• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why I CANNOT Believe in The Resurrection

I'm not sure what you're referring to but the videos I've seen show the trump mob outnumbering the police. The woman and her cohorts were ordered to not enter, and she did. They could see the security officials had guns, so made her decision and it was foolish. I keep hearing conservatives complain that black people under arrest should just do what they were told. Well the woman was told and she ignored them, yet you say she was murdered. Yet you blame Floyd for not complying, and as you keep saying, he was under the influence. So your views are quite biased.
Your good with the police officer shooting the 16 year old Ma’Khia Bryant, right? That should be obvious cause she was getting ready to kill another human being.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Whose life was in danger? Looked like they cleared the floor. Never supposed to kill someone when there is no threat.

Not sure you can comprehend things... I said the people at the Capitol destroying property were wrong, the cop firing his weapon at the woman? Let him answer under oath as to why he felt the need to shoot the lady. He should have to answer and be cross examined. Where’s the bias except yours? Floyd did cause the escalation and pushed the cops to restrain him, he was actually in the cop car at one point and kept fighting the cops, never said the cops weren’t at fault but Floyd did cause that and it was the drugs.
The floor was not "clear". Look at the video that you linked. It is incredibly amazing that you missed in your own video the Congressmen. Here is a hint. They paused the video and labeled them for you.

John1.12

Free gift
paarsurrey said:
How could Bible be a standard, when its verses are interpreted and taken at the whims of the Pauline-Christians?
On one hand the Christianity say that Jesus used to talk in parables. On the other hand they take physically what Jesus said and actually meant metaphorically according to the norm of the then Jews and as per the usage of Torah (OT). The whims of the Christians cannot be the "standard".
One might have not reflected on some of the creeds of Christianity.
For instance take the issue of putting God-head on Jesus. Has one ever thought that it can never mean Jesus being a literal and or physically God; as this entails following implications:
  1. God has wife (I take refuge with Allah)
  2. that makes makes Mary the wife of Christian-God (I take refuge with Allah)
  3. Jesus was husband of his mother (I take refuge with Allah)
  4. Jesus was his own father. (I take refuge with Allah)
I don't think this is acceptable to our friend @Barry Johnson . Right?

The Christians never Cross-examined the "witnesses" of the event of Cross, this is being done by the Historians in this era. Right?

Regards

The gospel of John is the only one of the four that gets twisted to make out as if Jesus is saying he is God. Jesus had no interest in suggesting he was God; he had enough to do being God’s son, and as Messiah had to remain sinless so as to fulfil his father’s word. Making himself out to be his own father would have been extremely confusing for all concerned as well as counter-productive.

However you are right in suggesting that Christianity evolved* its teachings over time to arrive at what is currently believed. It was not the gospel of John that caused it but he gets the blame, seeing that there was sufficient enigmatic material in there to confuse, divide, and conquer the new churches.

Given the Gospel of John is the only one that states Jesus as God, how would Christianity evolve over time if there was no Gospel of John? - Quora

paarsurrey comments:

*It is not evolving of Christianity, it is the case of corrupting Jesus’ teachings which Jesus taught and acted upon prior to the event of Crucifixion.

Did I say something like that, please? Please highlight if I missed it. Right?

Regards
The bible is the standard regardless of how people interpret it .

The floor was not "clear". Look at the video that you linked. It is incredibly amazing that you missed in your own video the Congressmen. Here is a hint. They paused the video and labeled them for you.
At the beginning yes but looked like they cleared the place out, cops leave the door, tactical officers coming in the rear, hall was clear. Officer had no other option than to kill her is your position?

Attachments

• D55BC2EB-633D-4B35-BE7D-011D87D95763.jpeg
    D55BC2EB-633D-4B35-BE7D-011D87D95763.jpeg
    675.5 KB · Views: 0

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
At the beginning yes but looked like they cleared the place out, cops leave the door, tactical officers coming in the rear, hall was clear. Officer had no other option than to kill her is your position?
What? No, watch the video again. They were not c!eared out. There was nowhere for them to go.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Who says ? which committee decided this ?
Facts. The Bible has no authority, no spokesperson, no army, no representative, no committee, no nothing. It's just a book that exists in different languages, different forms over the centuries, in different translations, and with many, many different interpretations. You can believe what you want about the Bible, but your opinion has no authority beyond yourself.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Of course you don’t want to answer that
You've already gone off topic to the Floyd trial, and then the Capitol attack, and now you want to bring up another unrelated example. You're failing argue for your position on each of your topics. Your intent seems to be seeking validation for your extreme conservative attitudes, and that hasn't worked for you.

You've already gone off topic to the Floyd trial, and then the Capitol attack, and now you want to bring up another unrelated example. You're failing argue for your position on each of your topics. Your intent seems to be seeking validation for your extreme conservative attitudes, and that hasn't worked for you.
Wrong, I answered all of it and consistent. You won’t answer and they are all related. Floyd was drugged up and his failure to comply resulted in officers needs to restrain him, did you watch the video? They had him in the car, he forced his way out of the car even in cuffs, at that point is when the officer restrained him in the ground. Floyd’s actions compounded the problem. The officers were also at fault. If Floyd didn’t have all the drugs in his system he would be alive. That’s what the truth is.
The Capitol police officer broke the rules of firearm safety to begin with, last resort is to take a life and only if your life or someone else is imminent. Looked like he had his finger in the trigger from the get go, that’s wrong as well. Destruction of property isn’t a reason to end a life. If you’re position is that she deserved to be shot then all the other incidents of police shooting and killing shouldn’t be an issue like Blake, Brooks or Bryant. Is that your view as well?