• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why I'm Not A "Feminist"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
... for if she did, it would be his duty to kindly show her the back of his hand and smack some sense into her.

In my humble opinion ma'am, I'm a man and I believe a good man listens to his beloved wife and cares for what she's got to say!

Forgive me, I don't mean any disrespect, I only wanted to share my opinion!

CynthiaCypher

The theme of the OP is not really offering any issue or stance to debate.
The reasons which I (or anyone else) have for not identifying as a feminist are
certainly up for discussion, but I'd prefer that it not descend into a rancorous
& irrelevant criticism of MRAs, & a donnybrook between feminists & nons.
The green forum is still most appropriate.

You started this thread with what was basically a strawman argument criticizing feminism. So that made it a debate from the get go. If you created that strawman in the hope that feminist would not respond because of where you posting this thread then you were deliberately baiting and trolling us.

Triumphant_Loser

Libertarian Egalitarian
In my humble opinion ma'am, I'm a man and I believe a good man listens to his beloved wife and cares for what she's got to say!

Forgive me, I don't mean any disrespect, I only wanted to share my opinion!

I'm gonna have to agree with Smart_Guy. Nobody should be hitting anybody... male or female.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
You started this thread with what was basically a strawman argument criticizing feminism. So that made it a debate from the get go. If you created that strawman in the hope that feminist would not respond because of where you posting this thread then you were deliberately baiting and trolling us.
if you believe it to be a "strawman" you could give discussion of your reasons, instead of just sniping without any
cogent argument. This thread is open to feminists, & some of the civil ones have been making relevant posts.
As for your accusation of "baiting & trolling".....
jN1mrbv.gif

Last edited:

Apex

Somewhere Around Nothing
Mod Post

Thread moved to debates.
So is this how threads in green forums are to be treated? Posters can just derail the thread with inappropriate posts (for a green) and instead of asking them to stop the thread just gets moved? This undermines the very purpose for having the different colors of forums.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
So is this how threads in green forums are to be treated? Posters can just derail the thread with inappropriate posts (for a green) and instead of asking them to stop the thread just gets moved? This undermines the very purpose for having the different colors of forums.
So it seems.
Members of the purple forum can come here & move it as they please.

CynthiaCypher

if you believe it to be a "strawman" you could give discussion of your reasons, instead of just sniping without any cogent argument. This thread is open to feminists, & some of the civil ones have been making relevant posts.

I and others have been trying to give you and other anti-feminist in this thread coherent definitions of the terms used in feminism and of the concepts you say you are against. I and others have given proof that many MRA's are misogynistic. I and others have more than once given examples as to what patriarchy entails and you and other anti-feminist dismissed it and reverted to your strawman over and over again.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member

Actually, this thread was started partially in response to another discussion/debate on feminism in a different thread.

I don't think it was deliberate baiting and trolling. That's not Revolt's style.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I and others have been trying to give you and other anti-feminist in this thread coherent definitions of the terms used in feminism and of the concepts you say you are against. I and others have given proof that many MRA's are misogynistic. I and others have more than once given examples as to what patriarchy entails and you and other anti-feminist dismissed it and reverted to your strawman over and over again.
You're welcome to give alternate definitions, but you cannot force them upon others.
Your making my thread about MRAs you dislike is dishonest & selfish.
Your claim that I'm anti-feminist is also dishonest, given my clarity on agreeing with the philosophy.
You have a purple forum where you can carp about MRAs & avoid contradiction. This is not the place.
If you do want to continue here, you should re-read the OP, so that you understand & comply.

Last edited:

CynthiaCypher

Actually, this thread was started partially in response to another discussion/debate on feminism in a different thread.

I don't think it was deliberate baiting and trolling. That's not Revolt's style.

I'll take your word for it. But if a person is going to say that do not like feminism because feminism is such and such and that such and such is nothing but a strawman argument then that strawman will provoke a response from feminists.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
I'll take your word for it. But if a person is going to say that do not like feminism because feminism is such and such and that such and such is nothing but a strawman argument then that strawman will provoke a response from feminists.

I know. I was one of the feminists who responded.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
So it seems.
Members of the purple forum can come here & move it as they please.

It's not a big prob........
Honestly, a green 'Men's Issues' is as odd as a purple-same-faith 'Feminism' in my view. I queried this at the beginning. Remember?

To get back on track...... I'm not a Feminist either. I support gender equality and sexuality equality in every area that I know of, but would never identify as Feminist because the Feminist agenda and viewpoint is not as wide as the Egalitarian agenda and viewpoint. And so, whilst being a supporter I could never take part in a same-faith Feminist thread. There could never be an Egalitarian same-faith thread because Egalitarians would have to object to it, or not be egalitarians. There's the difference on RF..... the world difference is stupendous.

CynthiaCypher

You're welcome to give alternate definitions, but you cannot force them upon others.

So basically you are saying I don't get to deconstruct your strawman.

Your making my thread about MRAs you dislike is dishonest & selfish.

You brought them up in your opposition has to why feminism is bad.

Your claim that I'm anti-feminist is also dishonest, given my clarity on agreeing with the philosophy.

I have yet to see you make a pro-feminist statement yet.

This is not the place.

It is now. And the kid gloves are off now.

If you do want to continue here, you should re-read the OP, so that you understand & comply.

Go back and you will see I answered just about every point of the OP and you either ignored my points or just outright dismissed them. And I did so civilly. So don't try to pull the tone argument on me again.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
So basically you are saying I don't get to deconstruct your strawman.
You infer incorrectly.

You brought them up in your opposition has to why feminism is bad
I didn't say feminism is bad.

I have yet to see you make a pro-feminist statement yet.
I am not surprised you missed them.

It is now. And the kid gloves are off now.
Yours were on?

Go back and you will see I answered just about every point of the OP and you either ignored my points or just outright dismissed them. And I did so civilly. So don't try to pull the tone argument on me again.
I generally ignore & dismiss posts which are abusive & lacking substance.
If you do want to discuss things in a more peaceful fashion, then I'm up for it.

Last edited:

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Well, now that we're on this topic, would it be better if we separated the men's issues forum and the feminist forum into Private forums that can only be accessed by those who identify, and where nobody else can even see what the others are discussing?

That way, the RF conspiracy theorists can have a place where they can talk about why they're not feminists without any derailment, and where feminists can talk about activism against patriarchal systems without any derailment (or any bitter and RF conspiracy-theorist lurkers).

Do we need to consider putting everybody in even MORE neutral corners?

Apex

Somewhere Around Nothing
Well, now that we're on this topic, would it be better if we separated the men's issues forum and the feminist forum into Private forums that can only be accessed by those who identify, and where nobody else can even see what the others are discussing?

That way, the RF conspiracy theorists can have a place where they can talk about why they're not feminists without any derailment, and where feminists can talk about activism against patriarchal systems without any derailment (or any bitter and RF conspiracy-theorist lurkers).

Or everyone critical of MRM issues could have just followed the rules in the first place when it came to posting in a green forum. Why could that not have been done?

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member

I would just join both, then. :D

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Or everyone critical of MRM issues could have just followed the rules in the first place when it came to posting in a green forum. Why could that not have been done?

That's up to staff to decide. Not you. You can report, but it isn't up to you, Apex. It takes 3 moderators to come to consensus, but of course this is all spelled out in the Rules and Regulations and ToS.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn

But if lots of people say that they don't like feminism for similar reasons, maybe it isn't a straw man argument.

I am all about egalitarian feminism. The "capital F" feminism seems to include much more.

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.