• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why I'm voting for Trump

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
How can you say New York has one of the lowest rates in the country, if you actually read the news!?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/medicalxpress.com/news/2020-07-covid-death-high-york-city.amp

There was a hospital ship in the harbor off New York City which had 1000 beds available, only 186 were used and thousands of hospital beds were set up in a convention center, which were hardly used. Why weren’t infected patients sent to these instead nursing homes where they posed a danger to the residents?

Hospital ship Comfort departs NYC, having treated fewer than 200 patients

Opinion | Cuomo’s Covid Response Was Never so Great

B
YW, I agree the covid virus spreads on subways. That’s why I asked, why didn’t Mayor de Balsio shut them down sooner? He waited weeks and weeks.

Anyway, Trump may be an arrogant loud mouth, rather than a polished politician, but I really think it’s the media spewing out lies, taking things out of context to purposely stir up hate. I’ve never seen anything like this before. The hate against Trump is unprecedented and seems beyond normal, but my husband is reading 1984 right now and it reminds me of the “hate sessions” which were held to get people worked up in a frenzy of hate against the dissident. Trump is the dissident today. He’s not going along with the globalist agenda and the corporate multinationals plan for control and profit. So he has to be targeted, attacked, and taken down.

If you’re a news freak, here’s some for you...

President Trump's black voter approval skyrockets to 46% | Leo Terrell
If you've read 1984, you'd realize that Trump's rallies where he denigrates and mocks everyone who doesn't agree with him, are the "hate sessions" to which you refer.
Just a sample of the chants you will hear fans screaming in unison and getting all worked up into a frenzy at Trump rallies ....
"Lock her/him up!"
"Fire Fauci!"
"Send her back!"
"USA! USA!"
"LeBron James sucks!"

Where is the equivalent of this on the other side? Why do these rallies not remind you of "hate sessions?"

I'll tell you why people have disliked Trump from the start. Because he's a terrible, arrogant, narcissistic, unempathetic, selfish person. People tend not to like people like that. (Well, not everyone, I guess.)

And by the way, when did Joe and Kamala state that they wanted to kill babies after they were born, or in the last month of pregnancy?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Reasonable? Trump? What?

Because with Trump it's "promises made promises kept" and he used to be a Democrat and he's a reasonable human being.

Except that it isn't. Mexico didn't pay for that wall, did they?

As someone just pointed out to you, "Donald Trump has rolled back 95 environmental protections and you think Trump the climate change denier is seriously planning to commit the funds and manpower to plant 1.2 trillion trees."

So Trump has rolled back tons of environmental protections, yet you still believe he's going to follow through on his tree-planting plan. The best predictor of a person's future behavior, is their past behavior. So I have to wonder what makes you think Trump is suddenly going to care for the environment, because it doesn't follow from his past behavior. Something more than a shallow campaign slogan would be helpful.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Thank you he better plant the trees if he wins! I just think he knows that because I see in him a soul.
I support replenishing the environment. What you take, you ought to replace. Its good stewardship in general and benefits all. I hate this throwaway society we have now and had since the 70s and perhaps even earlier, although in the past things had much more quality and longevity.

Twilight Hue

So Trump has rolled back tons of environmental protections, yet you still believe he's going to follow through on his tree-planting plan. The best predictor of a person's future behavior, is their past behavior. So I have to wonder what makes you think Trump is suddenly going to care for the environment, because it doesn't follow from his past behavior. Something more than a shallow campaign slogan would be helpful.
Trump is rolling back excessive and unnecessary redundancy in regulations that serve only to smother business and the economy in general. Its killing this country.

We don't need more regulation. Just better enforcement of existing ones that actually are needed.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Trump is rolling back excessive and unnecessary redundancy in regulations that serve only to smother business and the economy in general. Its killing this country.

We don't need more regulation. Just better enforcement of existing ones that actually are needed.
So he says. If you read the news you'll find that not to be the case. He lies.
Weakening limits on toxic pollutants like mercury is not just a lovely little rollback of unnecessary redundancy.
Thanks to Trump, we do need more regulations, that is, if you enjoy drinking clean water or breathing fresh air.

Do you think he's going to follow through on his tree planting "plan?"

Twilight Hue

So he says. If you read the news you'll find that not to be the case. He lies.
Weakening limits on toxic pollutants like mercury is not just a lovely little rollback of unnecessary redundancy.
Thanks to Trump, we do need more regulations, that is, if you enjoy drinking clean water or breathing fresh air.

Do you think he's going to follow through on his tree planting "plan?"
Dunno if he will, but at the hysterics that are being displayed now by people, it make you wonder how in the world people ever survived in the forties and fifties.

No we need less regulation and keep the important ones in place with better oversight.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
If you've read 1984, you'd realize that Trump's rallies where he denigrates and mocks everyone who doesn't agree with him, are the "hate sessions" to which you refer.
Just a sample of the chants you will hear fans screaming in unison and getting all worked up into a frenzy at Trump rallies ....
"Lock her/him up!"
"Fire Fauci!"
"Send her back!"
"USA! USA!"
"LeBron James sucks!"

Where is the equivalent of this on the other side? Why do these rallies not remind you of "hate sessions?"
As someone once said....
"When they go low, we go....uh....down the same path".
So they adopted...
"Lock him up!"

Too much hatred all around.
Need more meh.

Twilight Hue

Because with Trump it's "promises made promises kept" and he used to be a Democrat and he's a reasonable human being.
Its never about his character, its his actual policymaking that impresses a lot of people.

I'd prefer to see Trump more 'Presidential' myself, but I'd much rather have a crass and belligerent person with good policy than a polite person with awful policy.

Twilight Hue

What hysteria are you referring to?

We need more now that so many have been rolled back. Do you enjoy drinking mercury?

Have you seen the anti Trump threads here? If that is not hysterics, I dont know what is.

I hate mercury in my body. Interesting though that many vaccines inject that awful stuff directly into your body. So I guess its not all bad in the end, right?

Explains the rampant mad hatter syndrome nowadays. Its all that mercury no one can get rid of.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
Reasonable? Trump? What?

Except that it isn't. Mexico didn't pay for that wall, did they?

As someone just pointed out to you, "Donald Trump has rolled back 95 environmental protections and you think Trump the climate change denier is seriously planning to commit the funds and manpower to plant 1.2 trillion trees."

I get crap from both sides of the issue.

Starlight

Spiritual but not religious, new age and omnist
Also, for the 2 votes it's worth, I'm leaning Biden again.
I think you should wote Trump..
Blm is bad. Many people in blm have killed many people both black and white :( I mean all life means something. All lives matters. Regardless of whether you are white or black. Everyone is worth a lot regardless of skin color. You should not be put in stalls based on skin color. That is it blm is doing .. Many in blm come up with racist statements against white people. I am against racism no matter which way it is. Racism is bad no matter if it is against black or white people. They have also attacked several Catholic churches in the United States, destroying statues of the Virgin Mary and saints

Last edited:

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Its never about his character, its his actual policymaking that impresses a lot of people.

I'd prefer to see Trump more 'Presidential' myself, but I'd much rather have a crass and belligerent person with good policy than a polite person with awful policy.
What policy making???