• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why I'm voting for Trump

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Have you seen the anti Trump threads here? If that is not hysterics, I dont know what is.
Such as?

I hate mercury in my body. Interesting though that many vaccines inject that awful stuff directly into your body. So I guess its not all bad in the end, right?
Great, I hate mercury in my body too. So why do you support the guy who rolled back mercury restrictions?

Vaccines don't contain methylmercury.

Explains the rampant mad hatter syndrome nowadays. Its all that mercury no one can get rid of.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Take a wild guess which governors are harshest about COVID restrictions.

Mostly California (liberal maybe?), Michigan (liberal), Massachusetts (has that state ever been conservative?), New Jersey (liberal, though the south is conservative), Virginia (should be a red state, but it keeps getting ruled by blue government). Btw, Massachusetts has basically closed its borders.

Trump said we should reopen. Everyone cried how "dangerous" that is. Our economy is in the crapper.

We could recover economically in two months what took nearly nine months to do, if we relaxed all restrictions. But that would be unsafe (to our narrative that Trump caused this).
Good. They should be. COVID is not a joke. The economy is never going to recover with hundreds of thousands of people sick and/or dying.

Thanks for pointing out who the smart governors are.

Starlight

Spiritual but not religious, new age and omnist
If you are almost always against abortion (except cases like mother having deadly disease or a child is pregnant because of rape) then vote Trump.. All lives matter. Also unborn babies. Trump is almost always against abortion. Biden is for abortion.
I think it is best to vote Trump.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
I think you should wote Trump..
Blm is bad. Many people in blm have killed many people both black and white :( I mean all life means something. All lives matters. Regardless of whether you are white or black. Everyone is worth a lot regardless of skin color. You should not be put in stalls based on skin color. That is it blm is doing .. Many in blm come up with racist statements against white people. I am against racism no matter which way it is. Racism is bad no matter if it is against black or white people. They have also attacked several Catholic churches in the United States, destroying statues of the Virgin Mary and saints
I have already voted for Trump.

But you are mistaken about BLM. The Republicans who won't wear masks are far more deadly!

Daemon Sophic

Its never about his character, its his actual policymaking that impresses a lot of people.

I'd prefer to see Trump more 'Presidential' myself, but I'd much rather have a crass and belligerent person with good policy than a polite person with awful policy.
That’s just it. A rasonable review of Trump’s policies (along with a GOP senate) show, without possibility of arguement, that he (and they) are bad for almost all U.S. citizens. :shrug:

If you are almost always against abortion (except cases like mother having deadly disease or a child is pregnant because of rape) then vote Trump.. All lives matter. Also unborn babies. Trump is almost always against abortion. Biden is for abortion.
I think it is best to vote Trump.
Right now, and with Biden, women will have the choices you suggest in your first sentence.
But now that Trump (and McConnell) have stacked the court so horrendously against the Constitution and the people of the U.S.A., then even in those situations, women will have to die. :(

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
...and the economy in general. Its killing this country.
Not anywhere near as many as the covid literally has. With 4% of the population, the States has 22% of the world's covid deaths, so either Americans are genetically decrepit or we're seriously lacking in leadership and/or listening to the wrong people.

Economists warned us as we went into summer that if we didn't do our best to wear masks and keep social distancing that we could all too easily slip into another wave, and the fact that Trump and his blind supporters have not done this is now going to have a huge economic toll.

We need to follow the science and the economics, not the politicians.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Dosent matter. Mercury is an element. It doesn't make it any safer just because its present in a molecule such as Thimerosal, eythlmercury, or methylmercury.
Elemental mercury is quite dangerous because it is easily & quickly
dispersed, including by evaporation. But as a compound, this doesn't
happen. Danger varies with type of compound.
Do you have any evidence of significant deleterious health effects that
offset benefits of its use as a preservative? I know next to nothing
about this.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Elemental mercury is quite dangerous because it is easily & quickly
dispersed, including by evaporation. But as a compound, this doesn't
happen. Danger varies with type of compound.
Do you have any evidence of significant deleterious health effects that
offset benefits of its use as a preservative? I know next to nothing
about this.
I do know mercury affects negatively on the brain.

Strange that the CDC endorses it as reasonably safe yet notes the recommendations to reduce and eliminate it altogether.

Thimerosal and Vaccines | Vaccine Safety | CDC

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Dosent matter. Mercury is an element. It doesn't make it any safer just because its present in a molecule such as Thimerosal, eythlmercury, or methylmercury.
It does, actually.

Methylmercury builds up in the human body and causes harm, whereas ethylmercury is broken down and quickly excreted and does not build up in the body.
Also, most vaccines don't even contain ethylmercury (Thimerosal) anymore and haven't for decades. The only one I can think of off the top of my head is the influenza vaccine.

MNoBody

the whole affair is a huge farce..... so exciting, choose from these pre-selected idiots who will proceed to spend huge sums to pander after more idiots....who think something significantly good will come from this frenzied activity.....
kind of like watching black friday events....I live in the idiocracy movie......good grief.o_O

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
It does, actually.

Methylmercury builds up in the human body and causes harm, whereas ethylmercury is broken down and quickly excreted and does not build up in the body.
Also, most vaccines don't even contain ethylmercury (Thimerosal) anymore and haven't for decades. The only one I can think of off the top of my head is the influenza vaccine.
If its free of mercury then I'm ok with it.

Your partly right that eythylmercury helps but it does not completely eliminate the mercury.