• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why i'm against sex before marriage

pearl

Is there not a justified place for shared instant sexual gratification and pleasure. Why should such pleasure derived from sexual activity be proscribed?

I was referring more to a meet and greet, where the greet takes place in the bedroom.

As you can see the Requirement of marriage to engage in sex, is a false premises in regard to abortion.

I refer to belief that sex ought to be relational.

These outcomes can undoubtedly be greatly reduced by sex education and contraception.

Agreed

Research into long term contraception would seem to be the way to go. with the "holey grail" being to render both males and females sterile, until such time as they wanted a child. with the normal state being sterile. and the temporary state fertile.

Contraception only works if it is followed correctly. The old Catholic joke; meet my 5 sons, sneaky, leaky, and the 3 rhythm boys.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Sometimes we have to choose the opinion who is the lesser evil.

Yes abortion is bad and murder.

But is it morally right to force a rape victim with trauma and mental problems because of the rape to going trough pregnancy?

In my opinion is that to force a rape victim with trauma to going trough the pregnancy bad and not morally good.
Then we have to choose. What is most bad of those two opinions?

In cases like that people have to choose what they believe is the lesser evil

Me personally, if i was a rape victim i would never take abortion. I would never take abortion no matter what.

But other people have different opinions. And choose and think different

And many people think that the violation of the rights a woman has over her own body overcomes the moral considerations of an embryo that does not yet have a functioning brain.

Starlight

Spiritual but not religious, new age and omnist
That's well reasoned, but its possible there are more reasons than that. In The Baha'i Faith we are not supposed to have sex before marriage, and possible reasons are not to spread sexual diseases like especially HIV, and also love is more than sex and having sex causes one to have a marriage with someone you are originally attracted to, but you find you are otherwise incompatible with each other after you get married. Romantic love fades after a while, in which sexual feelings are involved. You need to know each other's character before marriage and having sex amplifies sexual feelings, which causes a person to be blind to their faults, perhaps. Love does not have to be blind. Love can be on a more spiritual plane.
Your arguments about why it is best to wait with sex to after marriage is so good! Everyone should read this answer you wrote. Because of your very logical and good arguments i am now sure sex after marriage is the best decision. You are really a wise soul!