• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why I'm voting for Trump

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
Most of the violence occurred in Democrat controlled territory so it kind of defeats the premise that a vote otherwise would make any kind of difference.

In Jacksonville, Florida, several law enforcement officers and protesters reportedly clashed on May 30. "They attacked several police officers. They vandalized several police cars, attempting to light them on fire, breaking windows," Sheriff Mike Williams told a local paper. "We have one officer who was stabbed — was slashed in the neck and is currently at the hospital."

In San Diego on May 31, more than 100 people were arrested and police deployed tear gas and flash-bang grenades against protesters, according to local news, as law enforcement officials were pelted with rocks and water bottles and looters robbed city stores.

Over that same weekend, Oklahoma City reportedly saw rioting too. "We're not putting up with lawlessness here," said Oklahoma County District Attorney David Prater in June as he charged protesters with felony counts of assault, rioting, and terrorism.

There was reportedly looting, vandalism, and burning of businesses in Charleston, South Carolina as well, with Police Chief Luther Reynolds announcing at least 10 arrests on May 31.

Rioting in Salt Lake City on May 30 reportedly included vandalism around the state capitol, a flipped police car, 41 arrests, and 21 law enforcement officers requiring medical treatment.

And in Houston, local police reportedly made more than 100 arrests on May 30 after protests and riots. The city's Galleria shopping mall was closed the next day after looters smashed the windows of one of its stores.

InChrist

Free4ever
So, not being pro-life is more moral than his other supposed "good policies"?

Seems like you're looking for convenient ways out of actually sticking to the Gospel, I hate to say. Jesus condemned that as being hypocritical, much like he blamed so many of the Pharisees for exactly the same thing namely, to put it in modern terminology, they would talk-the-talk but not be willing to walk-the-walk. There's no excuse under the Gospel to support leaders who are hedonistic, materialistic, dishonest, and who couldn't care less about saving human life other than his own as we've repeatedly seen with Trump.

If it's money that's more important than the Gospel, then that's one's real "god".
President Trump is pro-life, whereas Joe Biden and Kampala Harris support the killing of babies through abortion up to their due date and letting a child die if it survives a botched abortion.
Just because Biden is a polished career politician on the outside doesn’t mean he’s nice or caring. It makes him the bigger hypocrite. Anyone who thinks it’s okay to murder a baby at forty weeks truly has no compassion for human life.

Donald Trump is not a politician and he spews out his often crass, arrogant thoughts, but his policies demonstrate he cares about the lives of all Americans, regardless of age, race, gender, socio-economic status.

I appreciate Ben Shapiro’s perspective...

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
President Trump is pro-life,...
Only in the area of abortion, thus most other truly pro-life issues he either ignores or goes against.

Also, according to some of his former advisors, he is pro-choice but uses a pro-life position on abortion to pander to the "religious right". He even brags about telling people what they want to hear in his book "The Art of the Deal", thus being willing to do almost any thing to "seal the deal"-- his own words.

IOW, he's been "playing" you and millions of others.

Just because Biden is a polished career politician on the outside doesn’t mean he’s nice or caring.
Well, maybe tell Lindsey Graham and Meagan McCain that, as both have praised his honesty and empathy for others. Can we say either for Trump?

Also, hundreds of Republicans whom have worked for previous Republican presidents have gone on the record that they will vote for Biden/Harris. John Kelly, who Trump had appointed as his own Chief of Staff, says that Trump "has not moral compass".

It makes him the bigger hypocrite.
Maybe you are using "projection"?

Donald Trump is not a politician and he spews out his often crass, arrogant thoughts, but his policies demonstrate he cares about the lives of all Americans, regardless of age, race, gender, socio-economic status.
Is this why we have 4% of the world's population but 22% of its covid deaths? Please tell us how this is being pro-life?

How about his rejection of climate change, the danger of which may well endanger the life of billions worldwide during this century according to our own Department of Defense. What about capital punishment that he still is for even though Jesus said "Let he whom is without sin cast the first stone"? What about income disparity that Greenspan said is the greatest single threat to our country? What about his endorsement of the proliferation of guns in our society whereas we have a homicide rate several times higher than most other western industrialized countries?

Seems that your "pro-life" position is extremely limited.

InChrist

Free4ever
Only in the area of abortion, thus most other truly pro-life issues he either ignores or goes against.

