• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why I will never work at Mcdonalds again!

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
They are either third or fourth place here. Good commercials.

America will never be great until you get some fish n chip shops. It killed me over there not being able to get fish n chips and don't get me started on the lack of meat pies.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
America will never be great until you get some fish n chip shops. It killed me over there not being able to get fish n chips and don't get me started on the lack of meat pies.
Pies are pretty much a desert item here. And so much better than anywhere else.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Too fancy.
Yes and no. They have both fancy restaurants, but also fish and chips places. My city has an Ivar's Fish and Chips. It is a fairly typical fast food joint. Just a little more upscale than McDonald's. Their full blown restaurants are on the fancy side. Get the salmon at their restaurants and not at their fish and chips shops.

That was harder than it should have been. It is almost as if they are not nearly as proud of their fast food as they are of their restaurant offerings. Here is the menu form the fast food shops:

s_20200901232055295597.jpg

And here is some of their fast food:

upload_2021-9-16_22-53-17.jpeg

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Yes and no. They have both fancy restaurants, but also fish and chips places. My city has an Ivar's Fish and Chips. It is a fairly typical fast food joint. Just a little more upscale than McDonald's. Their full blown restaurants are on the fancy side. Get the salmon at their restaurants and not at their fish and chips shops.

That was harder than it should have been. It is almost as if they are not nearly as proud of their fast food as they are of their restaurant offerings. Here is the menu form the fast food shops:

View attachment 55294

Now you just need some of these.

pie.jpg

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Come to Seattle we have a fastfood fish n chips places. They do chowders too. Ivar's Seafood

Seafood Bar Menus

I've only been to the Bay Area and Las Vegas and a couple of weeks in Virginia Beach. The food for the most part was good but I missed a few things and I hate tipping, it drove me nuts having the wait staff being so nice, just give me the food and let me eat.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
I've only been to the Bay Area and Las Vegas and a couple of weeks in Virginia Beach. The food for the most part was good but I missed a few things and I hate tipping, it drove me nuts having the wait staff being so nice, just give me the food and let me eat.

Yeah I lived in Japan.for 4 years. Learned tipping is stupid. Pay your employees so they don't need to live off handouts from strangers IMO.

Vegas is a blast, born and raised there. Always something to do.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Yeah I lived in Japan.for 4 years. Learned tipping is stupid. Pay your employees so they don't need to live off handouts from strangers IMO.

Vegas is a blast, born and raised there. Always something to do.

My step daughter lives there, I'm a country boy and don't like cities but in Vegas it was just a few minutes in the car and you're out in the middle of no where. So I loved the 3 months I was there despite the lack of fish n chips and meat pies lol

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

View attachment 55294

So...basically here fish and chips shops are local enterprises, and most suburbs have several (there are 4 within 2 km of my house, all independently owned and run).

It was kind of our fast food before there were fast food chains, and it's never really changed, although some of the menus at them are pretty ridiculous these days...lol

This is somewhat typical I guess, but since they're mostly independent, it varies a lot.

f6bc72c9-59e7-44c0-a87c-773490c8d0cb.jpg

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
So...basically here fish and chips shops are local enterprises, and most suburbs have several (there are 4 within 2 km of my house, all independently owned and run).

It was kind of our fast food before there were fast food chains, and it's never really changed, although some of the menus at them are pretty ridiculous these days...lol

This is somewhat typical I guess, but since they're mostly independent, it varies a lot.

f6bc72c9-59e7-44c0-a87c-773490c8d0cb.jpg

Egg and bacon roll is the breakfast of champions.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I could never fathom myself ever owning a McDonalds, not ever! I just couldn't comprehend myself ever being in that position to answer the question.

I probably would have been in the position where I had to get rid of the illegals , but I'd hate to have to do that.
The fact there were illegals speaks volumes about the owner. I'm glad they were threatened.

However I do feel for the staff who are there legally.

Personally I hope the entire McDonald's chain goes under. It's time.

The food is crap.

The service is crap.

The prices are crap.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
British McDonalds sounds quite different from American McDonalds. They never sell chips here, after all they have the highest rated fries of all of fast foodom:D

And I do not think that they even know what a wrap is at Mickey D's.
Apologies.
McD's sell fries here n'all.

But their wraps are tasty. :)

RestlessSoul

McDonald's is pretty high on the list of companies I want nothing to do with, for multiple reasons. So are Virgin and Microsoft but there's no avoiding those, unfortunately.