• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why I like hinduism

Starlight

Spiritual but not religious, new age and omnist
Why I like hinduism. Nearly 30% of the idian population is vegetarian. Hinduism is good for the animals rights. God love animals. It think hinduism is correct about that is bad to kill animals. The other religions in the world has to learn from hinduism. I hope in the future that the abrahamic faiths say no to killing animals.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
In Genesis after the fall Yahweh gave humans everything to eat. They are to take dominion over the land. I don't see there being a call to vegetarianism anytime soon.

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
Why I like hinduism. Nearly 30% of the idian population is vegetarian. Hinduism is good for the animals rights. God love animals. It think hinduism is correct about that is bad to kill animals. The other religions in the world has to learn from hinduism. I hope in the future that the abrahamic faiths say no to killing animals.
Question: What will be the food of the united people?

Answer: As humanity progresses, meat will be used less and less, for the teeth of man are not carnivorous. For example, the lion is endowed with carnivorous teeth, which are intended for meat, and if meat be not found, the lion starves. The lion cannot graze; its teeth are of different shape. The digestive system of the lion is such that it cannot receive nourishment save through meat. The eagle has a crooked beak, the lower part shorter than the upper. It cannot pick up grain; it cannot graze; therefore, it is compelled to partake of meat. The domestic animals have herbivorous teeth formed to cut grass, which is their fodder. The human teeth, the molars, are formed to grind grain. The front teeth, the incisors, are for fruits, etc. It is, therefore, quite apparent according to the implements for eating that man's food is intended to be grain and not meat. When mankind is more fully developed, the eating of meat will gradually cease.
(Abdu'l-Baha, The Promulgation of Universal Peace, p. 170)

"Thou hast written regarding the four canine teeth in man, saying that these teeth, two in the upper jaw and two in the lower, are for the purpose of eating meat. Know thou that these four teeth are not created for meat-eating, although one can eat meat with them. All the teeth of man are made for eating fruit, cereals and vegetables. These four teeth, however, are designed for breaking hard shells, such as those of almonds. But eating meat is not forbidden or unlawful, nay, the point is this, that it is possible for man to live without eating meat and still be strong. Meat is nourishing and containeth the elements of herbs, seeds and fruits; therefore sometimes it is essential for the sick and for the rehabilitation of health. There is no objection in the Law of God to the eating of meat if it is required. So if thy constitution is rather weak and thou findest meat useful, thou mayest eat it."
(From a Tablet of Abdu'l-Bahá to an individual believer:
Various, "Lights of Guidance", 24.1007.1

"But now coming to man, we see he hath neither hooked teeth nor sharp nails or claws, nor teeth like iron sickles. From this it becometh evident and manifest that the food of man is cereals and fruit. Some of the teeth of man are like millstones to grind the grain, and some are sharp to cut the fruit. Therefore he is not in need of meat, nor is he obliged to eat it. Even without eating meat he would live with the utmost vigour and energy. For example, the community of the Brahmins in India do not eat meat; notwithstanding this they are not inferior to other nations in strength, power, vigour, outward senses or intellectual virtues. Truly, the killing of animals and the eating of their meat is somewhat contrary to pity and compassion, and if one can content oneself with cereals, fruit, oil and nuts, such as pistachios, almonds and so on, it would undoubtedly be better and more pleasing."
(From a Tablet of Abdu'l-Bahá written to an individual believer:
Various, "Lights of Guidance", 24.1006.2

mangalavara

सो ऽहम्
Premium Member
It think hinduism is correct about that is bad to kill animals.

For the human being, ahiṃsā or non-injury is dharma. In the context of Sanātana Dharma (Hinduism), non-injury means not inflicting unnecessary harm on other beings. This is the best way to live as a human being. However, each one of us harms and kills microscopic beings all the time. There is no way around it. Nonetheless, we can act dharmically in our relations to non-microscopic beings. If we choose not to unnecessarily kill other beings such as animals, that’s wonderful. If we choose to unnecessarily kill any of them, there will be karmic consequences.

I appreciate that you love this about Sanātana Dharma. :praying:

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I like Hinduism because it is artfully presented to the point of being very inspirational;

because it is respectful of the variety of belief stances and predispositions that actually exist in people;

because it wise enough to not much expect people to agree on, well, anything;

and because it values wisdom and pursuits over belief as such.

Vee

Premium Member

I would love for us all to become vegetarian (as long as cheese and eggs are still allowed) but we're very far from that mentality. People have gotten so used to eating meat that in many cultures if there is no meat or fish on the plate, they don't even consider it a meal. I've had some crazy conversations with people about that.
The Bible doesn't encourage or forbid the consumption of animals, but even if religious leaders started telling people to go vegetarian, I doubt they would be successful. Changing habits is very hard even when we want to. If it's imposed, it's a lost battle.
Funny thing is that inflation is having a measure of success in reducing meat consumption. I have some friends who used to eat meat everyday day and they've asked me for vegetarian recipes because meat is so expensive, they have to cut back :laughing:

mangalavara

सो ऽहम्
Premium Member
I like Hinduism because it is artfully presented to the point of being very inspirational;

because it is respectful of the variety of belief stances and predispositions that actually exist in people;

because it wise enough to not much expect people to agree on, well, anything;

and because it values wisdom and pursuits over belief as such.

This is very well said. If I didn’t know who you are, I would assume that you are a Hindu because your words truly communicate how Hinduism really is.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
No, thank you. I love my meat. I don't need my Christianity taking influences from Hinduism or any other religion, either. (Not eating meat at all isn't really a Hindu practice; it's mostly a taboo against beef. Jainism is moreso what you're looking for there.) The truth, imo, doesn't need add-ons. Christianity is very much its own thing.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
Why not if they're just animals like any other?
I never said that. I just mentioned that, supposedly, Yahweh said that after the fall people could eat animals instead of just plants like when he talked to Adam and Eve in the Garden.

Muffled

Jesus in me
God clothed Adam and Eve with animal skins and ordered up sacrifices. The love of animals does not eliminate the primary love of God for man.