Also, according to some of his former advisors, he is pro-choice but uses a pro-life position on abortion to pander to the "religious right". He even brags about telling people what they want to hear in his book "The Art of the Deal", thus being willing to do almost any thing to "seal the deal"-- his own words.

IOW, he's been "playing" you and millions of others.

Well, maybe tell Lindsey Graham and Meagan McCain that, as both have praised his honesty and empathy for others. Can we say either for Trump?

Also, hundreds of Republicans whom have worked for previous Republican presidents have gone on the record that they will vote for Biden/Harris. John Kelly, who Trump had appointed as his own Chief of Staff, says that Trump "has not moral compass".

Maybe you are using "projection"?

Is this why we have 4% of the world's population but 22% of its covid deaths? Please tell us how this is being pro-life?

How about his rejection of climate change, the danger of which may well endanger the life of billions worldwide during this century according to our own Department of Defense. What about capital punishment that he still is for even though Jesus said "Let he whom is without sin cast the first stone"? What about income disparity that Greenspan said is the greatest single threat to our country? What about his endorsement of the proliferation of guns in our society whereas we have a homicide rate several times higher than most other western industrialized countries?

Seems that your "pro-life" position is extremely limited.
I appreciate your thoughts, though we see things differently.
I am not looking at Trump as a savior, a pastor, or one with good moral character. Nor can I say I believe he is a Christian. He may well be pandering, as you say. Nevertheless, his policies make a difference when it comes to saving the lives of unborn babies or born after surviving an abortion, here and around the world. His policies make a difference in the terrible situation of human trafficking. His policies have made a difference in benefiting black communities, businesses, colleges, and better educational choices. His
policies have helped immensely with needed prison reform..

The Senate just passed the biggest prison reform bill in a generation

I believe there should be the death penalty for certain crimes. Unrepentant murderers or child rapists deserve death. This doesn’t contradict the words or mercy of Jesus. His forgiveness/eternal life is always available for anyone who is truly sorry and desires to sin no more, but God has also established the human authority to carry out justice in society.
I can’t get into the complicated and controversial subject of climate change right now. I don’t deny climate change. What I question are the inconsistent methods in dealing with it and/or the ulterior motives some have in using climate change as a means for more profit or power control.
I think you should research your covid info a little more. But maybe you might ask why did Governor Cuomo of NY force nursing homes to take infected patients? Why did Mayor Bill de Balsio not shutdown the subways for weeks? And why was Nancy Pelosi telling people to go out to restaurants? All of them initially loudly condemned Trump for putting travels restrictions of flights from China in January. There has been so much inconsistency, unscientific, and political manipulation surrounding the covid situation from all sides, there’s no way you can legitimately blame Trump for the situation.
Personally, I think he is only hated so much by the left and the media because he goes against the status quo and the global elites who see him as a big hinderance to their profits and power.

metis

Nevertheless, his policies make a difference when it comes to saving the lives of unborn babies or born after surviving an abortion, here and around the world.
Again, that's one pro-life issue.

His policies have made a difference in benefiting black communities, businesses, colleges, and better educational choices.
Which was an extension of what was happening under Obama if you check out the economic curve.

His
policies have helped immensely with needed prison reform..
That I do give him credit for.

I believe there should be the death penalty for certain crimes.
Then you're not really being pro-life, as with prisons and jails there simply is no moral justification for the death penalty. Plus, it's an assumption that a person cannot be reformed, which is the opposite of what Jesus and the prophets taught.

I think you should research your covid info a little more. But maybe you might ask why did Governor Cuomo of NY force nursing homes to take infected patients?
I'm a "news freak" and a scientist, which Trump and his blind supporters abhor.

In regards to Cuomo, they were running out of room in hospitals, thus what would you expect them to do, just throw them into the street? Instead, they separated the nursing homes to try and make room, and the proof is in the pudding in that New York has one of the lowest rates in the country.

A recent study by Colombia University has it that if Trump had acted as he was advised by the medical experts and economists, we would have roughly 100,000 less fatalities by the end of spring, but he did not take such actions. Thus, again you are not supporting what's "pro-life".

