• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why I CANNOT Believe in The Resurrection

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Your practically saying God didn't know the shape of the earth he created . As the Author couldn't know the information unless given directly by God.
I can’t help what the text actually says. It says what it says. If God wrote it, God lied. Science shows the earth to be an ellipsoid — a slightly wide sphere. Not a disc, as the text clearly implies.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
It did not exist at the time of the writing of that verse. When written that was just one letter of many. He could not have been referring to the New Testament.

You do not seem to understand that man decided what was and what was not scripture. There were countless "gospels" at one time.
Okay @Barry Johnson why is that funny? You do not seem to know the history of the Bible at all.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I can’t help what the text actually says. It says what it says. If God wrote it, God lied. Science shows the earth to be an ellipsoid — a slightly wide sphere. Not a disc, as the text clearly implies.
Literalists simply cannot understand why they are claiming that God is a liar. The odds are that he will misinterpret this.

“For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭4:12-13‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
“For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭4:12-13‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
Again, not referring to any of the NT texts, if “word” refers to texts at all.

“Does not wisdom cry out, And understanding lift up her voice? She takes her stand on the top of the high hill, Beside the way, where the paths meet. She cries out by the gates, at the entry of the city, At the entrance of the doors: “To you, O men, I call, And my voice is to the sons of men. O you simple ones, understand prudence, And you fools, be of an understanding heart. Listen, for I will speak of excellent things, And from the opening of my lips will come right things; For my mouth will speak truth; Wickedness is an abomination to my lips. All the words of my mouth are with righteousness; Nothing crooked or perverse is in them. They are all plain to him who understands, And right to those who find knowledge.”
‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭8:1-9‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
This isn't my first rodeo . But even if I didn't know any ' history ' on the bible. The bible itself would be sufficient.
And this is why you do not understand the Bible. You only believe in it. And it is your particular belief that you have placed upon it.

Do you understand how literalists turn God into a liar?