1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why I like Pantheism

Discussion in 'Theological Concepts' started by AT-AT, Jun 3, 2019.

1. AT-AT

AT-AT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,956
    Religion:
    I finally figured out what direction I should go, when I studied the revelations of the Baha'i faith
    1. It fits well within my ideas.

2. One time I was doing a meditation video that told me to tap into the inner universe. I tried it. I even prayed to the universe. Upon praying, a burst of energy went through my body. It was an experience that's hard to put into words and takes even more bravery to talk about. I think.

3. I was presented some evidence of EVPs I wasn't quite sure how to refute. In the EVPs, the ghosts gave ideas about the afterlife and based upon what they said, I somehow came to the conclusion on my own that the universe itself might also be a spirit. This belief was a bit immature I feel, looking back on it. Considering it's much better to believe the universe is God rather than just any old spirit.

Concluding thoughts: I realize these are weak arguments to some. Still others, it may be helpful thought and sharing of opinions.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Windwalker

Windwalker Integralist
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +3,990
    Religion:
    Love, Light, and Life
    Why not just say God is Spirit, and that Spirit is All That Is. "A spirit" is simply how a dualistic mind thinks of Spirit, even though it itself is Spirit in the form of "a thought". All of this means the universe is God. That means Pantheism.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. shunyadragon

shunyadragon Veteran Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,855
    Religion:
    Baha'i Faith
    What you are describing would not be pantheism, simply pantheism is the belief that our physical existence is God. This can range from a form of atheism to a Gia model of our physical existence. In this way our physical existence is not personally involved with humanity.

Maybe some sort of panpsychism.

4. AT-AT

AT-AT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,956
    Religion:
    I finally figured out what direction I should go, when I studied the revelations of the Baha'i faith
    Pantheism is the view that everything is part of an all-encompassing, immanent God. All forms of reality may then be considered either modes of that Being, or identical with it. Some hold that pantheism is a non-religious philosophical position. To them, pantheism is the view that the Universe (in the sense of the totality of all existence) and God are identical (implying a denial of the personality and transcendence of God).

Pantheism - Wikipedia

• Like Like x 2
  5. shunyadragon

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,855
    Religion:
    Baha'i Faith
    The definition provided is the reason I believe what you describe may be a form panpsychism, panentheism, or some other belief system that allows a spiritual involvement between you and our existence where our spiritual and physical existence is one as in Double aspect theory: Double-aspect theory - Wikipedia . Pantheism just does not fit.

Spinosa was the first to describe and define 'pantheism' and a monist view of the mind body identity.

Spinoza held the monist view that the two [brain and mind] are the same, and monism is a fundamental part of his philosophy. He was described as a "God-intoxicated man," and used the word God to describe the unity of all substance.

#5 shunyadragon, Jun 3, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
  6. AT-AT

AT-AT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,956
    Religion:
    I don't understand. But oh well.

7. shunyadragon

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,855
    Religion:
    Baha'i Faith
    I amended the post with more explanation . . .

The definition provided is the reason I believe what you describe may be a form panpsychism, panentheism, or some other belief system that allows a spiritual involvement between you and our existence where our spiritual and physical existence is one as in Double aspect theory: Double-aspect theory - Wikipedia .

Spinosa was the first to describe and define 'pantheism' and a monist view of the mind body identity.

Spinoza held the monist view that the two [brain and mind] are the same, and monism is a fundamental part of his philosophy. He was described as a "God-intoxicated man," and used the word God to describe the unity of all substance.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. AT-AT

AT-AT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,956
    Religion:
    Thank you. :thumbsup:

9. shunyadragon

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,855
    Religion:
    Baha'i Faith
    It is best to explore what you believe in diverse ways without putting labels on it. I endorse exploring the universal, and not what I as an individual believe.

• Like Like x 1