• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why I will never work at Mcdonalds again!

Regiomontanus

Ματαιοδοξία ματαιοδοξιών! Όλα είναι ματαιοδοξία.
The food alone is valid reason not to eat there. Yuck.

I've heard some horror stories about McDonald's. Its true that one is probably better off not working there if they can help it.

Yeah but their biscuit w/ egg and cheese on it...yum.

Regiomontanus

Ματαιοδοξία ματαιοδοξιών! Όλα είναι ματαιοδοξία.
I'm never up in time for all that.

Pre-Covid they had breakfast all day, though that only started a year or two before that.

Covid has also killed off several salad bars in restaurants near me, which really sucks :)

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Pre-Covid they had breakfast all day, though that only started a year or two before that.

Covid has also killed off several salad bars in restaurants near me, which really sucks :)

I remember that.

The labor shortages are killing a lot of restaurant business off here. Those that don't close are often shutting down for a day or two during the week because there's not enough staff. The restaurant my husband works at has stayed open during all of this, and has not shut down any days(they just slave drive their workers, who, for whatever reason, tolerate it), and their business has boomed. They're getting all the business from the closed venues.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
I worked at Mcdonalds in Denver. The owner was told she would face a huge fine if she didn't fire all her illegal immigrants. She fired them all and they did the job way better than the Americans did. Quite frankly, after the illegals were fired, there was hardly anyone left, making drive-through times an outrageous wait, and terribly stressful!

We were way understaffed and I proceeded to stab myself at a certain point with a box-cutter, not really trying to die, just fed up with my job and left a trail of blood throughout the restaurant. I went out with a bang I suppose and will never list them as refrences, and and will be unemployed rather than work Mcdonalds again.

My last job was working as a remodeling assistant for some Vietnamese immigrant last spring, but then someone stole my phone and it had his number, and I was forced into a facility for a few months, so I don't know how to get a hold of the guy again. It's unfortunate because it was one of the better jobs I've had.

Here are some other reasons you should never work there and possibly never even eat there. It's actually worth reading how terrible Mcdonalds is:
The Untold Truth Of McDonald's
1. They sell pieces of dead animals.
2. See (1).

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Sounds good. Maybe when the current outbreak has died down a bit. I am fully vaxxed and have natural immunity to boot, but one's activities are limited a bit right now.

True. My wife and I are vaxxed as well. But yeah, we need to let the outbreak fizzle some. Hopefully, Mu doesn't become dominant.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
I still remember when their fries wss at one time the best thing around. Then they were forced to change the oils.
I like Burger Kings, but I honestly think that McD's Fries are better.
The very very best Burger places here are 'Wendy's' but they are very few and far between.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I mean...... who ever heard of Fish 'n' Fries? :D
I know. It is sad. Even in the US our fish and chips are always served with fries. These seem totally out of place with that dish:

426281_o03_063020

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
I know. It is sad. Even in the US our fish and chips are always served with fries. These seem totally out of place with that dish:
Oh dear........ Our chips can be 1/2" x 1/2" and four or five inches long (I'm talking chips here, you understand?) and they are not dry and hard (snappy) but soft and tasty. I'd send you some in the post but your Customs would probably throw a fit about illegal foodstuffs or something...... and of course they'd be cold and yukky by arrival.