• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why I CANNOT Believe in The Resurrection

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Many false prophets will come claiming to be me....
King James Bible
For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
Jesus said that because he knew that is what would happen:
List of people claimed to be Jesus - Wikipedia

But just because there have been many false prophets that does not mean that there will be no true prophets. That is illogical.
Baha'u'llah did not claim to be Jesus, He claimed to be the return of the Christ Spirit who came with a new name.

Revelation 2:17 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

Revelation 3:12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.
We will recognize Christ when he comes..
Who is we? Do you mean everyone?
Why do you think everyone would recognize Christ when he comes?
How do you think everyone would recognize Christ when he comes?

How many people do you think recognized Jesus when he first came to earth?
How many Jews became Christians in the first century?

Do you believe it will be the same Jesus coming? If you do you are mistaken because Jesus never promised to return, not once in the New Testament. I fact, Jesus said that his work was finished here and he was no more in the world.
(John 14:19, John 17:11, John 17:4, John 19:30)

Last edited:

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
I think we all all know what “etc.” means. The question asked of you, perhaps with tongue in cheek, was what is “ect” which you use constantly. In fact, “ect” is the word you use right before you begin your explanation of “etc.”
I once used '&c.' with someone and he had never seen it before. He thought it meant something sexual.

Apparently my reputation precedes me :oops:

Riders

To me, the only way he could've been raised is he would have been chopped up by all the stabbing and bleeding all over. I know Christians say God can do anything including a magic trick on Jesus' body to make it ok. To me, since God created science, he would never go against it to do magic tricks on Jesus' body.

F1fan

Veteran Member
No offense but that’s the dumbest thing I’ve heard in a long time. If you’re a psychologist and that’s what you learned then get your money back. If someone’s higher power isn’t Jesus Christ then yes they will most likely fail.
I'm not offended at all. Your posts reveal that you have contempt for science and reason, so I would expect you to oppose the education I've received from a university. For example you say this:
Resurrection is true because the Spirit of Christ lives in me, not sure what to tell you. Unless you receive salvation and get filled with the Holy Spirit you won’t understand or comprehend what I’m saying.
This statement is an excellent example of anti-reason, and anti-fact. It's so utterly contrary to reality that it's comical. And perhaps tragic.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Resurrection is true because the Spirit of Christ lives in me, not sure what to tell you. Unless you receive salvation and get filled with the Holy Spirit you won’t understand or comprehend what I’m saying.
Or, perhaps I do understand even better than you do. I am not afraid to put my ideas to a proper test. You do not appear to be able to do the same. That means that you do not "know" you only believe. Mere belief is not enough.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Many false prophets will come claiming to be me....
King James Bible
For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

We will recognize Christ when he comes..
Has it ever occurred to Christians that Christ returning is for believers to just be decent people? I find it sad that Christians over the centuries are expecting a mythic figure to appear, only to be disappointed. They could be bringing Christ back by just following his teachings.

F1fan

Veteran Member
To me, the only way he could've been raised is he would have been chopped up by all the stabbing and bleeding all over. I know Christians say God can do anything including a magic trick on Jesus' body to make it ok. To me, since God created science, he would never go against it to do magic tricks on Jesus' body.
Were you by any chance a member of Beliefnet back in the early 2000's? Rider of the Storm?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Has it ever occurred to Christians that Christ returning is for believers to just be decent people? I find it sad that Christians over the centuries are expecting a mythic figure to appear, only to be disappointed. They could be bringing Christ back by just following his teachings.
That is an optimistic approach. Lately I think that they believe that they can bring Jesus back by acting poorly. By rejecting his teachings.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Lately I think that they believe that they can bring Jesus back by acting poorly. By rejecting his teachings.
They certainly have to reject what Jesus said in order to bring him BACK. :oops::rolleyes:

John 14:19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

John 17:11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

Are we having fun yet? :D

F1fan

Veteran Member
That is an optimistic approach. Lately I think that they believe that they can bring Jesus back by acting poorly. By rejecting his teachings.
as an atheist I've pondered the whole scenario of the Jesus myth and the ideas Christians often believe are objectively true. I realized they are absurd objectively, but could actually work for a person if interpreted entirely symbolically.

Riders

Were you by any chance a member of Beliefnet back in the early 2000's? Rider of the Storm?

Yes I was F1fan and I recognize your name aha!!!!!!!!!!! I much more calm and cool and boring these days. Of course I was only 37 when I first started using Beliefnet. I am now 54, so I am old these days lol!

Or, perhaps I do understand even better than you do. I am not afraid to put my ideas to a proper test. You do not appear to be able to do the same. That means that you do not "know" you only believe. Mere belief is not enough.
I’m spiritually alive because I received the gospel that Jesus rose from the dead. You’re spiritually dead because you deny Jesus rose from the dead. You trust science that can never impart spiritual life to anyone.

