• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why is America condemning?

F0uad

Why did America condemn Syria and Iraq if they would use Poison gas when they themselves used Enrich uranium in Fallujah were babies are now born with disorders?

ZionMan

born to change the world
you want to compare between USA and arabian countries ! .. I see that arabs are using weapons to kill themselves

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Why did America condemn Syria and Iraq if they would use Poison gas when they themselves used Enrich uranium in Fallujah were babies are now born with disorders?

So using poison gas shouldn't be condemned? Do you think it's okay to use poison gas?

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
So using poison gas shouldn't be condemned? Do you think it's okay to use poison gas?

He's asking why did America condemn the use of poison gas, and then turn around and use what amounts to poison gas somewhere else.

It has nothing to do with whether poison gas should be condemned; just whether or not someone who uses it should condemn others who do as well.

F0uad

you want to compare between USA and arabian countries ! .. I see that arabs are using weapons to kill themselves

I see that America killed over a million innocent people were on the "Arab" side its much less. I am talking about America's hypocrisy and not who killed more or less. Also i am not justifying any action that is committed by the Rebels of Syria or the Government of Syria so please stay on subject.

Skwim

Veteran Member
So, were is your proof that they did?

As far as I know the US denies doing any such thing.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
He's asking why did America condemn the use of poison gas, and then turn around and use what amounts to poison gas somewhere else.

It has nothing to do with whether poison gas should be condemned; just whether or not someone who uses it should condemn others who do as well.

Thanks for the newsflash Copernicus. I know what he's actually doing. I know what he thinks he's doing, which is the same as what you think he's doing.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Since the US supplied chemicals (used in poison gas attacks) to Iraq, it does strike
me as hypocrisy for US gov officials to get all pious about chemical weapons now.

Dingbat

Since the US supplied chemicals (used in poison gas attacks) to Iraq, it does strike
me as hypocrisy for US gov officials to get all pious about chemical weapons now.

Agreed, chemical weapons are fine when it is our batch of scumbags that have them. Someone else? Hell no that won't work.

Brickjectivity

Turned to Stone. Now I stretch daily.
Staff member
Premium Member
Fouad,

Want to know what the USA is doing condemning the use of poison gas? We live under the shadow of thousands of nukes aimed at us, and we live on piles of nukes aimed at those other nukes. Basically we're doomed. We cannot get rid of these damn, damn nukes until diplomatic relations have warmed enough all over the world that everyone can figure out a way to destroy the nukes. We dare not just 'Get rid' of them, as it has been discovered that other countries would not hesitate to strike us first. All we can do is try to make friends with every country, so we can prevent another world war. We must wait until everybody is happy and wealthy, so that everybody will be willing to disarm. Of all things the world's (and our) survival depends upon Americans learning charm and respect for other cultures. Seriously we've never been big on culture until now, so its like a cruel joke. I'm almost certain that the Brits are behind it. They've gone too far this time! Dammit!

Preventing a nuclear war (hence our destruction) is why we condemn the use of poison gas, (although we also condemn it ethically). We need the world to be at peace. Perhaps this doesn't seem convincing to you, but you aren't living on a pile of nukes like I am. Pinch me if the US military used uranium in Fallujah, because that was stupid.

F0uad

Fouad,

Want to know what the USA is doing condemning the use of poison gas? We live under the shadow of thousands of nukes aimed at us, and we live on piles of nukes aimed at those other nukes. Basically we're doomed. We cannot get rid of these damn, damn nukes until diplomatic relations have warmed enough all over the world that everyone can figure out a way to destroy the nukes. We dare not just 'Get rid' of them, as it has been discovered that other countries would not hesitate to strike us first. All we can do is try to make friends with every country, so we can prevent another world war. We must wait until everybody is happy and wealthy, so that everybody will be willing to disarm. Of all things the world's (and our) survival depends upon Americans learning charm and respect for other cultures. Seriously we've never been big on culture until now, so its like a cruel joke. I'm almost certain that the Brits are behind it. They've gone too far this time! Dammit!
Sorry but i do not belief America is trying to make friends at all, in all honesty i think its naive and ignorant to claim or belief such thing.
I am also not sure what Nukes have to do with using Enriched weapons on a whole population..

Preventing a nuclear war (hence our destruction) is why we condemn the use of poison gas, (although we also condemn it ethically). We need the world to be at peace. Perhaps this doesn't seem convincing to you, but you aren't living on a pile of nukes like I am. Pinch me if the US military used uranium in Fallujah, because that was stupid.
Again i don't see any logical statement here to condemn Syria or Iraq if they would use chemical gasses when America itself uses the same thing. Also the whole notion about Nuclear weapons have nothing to do with Iraq, Fallujah or my discussion.

The Enriched uranium that was used is still killing little babies who have to die a painful death when there DNA is altered because of the chemical environment they are born in:

2012126521069580_3.jpg

Just type in google: babies in fallujah

Brickjectivity

Staff member
Premium Member
Reading an article about Fallujah in The Guardian, it is not clear to me how slightly enriched uranium came to be there or if it is there or even what is causing the health issues. That houses were destroyed is true, but it was a favored city of Sadam who may have had uranium hidden there someplace or other weapons. Odds are good that the US military had something to do with it, however...the Iraqi military initially ran from this city rather than defend it, so perhaps they knew something was odd about it. Why didn't they stand their ground? If the US military is responsible for the presence of uranium, then why is it just Fallujah that is having problems with fallout? Bagdad isn't having fallout problems.

