• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why I detest the JW

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
That's fine if the whole family wants to be involved in your faith. My friends family did not, only the mother chose to become a jw. It caused the breakup of the family......
Question:-
So who was your friend? The husband?
Only asking....................

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Sorry, have you not been reading my posts... There is a sign, not my problem if you guys don't read. And again with the hyperbole. You really are a whining one aren't you? Not one have i been aggressive or confrontational. However you have done your best to push the big bang button and failed.
Hmmmm...., a bit of a rant, just there......

I am not ranting, i am telling how it is, you don't like the facts then you have a choice.
You don't have the first clue about how it is.
I don't expect you ever gave a JW two seconds of your time in order to find out.

Harmless? Are you crazy? Ive seen jws rip families apart and allow innocent children to die.
Source! Prove it!
Allowing children to die that you personally knew?
I think we'll ask for a source for that.

You want to take this some where else and discuss just how harmless jws are?
JW honesty, integrity, trustworthiness, pacification, courage and tenacity are well known to any who wish to research and/or investigate.

I don't think you'd find it easy to match them, but that's just my opinion.

You learn? That surprises me.
Of course it does! I've learned facts that you can't stomach.
You're showing your prejuduce, just a touch..... :p

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Now the JWs do not, will not, have not..... killed.
Maybe you do not know that they believe in a god who will have killed everyone who does not conform to God's way which happens to also be their way.

I understand what the Bible says, but nowhere does it say that death and destruction will come out of Heaven. They teach that the death and destruction will be caused by Jehovah.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Hmmmm...., a bit of a rant, just there......

You don't have the first clue about how it is.
I don't expect you ever gave a JW two seconds of your time in order to find out.

Source! Prove it!
Allowing children to die that you personally knew?
I think we'll ask for a source for that.

JW honesty, integrity, trustworthiness, pacification, courage and tenacity are well known to any who wish to research and/or investigate.

I don't think you'd find it easy to match them, but that's just my opinion.

Of course it does! I've learned facts that you can't stomach.
You're showing your prejuduce, just a touch..... :p

And more hyperbole, must be a trait of your faith.

You opinion is noted and filed under typical ignorance

Lynn ma**** whose mother refused her daughter the medication she needed.

You missed out deception, untruth, child murderers and family destroyers.

You learned what? Please read the definition of fact then try that line again. But perhsps you have a point about not stomaching, quite nausiating really.

I am reciting facts, you consider fact to be prejudicial to your faith then thats a problem with your faith, not the facts.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Maybe you do not know that they believe in a god who will have killed everyone who does not conform to God's way which happens to also be their way.

I understand what the Bible says, but nowhere does it say that death and destruction will come out of Heaven. They teach that the death and destruction will be caused by Jehovah.

Savage, are you telling me that because I don't believe what JWs believe that I should be shouting them down, insulting them, chasing them down my drive, ranting about them?

No. I don't believe in what JWs believe. But their beliefs cause them to be just about the most trustworthy folks anyone could hope to meet with.

Around here if you have your roof relayed, or an electrical job, or change your car for another, etc, it's not a bad idea to trade with a JW, because their reputation is untainted.

I respect JWs because of how they live, not about what they think will happen when they die.

Oh, and I most probably don't believe in what you believe, either, but I have always called you 'friend' as well. I don't choose my friends through what their religion is, I choose friends through trust and friendship.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
And more hyperbole, must be a trait of your faith.
I don't have a faith.
Pay attention.

Lynn ma**** whose mother refused her daughter the medication she needed.
Weak. Very weak.
What medication was refused?
What happened?
Which country?
Let's prepare to drive a bus through this.

I am reciting facts, you consider fact to be prejudicial to your faith then thats a problem with your faith, not the facts.
I don't have a faith. Pay attention.
I am a Deist....... :facepalm:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Savage, are you telling me that because I don't believe what JWs believe that I should be shouting them down, insulting them, chasing them down my drive, ranting about them?

No. I don't believe in what JWs believe. But their beliefs cause them to be just about the most trustworthy folks anyone could hope to meet with.

Around here if you have your roof relayed, or an electrical job, or change your car for another, etc, it's not a bad idea to trade with a JW, because their reputation is untainted.

I respect JWs because of how they live, not about what they think will happen when they die.

Oh, and I most probably don't believe in what you believe, either, but I have always called you 'friend' as well. I don't choose my friends through what their religion is, I choose friends through trust and friendship.
That is all good and I agree. I said it because you posted that they are not killers.

Also, they present a fine front for a reward.
We do not know what kind of person each Jehovah's Witness is. God knows.

ChristineM

Premium Member
I don't have a faith.
Pay attention.

Weak. Very weak.
What medication was refused?
What happened?
Which country?
Let's prepare to drive a bus through this.

You do seem very upset because i value my privacy. Why is this i wonder? Shall we get back to my original post regarding my wish for privacy in my own home are are you determined to argue about whatever you think "that's think" you have a chance at winning some god points?

Drive what you want, when jws refuse blood transfusions that would otherwise save a child's life, it amounts to willful murder.

You don't have faith? first I've heard about it, i can only be attentive when you actually say something worth noting, so far all you have said or rather, implied is that my life bugs you, you are prone to hyperbole, and you drive a bus, not very well though with failing foresight.

ChristineM

Premium Member
I don't have a faith.
Pay attention.

Ahh right, i think i get you now, you are so egotistical that you expect people to read every post you make. Wow, really?

Shaking head in amazement.

Fyi, i dont give a fig about any post you make that isn't addressed to me

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
................I said it because you posted that they are not killers.
JWs are not killers.
There are hundreds and hundreds around here and none has ever killed, either deliberately or recklessly.