And you are fulfilling Peter’s prophecy:
“knowing this first: that scoffers will come in the last days, walking according to their own lusts, and saying, “Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation.” For this they willfully forget: that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of water and in the water, by which the world that then existed perished, being flooded with water. But the heavens and the earth which are now preserved by the same word, are reserved for fire until the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men. But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance. But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up. Therefore, since all these things will be dissolved, what manner of persons ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness, looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be dissolved, being on fire, and the elements will melt with fervent heat? Nevertheless we, according to His promise, look for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells.”
‭‭II Peter‬ ‭3

I'm not offended at all. Your posts reveal that you have contempt for science and reason, so I would expect you to oppose the education I've received from a university. For example you say this:

This statement is an excellent example of anti-reason, and anti-fact. It's so utterly contrary to reality that it's comical. And perhaps tragic.
My statements reflect that you have no idea what your talking about when you talk of AA or The Bible. A lot of psychobabble, and you said you did studies on it ? You haven’t got a clue.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I’m spiritually alive because I received the gospel that Jesus rose from the dead. You’re spiritually dead because you deny Jesus rose from the dead. You trust science that can never impart spiritual life to anyone.
LOL! I am spiritually alive because I received the Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, a clearly morally superior God to the tribal murderer of the Bible. You are spiritually dead because you believe in a God that thinks that slavery and genocide are fine.

Compare their "Commandments:

The 8 I’d Really Rather You Didn’ts

1. I’d really rather you didn’t act like a sanctimonious, holier-than-thou *** when describing my Noodly Goodness. If some people don’t believe in me, that’s okay. Really, I’m not that vain. Besides, this isn’t about them so don’t change the subject.

2. I’d really rather you didn’t use my existence as a means to oppress, subjugate, punish, eviscerate, and/or, you know, be mean to others. I don’t require sacrifices and purity is for drinking water, not people.

3. I’d really rather you didn’t judge people for the way they look, or how they dress, or the way they talk, or, well, just play nice, okay? Oh, and get this in your thick heads: woman = person. Man = person. Samey-samey. One is not better than the other, unless we’re talking about fashion and I’m sorry, but I gave that to women and some guys who know the difference between teal and fuchsia.

4. I’d really rather you didn’t indulge in conduct that offends yourself, or your willing, consenting partner of legal age and mental maturity. As for anyone who might object, I think the expression is go f*** yourself, unless they find that offensive in which case they can turn off the TV for once and go for a walk for a change.

5. I’d really rather you didn’t challenge the bigoted, misogynist, hateful ideas of others on an empty stomach. Eat, then go after the b******.

6. I’d really rather you didn’t build multimillion-dollar churches / temples / mosques / shrines to my Noodly Goodness when the money could be better spent (take your pick):
a. Ending poverty
b. Curing diseases
c. Living in peace, loving with passion, and lowering the cost of cable
I might be a complex-carbohydrate omniscient being, but I enjoy the simple things in life. I ought to know. I am the creator.

7. I’d really rather you didn’t go around telling people I talk to you. You’re not that interesting. Get over yourself. And I told you to love your fellow man, can’t you take a hint?

8. I’d really rather you didn’t do unto others as you would have them do unto you if you are into, um, stuff that uses a lot of leather / lubricant / lass Vegas. If the other person is into it, however (pursuant to #4), then have at it, take pictures, and for the love of mike, wear a condom! Honestly, it’s a piece of rubber. If I didn’t want it to feel good when you did it I would have added spikes, or something.

Your Bible allows a father to sell his daughter into sex slavery.

F1fan

Veteran Member
My statements reflect that you have no idea what your talking about when you talk of AA or The Bible. A lot of psychobabble, and you said you did studies on it ? You haven’t got a clue.
I understand your statements. They're formed from a lack of knowledge or wisdom. And you don't seem aware that your lack of knowledge is a liability even though it's explained to you over and over by numerous people.

F1fan

Veteran Member
And you are fulfilling Peter’s prophecy:
“knowing this first: that scoffers will come in the last days, walking according to their own lusts, and saying, “Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation.” For this they willfully forget: that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of water and in the water, by which the world that then existed perished, being flooded with water. But the heavens and the earth which are now preserved by the same word, are reserved for fire until the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men. But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance. But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up. Therefore, since all these things will be dissolved, what manner of persons ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness, looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be dissolved, being on fire, and the elements will melt with fervent heat? Nevertheless we, according to His promise, look for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells.”
‭‭II Peter‬ ‭3
All that's about me, eh? Well I'm not convinced. What I said was that Christian concepts taken literally make no sense in the real world, but they could work symbolically. Reading the above Bible text is just lofty and incoherent writing some 2000 years ago. Trying to make this stuff fit a modern mind is a huge burden.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Yes I was F1fan and I recognize your name aha!!!!!!!!!!! I much more calm and cool and boring these days. Of course I was only 37 when I first started using Beliefnet. I am now 54, so I am old these days lol!
LOL, excellent. You're the second person I've seen with the same old name. There's a facebook group of the old Bnet crew if you're not aware of it. Kinda fun to keep contact with that family.