• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why I'm voting for Trump

Sw. Vandana Jyothi

Truth is One, many are the Names
Premium Member
Judging from the order and Trump's reputation, I think we'll see the 1.2 trillion trees and I believe it will cancel 10 years of CO2 emissions which is in line with scientific goals.

If I've been had, I hope it can be shown to me in the order.

Trump's reputation for getting righteous things done?? You're kidding, right? And which CO2 emission chart are you looking at? The one predicted before he rolled back all manner of environmental protections or the one coming up?

And what do you mean you "hope it can be shown to me in the order"? Again I ask, did you read it?? He's setting up a council to TALK about planting trees, not planting trees.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Our goal as missionaries is ultimately to help people be happy. Since gospel principles are important, we believe, people we hope will be glad to hear it.
Then why would one support a man who spews hate on a regular basis? Jesus said to "Love one another as I have loved you", not "Call people names and assume they're guilty, and it's all fine and dandy to be hedonistic and materialistic, plus maybe have a prostitute or two on the side and it's OK to grope women...". That sounds much more "Satanic" than Christ-like.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
Then why would one support a man who spews hate on a regular basis? Jesus said to "Love one another as I have loved you", not "Call people names and assume they're guilty, and it's all fine and dandy to be hedonistic and materialistic, plus maybe have a prostitute or two on the side and it's OK to grope women...". That sounds much more "Satanic" than Christ-like.
Because we are grateful for his good policies anyway.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
Trump's reputation for getting righteous things done?? You're kidding, right? And which CO2 emission chart are you looking at? The one predicted before he rolled back all manner of environmental protections or the one coming up?

And what do you mean you "hope it can be shown to me in the order"? Again I ask, did you read it?? He's setting up a council to TALK about planting trees, not planting trees.
OK giving that he promised it and now has made the order (executive order) I seriously doubt it won't get done.

Sw. Vandana Jyothi

Truth is One, many are the Names
Premium Member
OK giving that he promised it and now has made the order (executive order) I seriously doubt it won't get done.

:facepalm: Maybe third time's the charm? Did you read where he's going to set up a council to TALK about trees? He's good at talking (and setting up groups whose advice he ignores), so, like you, I also seriously doubt that all that talking won't get done. Which I keep trying to point out is not the same as PLANTING TREES! Now, done here. Over and out on this.

Bear Wild

Judging from the order and Trump's reputation, I think we'll see the 1.2 trillion trees and I believe it will cancel 10 years of CO2 emissions which is in line with scientific goals.

If I've been had, I hope it can be shown to me in the order.

I honestly hope and pray for racial equality.

You are missing the important information of what Trump been actually doing. He has increased the cutting of national forest trees opening them to companies for logging. This 1.2 trillion tree planting is a desperate political move just before the election. His entire presidency has been destructive to national forests with increased logging and his environmental policies are contributing to climate change in direct opposition to what this proposal is about. His record gives you the reality of his intentions not just a bill which is only just a paper. He had 4 years to make a difference and he did the opposite.

We need to rejoin the world effort to stop climate change not withdraw from the world effort to control climate change. Trump cannot join, he only knows how to divide.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Because we are grateful for his good policies anyway.
So, not being pro-life is more moral than his other supposed "good policies"?

Seems like you're looking for convenient ways out of actually sticking to the Gospel, I hate to say. Jesus condemned that as being hypocritical, much like he blamed so many of the Pharisees for exactly the same thing namely, to put it in modern terminology, they would talk-the-talk but not be willing to walk-the-walk. There's no excuse under the Gospel to support leaders who are hedonistic, materialistic, dishonest, and who couldn't care less about saving human life other than his own as we've repeatedly seen with Trump.

If it's money that's more important than the Gospel, then that's one's real "god".