• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why i'm against sex before marriage

Starlight

Spiritual but not religious, new age and omnist
But isn't abortion a crime against the child/fœtus? Isn't a child of rape as pure and blameless as a child of marriage?
Why would you kill an innocent 'child', just because it was the product of rape?

If it's to assuage the mother's mental or social health, isn't that the same reasoning the 'pro-abortion' people use?
I have answered this in the post above

Starlight

Spiritual but not religious, new age and omnist
What are you talking about? The post is clear. Sex outside marriage should be punishable by law.
:babyangel:
Read my post 70 on page 4 in this tread. In that post I mention a different solution (and most likely better solution)

Fallen Prophet

I'm against sex before marriage because when people have sex with different boyfriends/girlfriends without marriage (and often people begin with sex in their teenage years) then it is high risk of becoming pregnant and many women and teenage girls choose abortion.

But if people is virgin to they are adult and get married (to the person they want to have a family with/or the person they want to spend the rest of their life with) then the abortions numbers will be much fewer! Then the abortion numbers will go down!

So the best solution to get much fewer abortions is that people do not have sex outside marriage!

I believe abortion is murder (except if a child or woman has been raped, or the woman have a illness so she is in risk of dying in child birth).

And even if you do not believe abortion is murder, you do agree i hope that it is best to try get the abortion numbers to get fewer?

Because of this i believe that to not have sex before marriage is the most moral.

What do you think about this? Any thoughts?
Yep - premarital sex is bad - good job.

firedragon

Veteran Member

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Thats only the United States. Of course abstinence will not work there. And also it will not work many other countries where the culture is casual sex.

Any global studies? Where they have implemented, not just education.
Pretty sure abstinence only education only really exists in America and maybe private schools in the west. Only countries that do that but worse is perhaps developing countries. Where such a lack of basic education actively harms the communities in the long term. So basically only causes undue suffering. Dude I grew up on documentaries basically saying that, like seriously, no joke.

Scientists have been saying for longer than I’ve been alive that such an approach (abstinence only) is not only ineffective but actually harmful as it does nothing to reduce STDs and can actually lead to an increase of “accidental” sexual assault among teens since they may not be fully aware of their own rights/bodies. Not to mention a teen might have an undiagnosed condition that they may delay getting treatment for because they simply don’t know anything about human anatomy.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/janetw...hat-abstinence-only-education-hurts-kids/amp/

By all means stress abstinence in your kids if you want. That’s absolutely fine.
But to deprive them of basic knowledge about sex, sexual health and their own bodies is not only unethical but I’m pretty sure is considered a human rights violation by the UN

Jos

Can anyone tell me what's the best way to get sterilized completely? Maybe I should get chemically castrated...

firedragon

Veteran Member
Pretty sure abstinence only education only really exists in America and maybe private schools in the west. Only countries that do that but worse is perhaps developing countries. Which only causes undue suffering. Dude I grew up on documentaries basically saying that, like seriously, no joke.

Scientists have been saying for longer than I’ve been alive that such an approach (abstinence only) is not only ineffective but actually harmful as it does nothing to reduce STDs and can actually lead to an increase of “accidental” sexual assault among teens since they may not be fully aware of their own rights/bodies. Not to mention a teen might have an undiagnosed condition that they may delay getting treatment for because they simply don’t know anything about human anatomy.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/janetw...hat-abstinence-only-education-hurts-kids/amp/

By all means stress abstinence in your kids if you want. That’s absolutely fine.
But to deprive them of basic knowledge about sex, sexual health and their own bodies is not only unethical but I’m pretty sure is considered a human rights violation by the UN

Lol. the thing is, I never said abstinence only education works. Maybe you made that assumption because I asked for studies.

I ask for studies about any social fact statement. That doesnt mean I oppose it. I dont know who said to deprive growing up kids of sex education things like that. Maybe you responded to the wrong post by mistake. ;)

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Lol. the thing is, I never said abstinence only education works. Maybe you made that assumption because I asked for studies.

I ask for studies about any social fact statement. That doesnt mean I oppose it. I dont know who said to deprive growing up kids of sex education things like that. Maybe you responded to the wrong post by mistake. ;)
You know what? I probably did respond to the wrong post. My apologies. This thread is blowing up lol

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I do agree that promiscuity is not that romantic.
But a stable couple can have sex, I guess if it deals with real love.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
I'm against sex before marriage because when people have sex with different boyfriends/girlfriends without marriage (and often people begin with sex in their teenage years) then it is high risk of becoming pregnant and many women and teenage girls choose abortion.

But if people is virgin to they are adult and get married (to the person they want to have a family with/or the person they want to spend the rest of their life with) then the abortions numbers will be much fewer! Then the abortion numbers will go down!

So the best solution to get much fewer abortions is that people do not have sex outside marriage!

I believe abortion is murder (except if a child or woman has been raped, or the woman have a illness so she is in risk of dying in child birth).

And even if you do not believe abortion is murder, you do agree i hope that it is best to try get the abortion numbers to get fewer?

Because of this i believe that to not have sex before marriage is the most moral.

What do you think about this? Any thoughts?
I agree.
Another benefit are fewer STD’s , also.

(But hardly anyone wants to follow those guidelines. IMO, Society’s, i.e., the world’s, desire for sexual freedom is one reason the Bible is rejected & attacked by so many today. And now we can observe cultural deterioration....)