• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why I believe in Christ

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
But where did Jesus say that he was a god, given that he unsuccessfully asked for help when he was being executed for sedition by the Romans, which is hardly a god-like trait (Matt 27:46)?
1. John 10:30 The Father and I are one.

2. Philippians 2:5-6 You must have the same attitude that Christ Jesus had. Though he was God, he did not think of equality with God as something to cling to.

3. John 17:21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

4. John 1:18 No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.

5. Colossians 2:9-10 For in him the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily. and in Christ you have been brought to fullness. He is the head over every power and authority.

Jesus claimed to be God.

6. John 10:33 “We are not stoning you for any good work,” they replied, “but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.”

7. John 5:18 This was why the Jews were seeking all the more to kill him, because not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God.

mmarco

But where did Jesus say that he was a god, given that he unsuccessfully asked for help from his god when he was being executed for sedition by the Romans, which is hardly a god-like trait (Matt 27:46)?

Jesus never unsuccessfully asked for help from His God;
Mt 27:46 About three in the afternoon Jesus cried out in a loud voice, “Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?” (which means “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?

In fact , this is not a request for help.
In His human nature, Jesus experienced death, and therefore He felt forsaken by God at the point of death.

Mitty

1. John 10:30 The Father and I are one.

2. Philippians 2:5-6 You must have the same attitude that Christ Jesus had. Though he was God, he did not think of equality with God as something to cling to.

3. John 17:21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

4. John 1:18 No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.

5. Colossians 2:9-10 For in him the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily. and in Christ you have been brought to fullness. He is the head over every power and authority.

Jesus claimed to be God.

6. John 10:33 “We are not stoning you for any good work,” they replied, “but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.”

7. John 5:18 This was why the Jews were seeking all the more to kill him, because not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God.
So why did Jesus curse his god when he unsuccessfully asked it for help when he was being executed for sedition by the Romans if he was a god?

And why did Jesus say that he wasn't without sin if he was a god (Mark 10:18)?

And why didn't Jesus' mother and her family even believe that he was a prophet, let alone a god (Matt 13:55-58)?

Or are those just fantasy stories in a book?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
So why did Jesus curse his god when he unsuccessfully asked it for help when he was being executed for sedition by the Romans if he was a god?

And why did Jesus say that he wasn't without sin if he was a god (Mark 10:18)?

And why didn't Jesus' mother and her family even believe that he was a prophet, let alone a god (Matt 13:55-58)?

Or are those just fantasy stories in a book?
I am not Jesus og God, so how should i know?

Mitty

Jesus never unsuccessfully asked for help from His God;
Mt 27:46 About three in the afternoon Jesus cried out in a loud voice, “Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?” (which means “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?

In fact , this is not a request for help.
In His human nature, Jesus experienced death, and therefore He felt forsaken by God at the point of death.
In other words Jesus cursed his god when it didn't help him while he was being executed by the Romans for sedition.

Last edited:

Mitty

You keep repeating your self, do you not research it your self?
But that's what the bible says. Or don't you believe what the bible actually says?

Why didn't Jesus claim to be a god when he was being executed by the Romans for sedition, and why did he curse his god when it didn't help him?

mmarco

In other words Jesus cursed his god when it didn't help him while he was being executed by the Romans for sedition.

Jesus never cursed God; actually He turned to God even when He felt His perception of God's presence disappearing because He was dying.
You go on twisting voluntary the meaning of biblical verses; from now on, I'll stop reading your messages.

Mitty

Jesus never cursed God; actually He turned to God even when He felt His perception of God's presence disappearing because He was dying.
You go on twisting voluntary the meaning of biblical verses; from now on, I'll stop reading your messages.
But that's what the bible says.

Where does Matt 27 say that Jesus was a god?

And why did Jesus say that his god had forsaken him if he was a god?

Mitty

It was mean to say understanding
It's still just your personal opinion, and doesn't change the fact that Matt 27 says that Jesus asked his god why it had forsaken him when he was being executed for sedition by the Romans, and does not say that Jesus was a god or even a prophet.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
It's still just your personal opinion, and doesn't change the fact that Matt 27 says that Jesus asked his god why it had forsaken him when he was being executed for sedition by the Romans, and does not say that Jesus was a god or even a prophet.
And that is your opinion, if you do not believe in Christianity allmøte, why do you ask questions that no man today can anser since they were not there to hear Jesus true words, all Christians can do is to gear the bible and culticivate there mind and body.

No Christian person today can anser why they wrote the bible exactly as they did, only the autors know that.

So stop it, you are not going to get the anser you seek without doing the work your self.

Mitty

And that is your opinion, if you do not believe in Christianity allmøte, why do you ask questions that no man today can anser since they were not there to hear Jesus true words, all Christians can do is to gear the bible and culticivate there mind and body.

No Christian person today can anser why they wrote the bible exactly as they did, only the autors know that.

So stop it, you are not going to get the anser you seek without doing the work your self.
But that's what the bible actually says, and it's your choice if you don't believe what it says.

And if you believe otherwise, then where does Matt 27 say that Jesus was a god? And if so, why did he say that his god had forsaken him when he was being executed by the Romans for sedition?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
But that's what the bible actually says, and it's your choice if you don't believe what it says.

And if you believe otherwise, then where does Matt 27 say that Jesus was a god? And if so, why did he say that his god had forsaken him when he was being executed by the Romans for sedition?
Did you even read my reply?

Mitty

Did you even read my reply?
Have you ever actually read the bible? If so, where does Matt 27 say that Jesus was a god, and why Jesus asked his god why it had forsaken him when he was being executed by the Romans for sedition?

Last edited: