosexuality is bad, not why a person with your beleifs would.

Fluffy

A fool
It really doesn't matter if you care about the Bible. He is answering why he thinks homosexuality is bad, not why a person with your beleifs would.
Yes I agree with you. That is why I prefer questions such as "Should homosexuality be legal?", "Should same sex marriage be allowed?" or "Does the Bible support the idea that homosexuality is morally wrong?" rather than "Why is being gay considered wrong?" since by citing beliefs based entirely on faith, a debate runs into a brick wall whereas there are legitimate reasons for disregarding faith based beliefs for the former 3 questions.

However, I personally find the answer "it is wrong because I believe it to be" to be perfectly acceptable. As soon as that person attempts to use logic, reason or even Christian scripture to back up such a belief, their points can be challenged but not before then.

pdoel

Aqualung said:
The biggest beef I have with gay people are these reasons. I don't think two males or two females can create as well-rounded a child as one male and one female. They don't give all the traits in such a situation.
Gay people tend to live in a way that increases risks of AIDS. Money to pay for AIDS prevention/awareness and treat people with AIDS generally comes from the taxpayer, and I don't like having to pay for people who choose to live in this dangerous lifestyle.
I also don't think gay people are born gay, since that seems to be what people are arguing here.
How is this different than me paying school taxes to put YOUR children through school? I pay a fortune in school taxes. Yet, I will never have children. I'm a very healthy person, and yet, I spend a ton of money on insurance benefits, which I never use, while other people who don't take as good a care of themselves (straight people, mind you), use a ton of benefits, because they aren't physically fit or take care fo themselves.

I pay a lot of money into social security, yet, am told it won't be there when I retire.

I pay a ton of money to the US government, yet I'm denied the same basic rights that straight people are offerded.

I know many straight couples who have done a horrible job raising their children. You can't turn on the news without hearing some story about a child being neglected, abused, etc., and they're all about good old-fashioned straight people. So, seems to me your arguments are rather sad, and not well thought out.

Again, it shows that people hate and fear what they don't understand.

jamaesi

To Save A Lamb
The biggest beef I have with gay people are these reasons. I don't think two males or two females can create as well-rounded a child as one male and one female. They don't give all the traits in such a situation.
I was raised by just my mother and I´d like to think I am well-rounded. Hey, at least I´m not judgemental. My denist is a lesbian and just adopted a little girl from China, who is a very happy and bright child who is very lucky to have two mommies who love her so much.

Gay people tend to live in a way that increases risks of AIDS. Money to pay for AIDS prevention/awareness and treat people with AIDS generally comes from the taxpayer, and I don't like having to pay for people who choose to live in this dangerous lifestyle.
Sorry hun, lesbians have the lowest AIDs transmission rate. Try again, though. : )

I don´t really like cars, though. Big wastes of oil and material. When people get into car accidents it´s their own fault- being in cars a lot is a dangerous lifestyle. I don´t want my money to go to their treatment. They should be riding bikes anyway! It´s healthier!

I also don't think gay people are born gay, since that seems to be what people are arguing here.
I don´t think anyone is born intolerant or homophobic, even though a lot of people seem to be saying hateful or intolerant things.

jamaesi

To Save A Lamb
I´d dig up all the New Testament verses condemning homosexuality but I´m lazy.

I will note that they were all uttered by Paul (who wasn´t God or Jesus, Jesus was gone by then), that shining beacon of tolerance and peace.

So if y´all want to listen to some guy who wasn´t your God and hate me and say I´m going to Hell for what I was born as (I´m sorry that you don´t like it, but studies of brain structure agree with this, and just because you don´t like it doesn´t make it false), y´all have fun with that, kay?

Now isn't it interesting, that while you embrace and/or practice this wrong act (homosexuality), you then from that basis are trying to tell me that the biblical orthodox church has been wrong on homosexuality from many many centuries. Could there be some polemical bias to your attempts? hmm? As a 17 year old kid you know everything already and are well versed in biblical scholarship?

See, now the issue that I have been talking about this ENTIRE time and only this issue (only this issue) is WHAT the historical biblical and Judeo-Christian position is on the subject. Now you are finally getting it (very slowly). But you NOW deny this as an accurate position from 2000 years?