Why did Mayor Bill de Balsio not shutdown the subways for weeks?
They're fantastic breeding grounds for viruses, that's why. And yet again, you're not being "pro-life"

All of them initially loudly condemned Trump for putting travels restrictions of flights from China in January.
40,000 still came in from China via Europe.

And how's the virus doing right now here? Again, you're position is not "pro-life".

There has been so much inconsistency, unscientific, and political manipulation surrounding the covid situation from all sides, there’s no way you can legitimately blame Trump for the situation.
Nonsense. It's taken some time for the medical experts to wrap their heads around the virus since it's new, but by the end of March the general picture was quite clear.

Personally, I think he is only hated so much by the left and the media because he goes against the status quo and the global elites who see him as a big hinderance to their profits and power.
"Nice" stereotype. Tell us, which other groups do you stereotype?

You don't know the science, you've made that clear, and you support a leader who "has no moral compass". Trump spews hate, hate, and more hate on pretty much a daily basis, so why would you support a man like that versus Jesus' repeated message on "love one another as I have loved you"?

To put it another way, "You are like the company you keep".

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Again, that's one pro-life issue.
Do you really not know how "pro-life" is used by those who
oppose abortion? I notice that you don't challenge "pro-choice"
abortion advocates for being pro choice about everything,
eg, choosing to not pay taxes.

Milton Platt

I am 41, but this will be my first time voting not decided by hallucinations and delusions.

Climate change has always been the most important for me, but Trump just signed his executive order to plant 1.2 trillion trees, so I could ditch him now if I wanted.

Now I think racial equality is most important, but I think raising awareness peacefully and helping the whole economy, creating good opportunity is the way to go. There is systemic racism!

Since they are roughly equal, Donald Trump deserves my gratitude for all he's done including the trees.

Oh, and the most important thing (racial equality may equal it) is resisting secularism so the gospel of Jesus Christ may spread. Trump's got my back even if he doesn't care personally.

He can be rude, uncivil and dishonest, but that's going to be my vote. We can't miss the forest for the trees. Will vote as soon as I see a friend.

The tree thing is just him trying to buy votes before the election. if you look back on the elimination of EPA protections, the opposition to cleaner autos, the support of the fossil fuel industry (including coal), the negative remarks concerning wind and solar power, I do not see how the trees (not yet planted) make him a conservationist. He has had nearly 4 years to sign that order.......... But it is a free country and you should vote your conscience.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
The tree thing is just him trying to buy votes before the election. if you look back on the elimination of EPA protections, the opposition to cleaner autos, the support of the fossil fuel industry (including coal), the negative remarks concerning wind and solar power, I do not see how the trees (not yet planted) make him a conservationist. He has had nearly 4 years to sign that order.......... But it is a free country and you should vote your conscience.
Thank you he better plant the trees if he wins! I just think he knows that because I see in him a soul.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Of course this was not even Trump's idea, and there are arguably quite a few flaws with it. In 2015 there were about three trillion trees in the world.

Trillion Tree Campaign - Wikipedia

Planting a tree in no way guarantees that it will survive to become an adult tree. If you ever raised a garden you would know that there are quite a few plants where you sow far more than you expect to grow. In fact many are often thinned. The problem with planting a trillion trees is where would you plant them? It is far better to deal with the causes of AGW rather than implementing a almost certainly failed "cure".

InChrist

Free4ever
In regards to Cuomo, they were running out of room in hospitals, thus what would you expect them to do, just throw them into the street? Instead, they separated the nursing homes to try and make room, and the proof is in the pudding in that New York has one of the lowest rates in the country
How can you say New York has one of the lowest rates in the country, if you actually read the news!?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/medicalxpress.com/news/2020-07-covid-death-high-york-city.amp

There was a hospital ship in the harbor off New York City which had 1000 beds available, only 186 were used and thousands of hospital beds were set up in a convention center, which were hardly used. Why weren’t infected patients sent to these instead nursing homes where they posed a danger to the residents?

Hospital ship Comfort departs NYC, having treated fewer than 200 patients

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsj.com/amp/articles/cuomos-covid-response-was-never-so-great-11594243450

B
YW, I agree the covid virus spreads on subways. That’s why I asked, why didn’t Mayor de Balsio shut them down sooner? He waited weeks and weeks.