The Guardian said:
Ultimately, it may not be the case that either lead alone, or uranium alone, is the sole cause of the health crisis in Fallujah. It could be a combination of the two agents, or something different entirely. But this is an empirical question that demands further investigation.
The link to the article is here.

Last edited:

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
The Americans have been the worlds largest user of chemical weapons.
In Fallujah it has been proved that they did use enriched uranium, and this has been widely discussed in Europe and the rest of the world, with the one exception of the USA itself.
It is one of the few countries not to have signed the international protocols against the use of chemicals and other anti personal weapons such as mines.

Heavy metals such as depleted uranium. mercury and lead are use by many of the great powers in their armour piercing shells and rockets. They are also reported as being used in small arms rounds to increase their effectiveness. All these materials leave a permanent danger to health where ever they are used, with no method of clean up available.

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I would say it's because the American government has a very guilty conscience on the subject, but I doubt it even has a conscience. I think it really is nothing more than more of the American government throwing it's weight around and abusing it's power.

The reason all those other nukes are pointed at us (and you seem to greatly over estimate the situation) is because the American government is an international bully, crime lord, drug cartel, and terrorist. If we were trying to make friends, we wouldn't over throw democratically elected rulers and replace them with cooperative dictator regime puppets, our involvement in the Middle East would be very limited, we wouldn't push for economic boycotts that only hurt the innocent, and we certainly would not maintained a large global military presence. You say everyone needs to first be wealthy, and for many nations they are only poverty stricken because our government allows corporations to go in and muck things up for third-world countries. Even in poor countries the people were far better off until corporations and our government decided those places would be better off farming for global markets instead of local subsistence.

Brickjectivity

Staff member
Premium Member
Shadow Wolf said:
I would say it's because the American government has a very guilty conscience on the subject, but I doubt it even has a conscience. I think it really is nothing more than more of the American government throwing it's weight around and abusing it's power.
Shadow, often that is true; but all is not evil in America. All is not lost, and I am disgusted that radioactive rounds would be used in a residential area. Its unforgivable.

The reason all those other nukes are pointed at us (and you seem to greatly over estimate the situation) is because the American government is an international bully, crime lord, drug cartel, and terrorist.
I don't deny that our government has been an international bully in South America, going behind the backs of the public, sneaking around committing treason. I can't do without America though. There's no where else for me to go where I can survive, so I just have to make America better.

The nuclear threat is very real and has been from the start of the Cold War. Yes, the reason we have not been nuked is that the Russians know we will strike back mercilessly, automatically. Arms reduction talks keep stalling, and likely we are going to be destroyed within the next fifty years. Hopefully whenever it happens the number of nukes will have been reduced enough so as not to obliterate all life on Earth. To me that is a serious problem.

If we were trying to make friends, we wouldn't over throw democratically elected rulers and replace them with cooperative dictator regime puppets, our involvement in the Middle East would be very limited, we wouldn't push for economic boycotts that only hurt the innocent, and we certainly would not maintained a large global military presence.
While we are pointing fingers, this is the direct result of the out-of-control evangelical wacko preachers. Lots of good people have been distracted from real problems into persecuting gays, illegalizing abortion and trying to outlaw 'Sin', which cannot be outlawed. End of World preaching and 'God will take care of everything' has put people to sleep and made them politically inactive.

Somehow I don't think Morocco nor Iraq can say that they are better in this respect or that they would do better under the circumstances. What's wrong with speaking out against poison gas used against citizens? I guess we should just pretend everything's ok.

You say everyone needs to first be wealthy, and for many nations they are only poverty stricken because our government allows corporations to go in and muck things up for third-world countries. Even in poor countries the people were far better off until corporations and our government decided those places would be better off farming for global markets instead of local subsistence.
I say these nukes are here forever until they bring war down upon our heads or until they become outdated. Russia's not talking, and America is unpopular. We pull the nukes, we get nuked. The plan is to encourage all other countries to be as wealthy and successful. Look at Japan. Look at South Korea. Mexico. Canada. We aren't suppressing them. Far from it! Our efforts in Africa were misguided and failed, but we are fixing that. We are trying to keep good relations with China and have bought a lot of stuff from them that we could have made ourselves. India is starting to shine again, pulling free of its colonial model. Yes, we buy things from Morocco, too; and we have an ambassador to Morocco.

Iraq: Who owns Iraq's oil? Not us. Have we enslaved Iraq's people to work in American factories? No. Do we hate the people of Fallujah? No!

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Terrible as the occurrence of enriched (not depleted, as I initially thought) uranium contamination in Fallujah is, I wish it did not eclipse the horror of the military intervention that it is only a consequence of.

niceguy

Just for information regarding depleted uranim in weapons. Thease are not radioactive weapons, at least not in any dagerous sense. Depleted uranium are poseisenus and an enviromental hazard. No lexicon installed at the work computer so I probably misspelt a lot.

Wannabe Yogi

The whole poison gas issue with Iraq was hypocritical. Saddam Hussein was our man. America had no problem with him gassing his own people. In fact the Reagan administration tried to cover it up. At first they blamed Iran for the crime.