If you are so upset about JWs that you need to point at them as killers, then it seems as if you still have not come to peace over leaving them.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
You do seem very upset because i value my privacy. Why is this i wonder? Shall we get back to my original post regarding my wish for privacy in my own home are are you determined to argue about whatever you think "that's think" you have a chance at winning some god points?

Drive what you want, when jws refuse blood transfusions that would otherwise save a child's life, it amounts to willful murder.

You don't have faith? first I've heard about it, i can only be attentive when you actually say something worth noting, so far all you have said or rather, implied is that my life bugs you, you are prone to hyperbole, and you drive a bus, not very well though with failing foresight.

****** Yawn ************ snore ******

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Ahh right, i think i get you now, you are so egotistical that you expect people to read every post you make. Wow, really?

Shaking head in amazement.

Fyi, i dont give a fig about any post you make that isn't addressed to me

**** scratches **** turns over **** snore ****

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Question:-
So who was your friend? The husband?
Only asking....................

Good question OB. When one side of a story is embellished to paint the other side as the villain and them as the poor hapless victim, then of course its going to elicit emotional support for the poor victim.
cry2.gif
Those big bad JW's!

People always seem to want to make judgments before they hear both sides of a story. I wish there were more people like you OB. :)

My grandmother always said, "believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see"......that was good advice. Things can get all bent out of shape when people want to force their family members to comply with their wishes.

It isn't JW's who break up families......its small minded bigots who don't even bother to check things out. Jesus got a bad wrap too, from fellow Jews, but it wasn't deserved. He presented a different perspective and they hated him enough to want him dead! Its nothing new really.

I was married to an unbeliever for 45 years and it never broke up our family.
When I began to study the Bible, my husband was apprehensive at first because he hadn't heard good things about JW's, but after meeting the brothers, he was relieved to find that they were honest and trustworthy which is all too rare these days. He respected them as people even though he did not subscribe to our beliefs. He viewed my friends as his friends.

They knew he was not a spiritual man and never pressed him. Its about respect.
And giving people the benefit of the doubt.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Good question OB. When one side of a story is embellished to paint the other side as the villain and them as the poor hapless victim, then of course its going to elicit emotional support for the poor victim.
cry2.gif
Those big bad JW's!
There is something very sinister about the person who will point to any group and then rant and rage in self-righteous judgement against it.
I have taken some interest in such people and often found that they are compensating for their own mindsets or actions.

People always seem to want to make judgments before they hear both sides of a story. I wish there were more people like you OB. :)
35 years ago one man in my street ranted and raged against JW and LDS visitors. Fireball type rages. He used to personally collect and drive all the local kids to the Pier where roller-skating took place on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I was a lone parent back then and let my two kids walk to the Pier for skating. This man would rant and rage at me for putting them in danger, thus, when he could deliver and collect them safely. I never did listen to him.
A few years later he was caught, arrested, tried and convicted of child sexual assault..... he had taken two of his charges to the local woods.
That's one of a few examples that I have witnessed in my life. I don't trust ranters.

My grandmother always said, "believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see"......that was good advice. Things can get all bent out of shape when people want to force their family members to comply with their wishes.
True...... :)

I would answer all the rest of your post but must take my wife to work............ back later.... :)

If we go to the bible, torah forbids digesting blood but not blood transfusion. The problem is in this issue on observation that was made by holy martyrs and holy prophets. Blood transfusion will according to some schoolars cause personality change which easily is mistaken for disorders and illness.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
JWs are not killers.
There are hundreds and hundreds around here and none has ever killed, either deliberately or recklessly.

If you are so upset about JWs that you need to point at them as killers, then it seems as if you still have not come to peace over leaving them.
The one they worship is a killer. They are complicit with a killer. They want it! Do you not know that they can not have what they desire until God kills?
The only way they can get what they are working so hard for (and well, I agree) is after God destroys you and me. Oh, wait a minute. Not you. Just me. :p

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
The one they worship is a killer. They are complicit with a killer. They want it! Do you not know that they can not have what they desire until God kills?
The only way they can get what they are working so hard for (and well, I agree) is after God destroys you and me. Oh, wait a minute. Not you. Just me. :p

Sure..... their God is a killer, the Christian, Abrahamic, Islamic God is a killer. There are many evidences in the bible.

But that doesn't worry me because My Deity Kills EVERYTHING that lives, a Deity of giving and taking, production and destruction, and yet My Deity destroys nothing for all the energy and all the matter goes on, indefinitely, into a chaotic and wonderful future.

But JWs do not kill. Not compared to most Christian, Abrahamic, Islamic religions, they don't.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Jesus: I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart. Matthew 5:28

So? Does it follow that anyone who looks at the World injuriously has already committed murder in his heart?

No? Why is Matthew 5:28 only about sex then?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Most people know that sex is natural and better than murder, which I believe isn't natural.
I used to know a lovely lady. Her daughter was a Jehovah's Witness. A real one. :p
The lady led a difficult life but she was good. I am sure.
I knew Jehovah's Witnesses that were not friendly, kind, wise or hospitable.
The lady was all of those.
I thought, "it is only right that the woman should become a Jehovah's Witness because she deserves the love of God........That can't be right!"
The Jehovah's Witnesses are taught that people who are not Jehovah's Witnesses or who are not helping them do not deserve the love of God. They sight Matthew 25:31-46.
They say the governing body is made of the ones who are "the least of Jesus' brothers" and that anyone who doesn't do them good will be destroyed.

It can't be anything but funny that @Deeje says that what they teach is "twisted". But she only sees it if I say it.