Anyway, Trump may be an arrogant loud mouth, rather than a polished politician, but I really think it’s the media spewing out lies, taking things out of context to purposely stir up hate. I’ve never seen anything like this before. The hate against Trump is unprecedented and seems beyond normal, but my husband is reading 1984 right now and it reminds me of the “hate sessions” which were held to get people worked up in a frenzy of hate against the dissident. Trump is the dissident today. He’s not going along with the globalist agenda and the corporate multinationals plan for control and profit. So he has to be targeted, attacked, and taken down.

If you’re a news freak, here’s some for you...

President Trump's black voter approval skyrockets to 46% | Leo Terrell

metis

How can you say New York has one of the lowest rates in the country, if you actually read the news!?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/medicalxpress.com/news/2020-07-covid-death-high-york-city.amp
Did you check the date on that?

Here's the covid rate by state per capita, but remember that NYC got hit really hard at the beginning: U.S. COVID-19 case rate by state | Statista

This is the current rate, so please note where NY stands: Coronavirus Maps: How Severe Is Your State's Outbreak? | WAMU

Anyway, Trump may be an arrogant loud mouth, rather than a polished politician, but I really think it’s the media spewing out lies, taking things out of context to purposely stir up hate.
Says who, Fox?

Again, anyone who actually pays attention at any of his rallies well knows that he spews hatred constantly, name-calling, blaming others, making fun of people, stereotyping people and groups, telling lie after lie-- clearly the opposite of what Jesus would say is moral.

BTW, the New Hampshire Union Leader yesterday endorsed Biden/Harris, which is the first time in 100 years they endorsed a Dem, and here you can read why: [I'll use Fox so you don't yell "fake news!"]: New Hampshire newspaper backs Biden, first Democrat for president in 100 years

Hildeburh

I am 41, but this will be my first time voting not decided by hallucinations and delusions.

Climate change has always been the most important for me, but Trump just signed his executive order to plant 1.2 trillion trees, so I could ditch him now if I wanted.

Now I think racial equality is most important, but I think raising awareness peacefully and helping the whole economy, creating good opportunity is the way to go. There is systemic racism!

Since they are roughly equal, Donald Trump deserves my gratitude for all he's done including the trees.

Oh, and the most important thing (racial equality may equal it) is resisting secularism so the gospel of Jesus Christ may spread. Trump's got my back even if he doesn't care personally.

He can be rude, uncivil and dishonest, but that's going to be my vote. We can't miss the forest for the trees. Will vote as soon as I see a friend.

Donald Trump has roled back 95 environmental protections and you think Trump the climate change denier is seriously planning to commit the funds and manpower to plant 1.2 trillion trees.

Lol

metis

Donald Trump has roled back 95 environmental protections and you think Trump the climate change denier is seriously planning to commit the funds and manpower to plant 1.2 trillion trees.

Lol
Yep, and Trump even brags about how effective he is at pandering in order to "seal the deal" in his book "The Art of the Deal".

To the evangelicals, he especially panders on the issue of abortion even though he's been pro-choice all his adult life. Out East, he's well know as being a "con man", which is also one reason why he hasn't been able to secure loans from western banks with the exception of DeutscheBank, which was fined hundreds of millions of dollars last year for money laundering and which has ties with Putin associates. It has long made me wonder if this is at least one reason why Trump refuses to badmouth Putin or install any sanctions against Russia even though Putin payed for a bounty on American soldier's heads in Afghanistan.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
President Trump is pro-life, whereas Joe Biden and Kampala Harris support the killing of babies through abortion up to their due date and letting a child die if it survives a botched abortion.
Just because Biden is a polished career politician on the outside doesn’t mean he’s nice or caring. It makes him the bigger hypocrite. Anyone who thinks it’s okay to murder a baby at forty weeks truly has no compassion for human life.

I appreciate Ben Shapiro’s perspective...

Do people who are pro-life institute policies that tear children from families seeking a better life for themselves, lock those children up in cages and then dump those children off alone in another country? And then admits they're doing at as a deterrent to keep refugees away?
Is that pro-life to you?

Do people who are pro-life allow a pandemic to ravage the country, killing hundreds of thousands of people, all while telling people it's going away and denigrating the use of masks as protection against the virus and even mocking those who wear them, holding giant rallies of mask-less people crammed into small spaces and completely ignoring all guidelines recommended by disease specialists? Is that pro-life to you?

Last edited: