• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WHY I BELIEVE THAT CHRIST IS GOD

Wrangler

Ask And You Will Receive
Jesus preexisted in heaven with the Father, he was both human and divine in one miraculous personality. He retuned on his own volition after his body was killed, then returned to heaven where he came from..

Trinitarian nonsense.

You aren't that kind of son of God.

Not everyone can be a mouth. It is foolish to say a foot is not of the body because it is not a hand.

Colt

Says you. The Bible is what I go and it says that Jesus WAS GIVEN authority (by the one and only God, Jesus' God, our God).
Thats right, when God created his divine son in heaven he gave him powers and authority.

You go by a cherry picked version of the Bible.

Wrangler

Ask And You Will Receive
You make black and white statements but then have to eat your word. Are you sure you have actually studied the Bible?

I am sure I actually studied the Bible. Do you know the verses you cite do not actually state a trinitarian God as you desperately hope? If Jesus tells us to answer the door 'trick or treat,' that is not a statement of the nature of God.

Moreover, do you know those verses were added in the 4th century? Said differently, why do you suppose the Apostles stubbornly disobeyed their risen Lord in merely baptizing 'in the name of Jesus' at many other instances?

The fundamental reason why I believe that Christ is God, is that I find that the christian concept of God and of divine love is the highest possible concept. I find that the idea itself that God loves us so much that He chose to assume the human nature and accepted to suffer crucifission in order to save us, expresses such a high concept of God and of divine love that it can comes only from God and it is certainly a truth. This concept is fully convincing for me, it proves itself by itself and makes superfluous any other arguments . I believe that Chirst suffered His Passion to help us to have faith in Him and trust Him, to make us understand that God loves us infinitely, that God is good and mercifull and that God is near to us so that we may totally trust Him and open our heart to Him, be in communion with Him and be saved.
There are other religions teaching that God is love, but the problem is to define what the word “love” means, because by itself it could be only a vague and generic concept.
The christian faith is unique because it gives a very concrete and unique meaning to the concept of divine love: in fact God’s love actualizes in the acceptance of a terrible physical suffering; the God of the christian faith loves us so much that He is willing to suffer a painful death in order to save us. In the christian faith, love is not only a theoretical and vague concept; Christ’s Passion is a clear and concrete realization of the concept of divine love which teaches us what is the true meaning of love. I think that this christian idea of divine love is the highest possible concept of divine love and it is the fundamental reason why I believe that Christ is God.
If any being who ever existed on this planet has ever demonstrated the exalted type of love that the Lord Jesus Christ has demonstrated I have no knowledge of them. He truly is God, the only perfect being that ever lived a mortal life.

Colt

I am sure I actually studied the Bible. Do you know the verses you cite do not actually state a trinitarian God as you desperately hope? If Jesus tells us to answer the door 'trick or treat,' that is not a statement of the nature of God.

Moreover, do you know those verses were added in the 4th century? Said differently, why do you suppose the Apostles stubbornly disobeyed their risen Lord in merely baptizing 'in the name of Jesus' at many other instances?
Jesus is a higher office than you.

Last edited:

Wrangler

Ask And You Will Receive
Trinitarian idolatry is what is silly. For we are to judge the angels, yes? 1 Corinthians 6:3

For his Spirit joins with our spirit to affirm that we are God’s children.17 And since we are his children, we are his heirs. In fact, together with Christ we are heirs of God’s glory.
Romans 8:16-17

Colt

Trinitarian idolatry is what is silly. For we are to judge the angels, yes? 1 Corinthians 6:3

For his Spirit joins with our spirit to affirm that we are God’s children.17 And since we are his children, we are his heirs. In fact, together with Christ we are heirs of God’s glory.
Romans 8:16-17
That’s where you got the idea that you are equal with Christ and will sit on Gods throne?

Last edited:

Wrangler

Ask And You Will Receive
Only trinitarian idolatry asserts that children to the same father are inherently not equal heirs.

1 Corinthians 8:6 states in relevant part For us, there is one God, the Father. Construct a stronger anti-trinitarian statement.

mmarco

Only trinitarian idolatry asserts that children to the same father are inherently not equal heirs.

1 Corinthians 8:6 states in relevant part For us, there is one God, the Father. Construct a stronger anti-trinitarian statement.

You cannot extract only a piece of a verse,out of its context, and build a whole theology on it. The full verse is: But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.
The Lord Jesus and the Father are one, this is the true meaning of the verse, since all things are by both the Father and the Son. You must understand the context; Paul is condamning idolatry and politheism and he is pointing our that christians are monotheists. The divine nature of Christ is clearly stated in so many verses in the New Testament.