This is exactly why we must start with representing the position correctly. AND then if you disagree with the position, then arguments can come against inerrance, inspiration, reliability etc.

I'll accept your challenge and now discuss if the position is accurate ONLY if you agree to abide by whatever the truth is. So for example, if you can show me that it is A-OK to be a homosexual via the system I abide by (thus the biblical account). Then I will be with you. BUTT (pun intended), if after the challenge you find out it is WRONG via the biblical account to monkey around the Banana Tree, then you must commit (before hand as I did) that you will immediately get some help, adopt my system, and abandon homosexualaity forever.

If you're not even willing to do this, what's the point. ***Admin edit*** Violation of Rule #5
Cold-Stone Advantage

pdoel

Cold-Stone said:
Now isn't it interesting, that while you embrace and/or practice this wrong act (homosexuality), you then from that basis are trying to tell me that the biblical orthodox church has been wrong on homosexuality from many many centuries. Could there be some polemical bias to your attempts? hmm? As a 17 year old kid you know everything already and are well versed in biblical scholarship?
Again, why is homosexuality wrong? Because a book over 2000 years old said so? This book also said it was ok to treat women like livestock, and outlawed Divorce. We have waged war against a country because they treat their women according to the way OUR Bible teaches. So it seems perfectly acceptable to throw out these old laws when they fit our lifestyle.

How many people preach against homosexuality, yet they had pre-marital sex, have gone through a divorce, etc.

Judge not, lest ye be judged.

Do unto others as you'd have others do unto you.

Love they neighbor.

Let he who is without Sin, cast the first stone.

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that WHO SHALL EVER believith in Him, shall not perish, but have everlasting life.

I think that says it all.

None of us are innocent. We are all sinners. We were all born with sin. We are God's creations. And who are you, or anyone else to judge us because we commit sins just like you do?

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
jamaesi said:
I´d dig up all the New Testament verses condemning homosexuality but I´m lazy.

I will note that they were all uttered by Paul (who wasn´t God or Jesus, Jesus was gone by then), that shining beacon of tolerance and peace.

So if y´all want to listen to some guy who wasn´t your God and hate me and say I´m going to Hell for what I was born as (I´m sorry that you don´t like it, but studies of brain structure agree with this, and just because you don´t like it doesn´t make it false), y´all have fun with that, kay?
Jamaesi,

Please remember that we aren't all like our 'friend' - I most certainly do not hate you - nor do I believe you will go to hell for being the way you are...

This is just the sort of reaction people look for when they abuse the likes of you - Take a deep breath of air, and remember how many of us do not judge you...........
icon12.gif

Aqualung

Tasty
pdoel said:
How is this different than me paying school taxes to put YOUR children through school? I pay a fortune in school taxes. Yet, I will never have children.
Yep. I don't support the current sysetem of how taxes go to schools. but this thread is about homosexuality.

I'm a very healthy person, and yet, I spend a ton of money on insurance benefits, which I never use, while other people who don't take as good a care of themselves (straight people, mind you), use a ton of benefits, because they aren't physically fit or take care fo themselves.
I don't think people should have to pay any money at all towards a stranger's health, especially if they don't take care of themselves, if the person doesn't want to spend it, but this thread is about homosexuality.

I pay a lot of money into social security, yet, am told it won't be there when I retire.
I also don't like being forced to pay for social security if I don't want to, but, once again, this thread is about homosexualit.

I pay a ton of money to the US government, yet I'm denied the same basic rights that straight people are offerded.
That's between you and the government. And which basic rights are those? Marriage? I think that's between you and a church, and it should have nothing to do with the government at all.

I know many straight couples who have done a horrible job raising their children. You can't turn on the news without hearing some story about a child being neglected, abused, etc., and they're all about good old-fashioned straight people. So, seems to me your arguments are rather sad, and not well thought out.
Sure, there are definitely bad straight parents. But all things being equal, the straight couple will to a better job than the gay couple.

Again, it shows that people hate and fear what they don't understand.
I don't hate or fear homosexuals. I just have a strong Biblical basis as to why its a sin, and a strong tax-payers interest in why it acually does harm me, and it's not just something done behind closed doors.

