• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why i'm against sex before marriage

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Meandflower said:
in my opinion the solution to this problem is that sex outside marriage become illigal.
Making a strong physical drive a crime just invites social chaos. Even outlawing something popular, like alcohol, has had negative social effects.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Speaking anthropologically, some form of "marriage" is nearly universal, though some forms might be unrecognizable as marriage by outsiders. Moreover. Marriage and sexual exclusivity don't aways go hand in hand.
Sure. But that's not what the OP means when they're talking about marriage. And I'm sure if you asked them, a marriage without a pledge towards sexual exclusivity isn't a marriage at all by their estimation. And to me all forms of legalism are artificial by definition. Doesn't mean the reasoning behind their use isn't natural though. Same with taxes, communal resources and tithing is pretty ubiquitous with human civilization but I wouldn't call it natural. Ditto clothing.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
@ADigitalArtist marriage is natural because romance, love, and honor are all natural in humans, and honor combined with lust and love, means we ought to get married, there is no other solution. Without marriage, honor of humans and in society is ruined and we reach disgraceful states as a people and as individuals.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
@ADigitalArtist marriage is natural because romance, love, and honor are all natural in humans, and honor combined with lust and love, means we ought to get married, there is no other solution. Without marriage, honor of humans and in society is ruined and we reach disgraceful states as a people and as individuals.
Okay. I disagree on pretty much all points.

Starlight

Spiritual but not religious, new age and omnist
So, I must assume you're not a Christian. Because Christianity forbids sex before marriage. That should be sufficient. :p Anyway...
No i'm not christian

The only logical and good argument against sex before marriage is what I wrote in this tread. In my opinion

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
No i'm not christian

The only logical and good argument against sex before marriage is what I wrote in this tread. In my opinion

It can be solved by technology now (condoms, birth-control, surgery). I think you have part of the reason, but not the main one.

QuestioningMind

I'm against sex before marriage because when people have sex with different boyfriends/girlfriends without marriage (and often people begin with sex in their teenage years) then it is high risk of becoming pregnant and many women and teenage girls choose abortion.

But if people is virgin to they are adult and get married (to the person they want to have a family with/or the person they want to spend the rest of their life with) then the abortions numbers will be much fewer! Then the abortion numbers will go down!

So the best solution to get much fewer abortions is that people do not have sex outside marriage!

I believe abortion is murder (except if a child or woman has been raped, or the woman have a illness so she is in risk of dying in child birth).

And even if you do not believe abortion is murder, you do agree i hope that it is best to try get the abortion numbers to get fewer?

Because of this i believe that to not have sex before marriage is the most moral.

What do you think about this? Any thoughts?

Educate people about birth control and make it readily available and unwanted pregnancies won't be an issue.