Wrangler

Ask And You Will Receive
You cannot extract only a piece of a verse,out of its context

The only context that matters in the context of our conversation is that there is only one God. the Father. Jesus is not God. And you failed to construct a stronger anti-trinitarian statement.

Colt

The only context that matters in the context of our conversation is that there is only one God. the Father. Jesus is not God. And you failed to construct a stronger anti-trinitarian statement.
The Son of God, divine, preexistent from eternity. Not co-equal and not the second person of The Paradise Trinity.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
It refers to Jesus as the Man, 1 Timothy 2:5. Christ is both man and God, Ephesians 5:5. That is how many understand Him being the Lord and Christ, Acts 2:36.
I comprehend gospel writer Luke saying at Acts of the Apostles 2:36 that -> 'God' made Jesus both Lord and Christ.(Jesus did Not make....)
This is because as Matthew 28:18 says that all authority/power was 'given' to Jesus. Given to Jesus by his Father as per John 3:35.
Thus, it is 'God' who exalted Jesus to His right hand according to Acts of the Apostles 5:31.

Also, please note in the King James at Psalms 110 there are two (2) LORD/Lord's mentioned.
The LORD in all Upper-Case letters stands for LORD God ( Tetragrammaton )
The Lord in some lower-case letters stands for Lord Jesus ( No Tetragrammaton )
This is why 1 Timothy 2:5 informs us that 'Christ' Jesus is the one mediator between God and us.
Jesus did Not become 'Christ' until his baptism.

As far as Ephesians 5:5 it does Not say Christ is both an and God, so you must have another verse in mind.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Oh, what verse says this in full context?
According to the Bible I find only God was pre-existent from eternity - Psalm 90:2 - God being from everlasting.....
Whereas, pre-human heavenly Jesus was the beginning of the creation by God as per John at Revelation 3:14 B.
So, only God was ' before ' the beginning of anything, that is why God is Creator - Revelation 4:11.
Whereas, pre-human Jesus was " in " the beginning, but Not ' before ' the beginning as his God was.
Even the resurrected ascended-to-heaven Jesus still thinks he has a God over him according to Revelation 3:12.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
............ The Spirit of God is in all of God's children. This is what makes us both immortal and divine - starting with Jesus, our Lord and Savior.
I find that Adam and Eve and Satan are Not immortal. Adam 'returned ' back to where he started: dust - Genesis 3:19.
They are Not death proof. They could only have 'everlasting life' if they served their Creator.
In the Bible, the wicked are ' destroyed forever ' (Not alive forever) - Psalms 92:7; Psalms 104:35; Proverbs 2:21-22.
Sinner Satan will be ' destroyed ' by Jesus according to Hebrews 2:14 B.

In order to be saved (delivered / rescued) one must endure to the end according to Matthew 24:13.
* Endure faithful til death
* Endure while alive at the soon coming ' time of separation to take place on Earth ' as per Matthew 25:31-33,37

I comprehend gospel writer Luke saying at Acts of the Apostles 2:36 that -> 'God' made Jesus both Lord and Christ.(Jesus did Not make....)
This is because as Matthew 28:18 says that all authority/power was 'given' to Jesus. Given to Jesus by his Father as per John 3:35.
Thus, it is 'God' who exalted Jesus to His right hand according to Acts of the Apostles 5:31.

Also, please note in the King James at Psalms 110 there are two (2) LORD/Lord's mentioned.
The LORD in all Upper-Case letters stands for LORD God ( Tetragrammaton )
The Lord in some lower-case letters stands for Lord Jesus ( No Tetragrammaton )
This is why 1 Timothy 2:5 informs us that 'Christ' Jesus is the one mediator between God and us.
Jesus did Not become 'Christ' until his baptism.

As far as Ephesians 5:5 it does Not say Christ is both an and God, so you must have another verse in mind.
I understand Psalms 110 to refer to the son of David, that is David's Lord as a man. Matthew 22:45.
As for Ephesians 5:5, we know Christ to be a man. The Greek grammar is understood by many to say Christ is God.
Where do you get the notion Jesus did not become the Christ until His immersion, aka baptism? Luke 2:11, "For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord."

Baroodi

You must understand that God lives His eternal life out of time. But God is omnipotent and He can assume the human nature and enter time and space as a human, and as a human He can suffer and die. In His eternal and out-of-time life, God the Father and God the Son always live in the unity of the Holy Spirit. But God has the power to enter the historical time and this is what He did out of love for us, in order to reach us in our weakness and our sufferings and comunicate to us the strength to believe and trust in His love for us, so that He can save us form our sinful and miserable life and lead us to the true and eternal life.

Fine!! according to this, why he is not incarnating again and again since the disappearance of Jesus because the mission was not achieved. Horror, illusion and disarray are still all over the world