Aqualung

Tasty
jamaesi said:
I was raised by just my mother and I´d like to think I am well-rounded. Hey, at least I´m not judgemental. My denist is a lesbian and just adopted a little girl from China, who is a very happy and bright child who is very lucky to have two mommies who love her so much.
Well, I'm glad everything turned out well in you, and I hope for the sake of the little girl that she really is lucky to have to two mommies.

Sorry hun, lesbians have the lowest AIDs transmission rate. Try again, though. : )
I doesn't matter if lesbians have the lowest AIDs transmission rate. Did you know that AIDs is actually not that comman, when compared to other diseases such as TB? Yet more of my tax money goes towards AIDs than any other disease. Why? Because it would be "discimination" against the gay men who get AIDs due to a risky lifestyle. That's my beef. If the tax system would change, I would have little non-Biblica beef.

I don´t really like cars, though. Big wastes of oil and material. When people get into car accidents it´s their own fault- being in cars a lot is a dangerous lifestyle. I don´t want my money to go to their treatment. They should be riding bikes anyway! It´s healthier!
Hmm. Funny you should say that, because I also don't think people should be forced to pay for people who crash their cars. But what relevence does that have?

I don´t think anyone is born intolerant or homophobic, even though a lot of people seem to be saying hateful or intolerant things.
I'm not intolerant of homophobic. I have opinnions about the morality of homosexuality. But I wouldn't go forcing those views onto anybody if it wasn't in a debate in which they can choose to participate of not. I have quite a few gay friends, and I don't fear them and I'm not intolerant toward them, and I don't try to convince them to change their lifestyle. Just because I enter into a debate in which all sorts of people are merely expressing their views does not make me intolerant or a homophobe

Aqualung

Tasty
michel said:
Jamaesi,

Please remember that we aren't all like our 'friend' - I most certainly do not hate you - nor do I believe you will go to hell for being the way you are...

This is just the sort of reaction people look for when they abuse the likes of you - Take a deep breath of air, and remember how many of us do not judge you...........
icon12.gif
Also, please remember, just because I think homosexuality is a sin does not mean that I hate you, either. Nor do I think you will go to hell. I don't know how well you live the rest of your life, but you certainly don't seem bad enough to go to hell.

IndigoChild

Cold-Stone said:

(snip)

If you're not even willing to do this, what's the point. ***Admin edit*** Violation of Rule #5
Cold-Stone Advantage
Would someone PLEASE, for the love of God, ban this idiot? He is being very abusive, hate-mongering, harrassing, and generally is NOT adding any intelligence to this forum. All he is succeeding in doing is pissing everyone off and making us all angry and ruining our good days. And it seems that no one is going to take the advice I gave (DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS), so the only way to stop this insanity is to ban him. Hasn't he done more than enough to justify it, yet?

Kat

pdoel

Aqualung said:
but this thread is about homosexuality.

but this thread is about homosexuality.

this thread is about homosexualit.
Well, when you bring up such matters, you open up the debate. Sure, this debate is about homosexuality. However, when you bring up matters such as having to pay for health benefits of homosexuals, then it opens the debate up to such matters as I have stated, where I, as a homosexual, must pay for things that are a result of straight people. So, if you don't want such matters discussed, I suggest you not use them in your argument.

Sure, there are definitely bad straight parents. But all things being equal, the straight couple will to a better job than the gay couple.
Actually, this is not true, and there are many studies which have proven it. The only real problems that children of gay parents seem to have, is how they are treated by other children. i.e. children of homophobic intolerant parents, who teach their children to hate. This is really the only problem children of gay parents seem to have in common. So, while you may claim that all things being equal blah blah blah, that is in fact, incorrect.

IndigoChild

Aqualung said:
Well, I'm glad everything turned out well in you, and I hope for the sake of the little girl that she really is lucky to have to two mommies.
If I were a child, I'd rather have two loving mommies than a to be raised by someone like you. Children are naturally accepting of all people, it is only adult brainwashing (aided by the cults they call organized religions) that changes this.

Kat, who is intolerant of intolerance, idiocy, and resistence to change