• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why I like hinduism

syo

I believe the devil is true but I don't like him. There are a good many false things in Hinduism but I might like them a bit anyway.
What on earth are you talking about? There aren't any false things in hinduism!

River Sea

No, thank you. I love my meat. I don't need my Christianity taking influences from Hinduism or any other religion, either. (Not eating meat at all isn't really a Hindu practice; it's mostly a taboo against beef. Jainism is moreso what you're looking for there.) The truth, imo, doesn't need add-ons. Christianity is very much its own thing.

@Saint Frankenstein
I eat meat, and I love eating meat too. I didn't know many Hindus didn't eat meat. You were writing that not eating meat at all isn't really a Hindu practice; it's mostly a taboo against beef. So how did these Hindus, who are against beef, include this in their religion of Hinduism?

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
@Saint Frankenstein
I eat meat, and I love eating meat too. I didn't know many Hindus didn't eat meat. You were writing that not eating meat at all isn't really a Hindu practice; it's mostly a taboo against beef. So how did these Hindus, who are against beef, include this in their religion of Hinduism?
Cows are considered auspicious in Hindu belief. Here's an article that goes into detail:

Audie

Veteran Member
Why I like hinduism. Nearly 30% of the idian population is vegetarian. Hinduism is good for the animals rights. God love animals. It think hinduism is correct about that is bad to kill animals. The other religions in the world has to learn from hinduism. I hope in the future that the abrahamic faiths say no to killing animals.
Im vegetarian. I don't need to be religious to feel
one should be kind to animals.

Zwing

I like Hinduism cause it's true.
But, which part is true: the part that says the trimurti exists in actuality, or the part that says it does not?

Not being sarcastic here, but simply indicating that Hinduism is not a dogmatic or credal religion. In fact it cannot truly be said to be a single “religion” at all, but rather a collection of faiths, philosophies, and ideological positions which are sometimes contradictory, and sometimes complementary.