• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why I'm Not A "Feminist"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Well, now that we're on this topic, would it be better if we separated the men's issues forum and the feminist forum into Private forums that can only be accessed by those who identify, and where nobody else can even see what the others are discussing?
That seems a poor solution, since I'd be prohibited from posting in either forum. (It's all about me,
ya know.) The purpose of a green forum was to allow anyone to post, but things would be kept civil.
It seems that being green does not function as I thought it would, since rancor & derailment are as
rife as the uncolored threads.

Apex

Somewhere Around Nothing
That's up to staff to decide. Not you. You can report, but it isn't up to you, Apex. It takes 3 moderators to come to consensus, but of course this is all spelled out in the Rules and Regulations and ToS.
It does not take a genius to see that there is a massive amount of critical posts in this thread that were blatant rule violations. And I know how the moderation works. I have been on staff before. And that is still all completely besides my point. My point is that those critical of MRM issues could have the common decency to take their issues to separate threads in the appropriate forums. What would be wrong with that? Notice how people have been respecting the purple feminist forum. Why can the same not be done for the green one?

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Or everyone critical of MRM issues could have just followed the rules in the first place when it came to posting in a green forum. Why could that not have been done?

The Men's Issues subforum was never meant as a strictly MRM subforum.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
But if lots of people say that they don't like feminism for similar reasons, maybe it isn't a straw man argument.

No, it's still a straw man, one that's circulated among people who buy into it.

I wonder how many of them are actually familiar with feminist theories and activists?

Status
Not open for further replies.